Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Ireland Confirm UPC will have Full F1 2012 Coverage

Options
  • 24-02-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Setanta have confirmed that it will be screening FULL season coverage via UPC at no extra cost. :)

Clicky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Yesssssssss.... that is brilliant and all the practice sessions too :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

thats great news, was worried some races might have been put on SS1

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

between the f1 and nascar on free setanta for 3 months, i'm a happy bunny.

I got the post office offer and they sent me out a sky card for my box and i get motors tv as well for the nationwide nascar:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Infoanon

marco2068 wrote: »

Nascar is on Setanta Sports 1 - Premium pay service - unfortunately €180pa is to steep for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

marco2068 wrote: »

I got the post office offer and they sent me out a sky card for my box and i get motors tv as well for the nationwide nascar:D:D

I presume you got it free for three months on Satellite and not on UPC?

Anyway for those who want to know more about the an post offer for setanta on satellite see here:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Billpay/Setanta+Sports+Promotion.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

recyclebin wrote: »
    I presume you got it free for three months on Satellite and not on UPC?

Anyway for those who want to know more about the an post offer for setanta on satellite see here:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Billpay/Setanta+Sports+Promotion.htm

you presume right.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Saw the ad there! They're doing the practice too you said? Awesome! Are UPC going to be doing Setanta HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭smurf22

antodeco wrote: »
    Saw the ad there! They're doing the practice too you said? Awesome! Are UPC going to be doing Setanta HD?

Setanta HD has been on UPC since the end of 2010

smurf22 wrote: »

Setanta HD has been on UPC since the end of 2010

But is it not SD scaled up to HD, as oppose to an actual HD feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭smurf22

But is it not SD scaled up to HD, as oppose to an actual HD feed?

They somtimes show stuff that has been scaled from sd to hd but most of everything they show is full hd, with f1 last year i found that their sound was rubbish compared to bbc but their picture quality was better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭belle2e

F1 oh great,now where did i leave that paint brush.
    Wat next Carpet Bowls for the elderly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

belle2e wrote: »

What's wrong with bowls? 2002 U18 Inter-Zone Teams champion here. :pac:

I can get onto Setanta and see will they cover ESPN's extreme paint drying for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

I'm sure you you will eventually figure out how to change the channel to something you find interesting like Dancing on ice or a similarly exciting programme ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When Setanta HD broadcast a HD feed it isn't too bad. There was a soccer match on last week (FA cup or Carling sumpting sumpting) and the HD was passable.
    It's the SD feeds that look god awful on the HD channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

do they have ads during the races that will really annoy me if they do, i've never watched a race on the setanta channel before i enjoyed the bbc coverage it's a shame they're not doing it this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

do they have ads during the races that will really annoy me if they do

Prepare to be annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

thats just stupid and this is why i wanted the sky sports f1 channel cause martin brundle said he'd only commentate if there was a guarentee of no ads during the races, its just pointless you dont see a football match going on an ad break 20 minutes after it kicked off or with any other sport, it just ruins the enjoyment of the sport, think i'll watch it online instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

thats just stupid and this is why i wanted the sky sports f1 channel cause martin brundle said he'd only commentate if there was a guarentee of no ads during the races, its just pointless you dont see a football match going on an ad break 20 minutes after it kicked off or with any other sport, it just ruins the enjoyment of the sport, think i'll watch it online instead.

Think at one stage ITV used to do ads during Soccer matches. Remember the was controversey when a goal was missed due to an ad a few years ago. Dont like it myself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Will Setanta have any pre- and post-race show?
    Last season I think they just had the BBC commentary feed, anyone care to speculate what they will do this season? Maybe it will be the Sky F1 commentary feed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

do they have ads during the races that will really annoy me if they do, i've never watched a race on the setanta channel before i enjoyed the bbc coverage it's a shame they're not doing it this year

I dont think they had ad breaks last season (not 100% sure). With the BBC gone from certain races however things might change this season.

The first few seasons Setanta covered F1 there were ad breaks every few minutes maddening. They used to time it with ITVs Ad breaks. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The first few seasons Setanta covered F1 there were ad breaks every few minutes maddening. They used to time it with ITVs Ad breaks. :mad:

If they go that route I just couldn't watch it, even though I recieve the channel. I'd look at other options in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Do RTL do ads? Is there a Spanish/French free to air equivalent with no ads?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

The Belgium channel "Canvas" has F1 without ad breaks. The commentary will put you to sleep though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

astrofluff wrote: »
    Do RTL do ads? Is there a Spanish/French free to air equivalent with no ads?

RTL do ads. You wont find a FTA French or Spanish channel showing Formula 1 without adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ivanc

No live BBC coverage until China! See that they've also stopped adding F1 stuff to their RSS feed (For the last two weeks anyway).

Damn recession!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

ivanc wrote: »
    No live BBC coverage until China! See that they've also stopped adding F1 stuff to their RSS feed (For the last two weeks anyway).

Damn recession!:mad:

Crap, I was looking forward to the BBC for Australia, looks like it will have to be setanta or the net.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

kksaints wrote: »
    Think at one stage ITV used to do ads during Soccer matches. Remember the was controversey when a goal was missed due to an ad a few years ago. Dont like it myself either.

They never deliberately showed adverts during matches. What happened in that particular case was that an advert was played out by mistake in the middle of a game on ITV HD only, just as England were about to score.

Formula 1, however, was a different story...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

icdg wrote: »
    They never deliberately showed adverts during matches. What happened in that particular case was that an advert was played out by mistake in the middle of a game on ITV HD only, just as England were about to score.

Formula 1, however, was a different story...

Yeah found the match here. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/05/itv-fa-cup-coverage. Seemed they used the wrong broadcasting system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

rua1972 wrote: »
    The Belgium channel "Canvas" has F1 without ad breaks. The commentary will put you to sleep though.

Whats the story with Canvas? Can it be got with Astra19 satellite free to air? If it could be got and has no add breaks it would be better than RTL

Advertisement