Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about joining gym

• 04-05-2012 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi Guys, im thinking of joining a gym. Just looking for some advice. Im 6ft 1 and weigh about 12.5 stone, a slender enough frame. Im not looking to bulk up as such, but more a well defined look all over.
    For breakfast I usually eat a bowl of porridge and 2 slices of brown bread.

Lunch consists of a toasted sandwich's with ham, chilli, lettuce, cheese. bread would be brown also.

For tea its usually a curry (mushrooms, chillis, chicken, peppers, tomato), either thai or indian, homemade with naan bread (plain white).
    Sometimes I eat homemade burgers with oven chips, usually 3 burgers. I would also eat microwave vegetables with it.
    This would usually be followed by 3 or 4 slices of toast (brown).

My question is, is it possible to put on muscle in all areas arms, legs, stomach, back etc without bulking up too much?

Many Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

CountryJoe wrote: »
    Hi Guys, im thinking of joining a gym. Just looking for some advice. Im 6ft 1 and weigh about 12.5 stone, a slender enough frame. Im not looking to bulk up as such, but more a well defined look all over.
    For breakfast I usually eat a bowl of porridge and 2 slices of brown bread.

Lunch consists of a toasted sandwich's with ham, chilli, lettuce, cheese. bread would be brown also.

For tea its usually a curry (mushrooms, chillis, chicken, peppers, tomato), either thai or indian, homemade with naan bread (plain white).
    Sometimes I eat homemade burgers with oven chips, usually 3 burgers. I would also eat microwave vegetables with it.
    This would usually be followed by 3 or 4 slices of toast (brown).

My question is, is it possible to put on muscle in all areas arms, legs, stomach, back etc without bulking up too much?

Many Thanks in advance

Yeah its possible but your diet needs improvement to get that.

Do you use chilly sauce or flakes and is the sauce for the curry homemade or from a jar? These have a lot of calories in them. If you it's too difficult to make your own sauce then just use a lot of herbs and spices a just a tiny bit of sauce. There's too many carbs in their as well, take out the snacks of bread and replace it with things like nuts or a tin if tuna. Really load up on veg in meals instead of carbs. Try eating eggs for breakfast, you can scramble them in the microwave or hard boil a bunch in a go, or make an omelet for lunch. Not enough protein as well, and no fruit.

Look at a beginners weights programme, something like starting strength or 5x5 and introduce a bit of cardio. But diet is the most important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Yeah its possible but your diet needs improvement to get that.

Do you use chilly sauce or flakes and is the sauce for the curry homemade or from a jar? These have a lot of calories in them. If you it's too difficult to make your own sauce then just use a lot of herbs and spices a just a tiny bit of sauce. There's too many carbs in their as well, take out the snacks of bread and replace it with things like nuts or a tin if tuna. Really load up on veg in meals instead of carbs. Try eating eggs for breakfast, you can scramble them in the microwave or hard boil a bunch in a go, or make an omelet for lunch. Not enough protein as well, and no fruit.

Look at a beginners weights programme, something like starting strength or 5x5 and introduce a bit of cardio. But diet is the most important.

Chilli sauce would be from a jar, but only use a small bit. Its rebel chilli sauce which is uber hot, so only a tea spoon needed to make curry piping hot! Will be definately using more veggies, unfortunitely as regards fruit, i never eat it as it makes me feel nauseous. However, would innocent smoothies do the trick?
    Many thanks for your feedback.

Advertisement