Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declaration of SU Allegiances 2012 - DISCUSSING ELECTION WITHOUT POSTING HERE = BAN

Options
  • 10-02-2012 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Ok, so it's that magical time of year where 1 post regs and barely used accounts come out of the woodwork and start point about how great a particular candidate is. So as per usual, our policy is thusly.

If you wish to engage in discussion about the SU election, you must first post here and state which, if any, candidates or campaigns you are affiliated/related/best mates with. You are not required to state who you like and want to vote fot in this thread, and we'd rather you didn't.

If someone is engaging in discussion without posting here, then I will ban them 1 hour after that post, to expire the day after the elections - that can be lifted if they PM me affiliations and agree to post them here once ban is lifted.

If you post here indicating that you are unaffliated and I later discover through whatever means that you are, you'll be banned, to expire the day after next years election. Because I'm vindictive that way.

If anyone is unhappy with this policy, and feels that it impacts upon their free speech, or damages the democratic process, then please feel free to make your protest known through boycotting this forum, so I don't have to listen to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

No allegiances, to anyone declared thus far at least.

I feel the need to add, I'd prefer to spend a year with the dead arm from 127 hours, than vote Karl Gill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I'm supporting James Atkinson for C&C, Eoin Heffernan for Ents, and Enda Conway for Welfare. Don't know of any candidates for the other races.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Shane Comer and Chris Wong running for Education.

Both 3rd Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Not involved in any campaigns whatsoever. It's nice to be able to say that \o/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

no loyalty to nobody :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Bres for pres!
    Heffo seems like he could do a good job but im not involved with his team, yet..
    Mícheál Gallagher for Welfare and Paddy Guiney for C&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

none

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Don't even know who is running yet so I've no allegiances to declare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I just posted on the election, before I saw this, because I was linked to another thread I was involved in. I have no allegiance to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

No allegiances at all!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bailarinabela

I have no alliances with any of the candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Once again I am firmly in the A.N Other camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I am as ambivalent and cynical as ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Good mates with Breslin, Heffo and I know Geoghan and Comer pretty well.

So far I am not on any campaign teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

No alliegiences this year(first time in 5 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 reno123

Actively backing Heffo, Have good insight on the rest but not backing anyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I know Guiney and Atkinson, not on any campaign teams yet though (and I doubt I will be at this stage). Know Heffo too, who doesn't from nights out? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 frankiesayrelax

Know some of the candidates this year but not involved - too busy with my masters. However, it's still fun to take notice and comment.

Would know Heffo really well. Know Breslin and Geoghegan because of this year. Know Gallagher but not a fan, got to know Enda this year. Don't know any of the C&C candidates but have heard of all of them. The two other Education candidates are unknowns to me (probably out of the game too long!).

Right, now that I've done that I'll start posting

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

No allegiances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

No allegiances :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭facemelter

NO allegiances :)

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

no allegiance, and well done raphael for adding the unnecessary red tape and bureaucracy. Wonder how the politics forum ever manages to function?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

no allegiance, and well done raphael for adding the unnecessary red tape and bureaucracy. Wonder how the politics forum ever manages to function?

First college election while on boards I take it? Look back a few years in the forum archive - this is very necessary if we don't want endless shilling of candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

No allegiances to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I disagree with the logic behind modern democratic representation, so I won't be voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

No allegiances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

No allegiances

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

supporting Guiney and Heffo

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

No allegiances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I dislike them all equally. No allegiances.

Advertisement