Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 30th March 2012

Options
  • 29-03-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭

Fermanagh GAA player Mark McGovern, who spent more than a month in a coma after he was assaulted during a match in San Francisco last Summer, will be on the show for his first live TV interview since the horrific attack.

Irish cricketers Trent Johnston, John Mooney and Kevin O'Brien (predictable bread joke alert)

Donegal Action Against Austerity

Music from James McCartney, Altan and Katie Melua

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Donegal Action Against Austerity
    All I can say is, I hope Pearse Doherty is involved in this group ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

The only ones I know out of that line up are Altan and Katie Melua :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Can't wait.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think I'll watch this and record it so I can watch again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The GAA player's story might be worth a watch... I don't watch TLLS very often, but might tune in for that.

Other than that, the only thing that sounds vaguely interesting would be Katie Melua.

And thanks OP, I'm going to be singing "Johnston, Mooney, and O'brien!" all day now! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The end is nigh I feel, sad to see a once great show in its death throes. If no cure can be found soon someone should take out a gun and put it out of its misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I think this line-up could actually be the all-time low!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Music from James McCartney, Altan and Katie Melua

That's James 'Son of Paul' McCartney. Decent enough singer in his own right, to be fair. Looks very like his Da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Skid wrote: »
    That's James 'Son of Paul' McCartney. Decent enough singer in his own right, to be fair. Looks very like his Da.

All Tubs needs is Ziggy Marley then he has a hat trick of musicians less talented than their fathers on the LLS.

Pam St Clement AKA Pat Butcher from Eastenders is another guest.

Could be a long night :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

jaysus thats some lineup. I wonder how many household charges would be paid for if all the money tied up in the LLS was put towards that instead? They could just show reruns from the 80s and 90s shows instead. Sad fact is the guests on those shows would still be more relevant than the current nobodies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What a lineup! I feel the excitement.

Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

There mustve been some amount of cancellations for that sorta line up
    Normal those guys would be kept on stand by if some Z list celeb couldnt make it out of rehab/africa/hospital on time

• Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Also on tonight's show - Fiona Looney, Deirdre O' Kane and Pauline McGlynn pop in to chat about Fiona's new play 'Greener'

Also on tonight's show - Fiona Looney, Deirdre O' Kane and Pauline McGlynn pop in to chat about Fiona's new play 'Greener'

This is the worst Guest List of any Television Show since John Logie Baird make a dash to the Patent Office :mad:

I hope someone has informed The Samaritans, they might be busy tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont think I hate any three women in the world more ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I dont think I hate any three women in the world more ..

This is a bad show tonight, how will we entertain ourselves Johnny?

I hate Deirdre O kane more than the other two but I hate them as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Deirdre O'Kane's voice is enough for me to switch off the tv.

Usually by throwing the remote control at the screen.

Tonight's line up looks like a rejection list from The old Afternoon Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Remember the days were you would have film stars on and heated debate on the topics of the day?
    You would think decades later with Ireland having even more prominance on the world stage that the national broadcaster's flagship talk show could muster a person of interest outside of a few "Oh that's the fellah, you know, your man" types with a minor blip in their career or life to beat us over the head with time and time again.
    Tonight is a Zed list, past their sell-by date line up. All filler and no content. It's a drain on the licence fee. We should call for more value for money or the show to be axed. Can they/we afford two talk/entertainment shows when they haven't the talent to host or fill either?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

can it get any worse?:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

hondasam wrote: »
    I hate Deirdre O kane more than the other two but I hate them as well

They should ask her what ever happened to her "property tycoon" sister...

15th October 2008 "Now is the time to buy"..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

casio4 wrote: »
    can it get any worse?:(

Heard Bertie is on next week...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

72558.gif

Worst part is he was "Smilie" when I posted it! Sadly the poor guy took a peek at page one and saw the guest list. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

[QUOTE=Lapin;77864252]Deirdre O'Kane's voice is enough for me to switch off the tv.

Usually by throwing the remote control at the screen.

Tonight's line up looks like a rejection list from The old Afternoon Show.[/QUOTE]

Deirdre O'Kane.?? one of the last remnants of the "Celtic Tiger"
    Amazes me how these people can still command airtime.
    another "soft landing" predictor.!!
    As she stated on 15/10/2008 "there has never been a better time to buy than now,either at home OR ABROAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It'd be so nice if everyone in Ireland decided not to watch this horse**** one week and they had to do something about it, like CANCEL it! Ah well. No Norton tonight to batter it, no Tallafornia even! Maybe that's why they've completely stopped trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Good to see the cricketers get some recognition on RTE's flagship chatshow. Martin McGuinness will be tuning in tonight no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Remember the days were you would have film stars on and heated debate on the topics of the day?
    You would think decades later with Ireland having even more prominance on the world stage that the national broadcaster's flagship talk show could muster a person of interest outside of a few "Oh that's the fellah, you know, your man" types with a minor blip in their career or life to beat us over the head with time and time again.
    Tonight is a Zed list, past their sell-by date line up. All filler and no content. It's a drain on the licence fee. We should call for more value for money or the show to be axed. Can they/we afford two talk/entertainment shows when they haven't the talent to host or fill either?

There are almost no genuine "professional raconteurs" in showbiz these days, no one dares be indiscreet about fellow actors and the days of actors diaries seem to be a thing of the past.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Independence Day is on E4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid wrote: »
    This is the worst Guest List of any Television Show since John Logie Baird make a dash to the Patent Office :mad:

I hope someone has informed The Samaritans, they might be busy tonight.

Here you go folks:

00040759-314.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is there any chance the cricketers will be on first? Don't think I have the stomach to watch any of the rest of the line-up - even with this thread for company!

Advertisement