Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did You ever vote Fianna Fail?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

It a bit early even by North Tipp standards to have a FF back next time round, but we have a while to go I suppose. What I hear locally is that a hell of a lot of people who voted Labour last time round regret it.
    Judging by all opinion polls that applies nationally, Labour can look forward at the next election to what the Greens got bat the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭margio

fcussen wrote: »
    Nobody said you weren't entitled to your opinion.

What you seem to be saying is that we're not entitled to the opinion that you are a fool because of who you vote for

Well yeah, your not. it is not socially acceptable to call someone a fool. I think people were foolish, when they believed al of FG and Lab promises in the last election, or for people that think that FF were the only party whose politicians were on the take, but I wont call them fools. Get over it, if I want to vote for FF down the line, because I think their candidate is worthy enough, then I will vote for them, and I will not tolerate been called a fool by anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

fcussen and margio, there was an earlier mod warning to quit squabbling, and clearly that warning was ignored.

Don't post in this thread again - either one of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

lividduck wrote: »
    Judging by all opinion polls that applies nationally, Labour can look forward at the next election to what the Greens got bat the last one!

If there's not a split long before that.

I've always been hard left, obviously never gave so much as a preference to FF, nor to FG.

My abiding memory is a dinner in around 2005 with a few of my college cronies, a certain very prominent Ógra FF apparatchik, who subsequently went on to bigger things, giving it "now, you have us to thank for all of this" - felt like I was beating my head off a brick wall pointing out all the mistakes they were making, and the basic rottenness that had overtaken the party by that point.

Never been more sorry to have been proved correct on something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

never have, partly because Ivor Callely & Sean Haughey were our local FFers when i started to vote so Richard Bruton always got my vote with Finian McGrath - until he went over to visit Sinn Fein's butterfly collectors/bomb makers in jail in colombia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Freddie59 wrote: »
    There will be many posting here who have, but who won't have the balls to admit it. And then there will be the smuggies.......
    yes i did vote ff in the past, the last time i voted it was labour, but hoping ff regroup with a new team with new blood,

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

bamboozle wrote: »
    never have, partly because Ivor Callely & Sean Haughey were our local FFers when i started to vote so Richard Bruton always got my vote with Finian McGrath - until he went over to visit Sinn Fein's butterfly collectors/bomb makers in jail in colombia

What are your views on Richard Bruton's brother John? Did FG get your vote while he was in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

charlemont wrote: »
    I'v a good one for ye... Back in 2007 just before the GE our friend had just turned 18, He is from a rural background and would be considered to be fairly well educated, He got a place in UCC. So we're having a few smokes and discussing politics and I was criticizing FF. So I turned to my friend and asked him who he was going to vote for and how I hoped FG would form a government, Well he started laughing and said FG were a bunch of losers who never won anything and its FF all the way as everyone votes for them, Well I was in stitches, It was just a case of him jumping on the FF bandwagon.

Are you still happy with FG?
    By the way, it's not a funny story, or even a good one as you said yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

I've never voted for FF. I was first eligible to vote in a general election in 2007 and voted for Fine Gael and have voted for them since.

Fianna Fail voters are like George Bush voters - apparently they don't exist! I know there are some admitting to having voted for them here, but offline it seems to be nigh on impossible to find someone who voted for Fianna Fail ever, never mind in the 2007 elections. You can spot them readily enough though, they're usually the ones claiming "sure they're all the same" or that the current government is "as bad/worse than the last lot" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i would still go back and vote ff if the right candidate run in my area, as for ff being worse than fg, well there is one fellow who got his ministerial seat in fine gael, he said he was going to take half a salery, but he hired his wife which made up the shortfall, and he gave his council seat to his first cousin, so ff are not the only ones to keep it in the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

goat2 wrote: »
    i would still go back and vote ff if the right candidate run in my area

That attitude, right there, is what has us in this mess in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

That attitude, right there, is what has us in this mess in the first place.
    the only thing worse is people believing that voting for f.g or lab would be any better

Advertisement