Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€14.5m spent on garda resources at Corrib site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I've a can of worms, anyone got an opener ?

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I have a belly button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Yonge Street

These career protesters are a cancer on the Irish nation. Protesting for the sake of it. Yet they are all on the dole and happy to leech off the state that they're protesting against. Whether it's Occupy Dame St, storming the gates at the Dail or the Corrib gas field, these morons are sure to be there with their megaphones and beards. Send in the army as security at the Corrib site instead and let them practice with live rounds.

Saddest part is that they've tainted protesting for the rest of the country, so any hard-working citizen who has a genuine reason to march or picket will be discouraged from doing so for fear of being associated with these degenerates. These wasters are a drain on our taxes at a time we need the money more than ever. So if your child is in an over-crowded class room or you're waiting several hours to get seen at the hospital, you can blame the beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

These career protesters are a cancer on the Irish nation. Protesting for the sake of it. Yet they are all on the dole and happy to leech off the state that they're protesting against. Whether it's Occupy Dame St, storming the gates at the Dail or the Corrib gas field, these morons are sure to be there with their megaphones and beards. Send in the army as security at the Corrib site instead and let them practice with live rounds.

Saddest part is that they've tainted protesting for the rest of the country, so any hard-working citizen who has a genuine reason to march or picket will be discouraged from doing so for fear of being associated with these degenerates. These wasters are a drain on our taxes at a time we need the money more than ever. So if your child is in an over-crowded class room or you're waiting several hours to get seen at the hospital, you can blame the beards.

Did a man with a beard frighten you in your formative years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

It's moustaches that are to blame for everything wrong in this world.

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Did a man with a beard frighten you in your formative years?

They all have beards (including the women) because they are too lazy to shave. Laziness is one of their defining traits. It's scruffy, dirty and unhygienic. No wonder they can't get a job. Can you imagine a man with a beard being elected president of the USA in these modern times? Or prime minister of the UK? Wouldn't happen. Scrub up and join civilized society, hippy.

Sindri wrote: »
    It's moustaches that are to blame for everything wrong in this world.

Even worse if it's snot-covered nose-hair posing as a moustache.

Look at this failed abortion. He looks like he belongs in a neo-nazi gang. Why can't he wear a suit like most others in the Dail. Foreigners are shocked and disgusted to hear he is a member of our national parliament. How is anyone going to take his crazy rants serious? This moron will never amount to anything.

http://www.cannabisni.com/images/stories/luke%20ming%20flanagan.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

They all have beards (including the women) because they are too lazy to shave. Laziness is one of their defining traits. It's scruffy, dirty and unhygienic. No wonder they can't get a job. Can you imagine a man with a beard being elected president of the USA in these modern times? Or prime minister of the UK? Wouldn't happen. Scrub up and join civilized society, hippy.

My uncle has a beard and he's a vet. So does my penis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Is that 14.5m before or after tax is deducted from the garda wages?

• Advertisement

shedweller wrote: »
    Is that 14.5m before or after tax is deducted from the garda wages?

That figure doesn't include garda wages, my friend. It's the cost of EXTRA garda resources. From the article:
    These figures do not include the basic garda salaries which the State would have paid during this period.

Makes you sick, doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

These career protesters are a cancer on the Irish nation.

Yes that right, it wasn't the bankers or our corrupt politicans that caused our debt, it was protestors.
    The problem isn't that we're giving away a 45bn euro resource for free, its the people who are actually getting up off their arses to protest against it that are the problem. How dare they.

I know AH is exactly the sort of place for brainless ideas but I'm actually embarrassed on your behalf because its clear your too stupid to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Beards.
    Confucius,
    Sigmund Freud,
    Ulysses S. Grant,
    Ernest Hemingway,
    Jesus (lol),
    Abraham Lincoln,
    Che Guevara,
    Sophocles,
    William Shakespeare,
    George Bernard Shaw,
    David Bellamy.
    Richard Branson

Without beards.
    Enda Kenny
    Ryan Tubridy
    George Bush
    Most bankers
    You?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Strange. I've met some rather successful people with beards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Protesting has never achieved anything in the whole history of the whole world.

Shoot them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Laziness is one of their defining traits. It's scruffy, dirty and unhygienic. No wonder they can't get a job.

Surely, if they were lazy - they'd be protesting from the comfort of their living room, on their computer - calling people scruffy bastards on boards.ie - rather than out in the pissing rain, protesting for what they believe is right?

I don't care what the cost is to the state. Freedom of speech and freedom of expression, freedom of association and freedom to protest - these are priceless. You don't just pick and choose who has the right to protest.

Moreover - I know many people who went to those protests, and all of them are hard-working. Attacking their character is a piss-poor form of debate, and doesn't really address the issue. Challenge them on why they are protesting - but attacking how people look, or making assumptions about their employment is something I'd expect from two 12 year olds slinging insults at each other across a classroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Peetrik wrote: »
    These career protesters are a cancer on the Irish nation.

Yes that right, it wasn't the bankers or our corrupt politicans that caused our debt, it was protestors.
    The problem isn't that we're giving away a 45bn euro resource for free, its the people who are actually getting up off their arses to protest against it that are the problem. How dare they.

I know AH is exactly the sort of place for brainless ideas but I'm actually embarrassed on your behalf because its clear your too stupid to be.
    +1
    This seems to happen a lot. And apparently there are no hydrocarbons off our shores!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Look at this failed abortion. He looks like he belongs in a neo-nazi gang. Why can't he wear a suit like most others in the Dail. Foreigners are shocked and disgusted to hear he is a member of our national parliament. How is anyone going to take his crazy rants serious? This moron will never amount to anything.

http://www.cannabisni.com/images/stories/luke%20ming%20flanagan.jpg

lol.. I bet he's achieved a hell of a lot more than you

@ mikon: I said nobody with a beard will ever amount to anything in MODERN times. List fail.

@ mikon: I said nobody with a beard will ever amount to anything in MODERN times. List fail.

Mikom!
    Reply fail.
    David Bellamy.
    Richard Branson.
    Last two are modern.
    Your move Gillette
    Look at this failed abortion. He looks like he belongs in a neo-nazi gang. Why can't he wear a suit like most others in the Dail. Foreigners are shocked and disgusted to hear he is a member of our national parliament.

The Dutch especially.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I can just imagine the rant you'd write if those protesters were immigrants, or Muslim, or gay or --- I'm sure you'd set a new industry standard for the kind of tut-tuttery that is the Daily Hatemail's stock in trade, and also a staple of the Indo.:)

Those figures certainly include the Gardais' salaries and other payroll costs, which the taxpayer would have to fork out for even if our cops weren't standing in as the multinational exploiter's Pinkertons. If they weren't doing that, they'd probably be out on the golf course - you'll find our local fellows out at the Heath in strength most any time - and their salaries and other costs would still be getting clocked up.:rolleyes: You'd really have to be very naive to think they'd be doing something like patrolling our estates on foot and trying to keep the scumbags and their anti-social behaviour in check.:mad:

The whole point of publishing tweaked figures like them is to try and undermine the rights of the protesters, who are exercising a democratic right to protest at both the shameful surrender of our national wealth to multinationals and the highly questionable tactics that our politicians and media, who have their own axes to grind and whose own interests are often interlinked with those of Shell et all, employ in an effort to silence dissent.:eek:

It's not too many protesters we have, but far too few.:rolleyes:

dlofnep wrote: »
    .... out in the pissing rain, protesting for what they believe is right

I don't care what the cost is to the state....

1. They aren't protesting "out in the rain". As proven at the Occupy Dame st camp, most protesters went home at the end of the day (a bit like a 9-5 day job of protesting) to their lush D4 mansions. They never stayed over night in the tents. Same at the Corrib gas site. The gang of unemployables get on the train with their free travel passes and have a nice day out throwing rocks at the gardai, before going home for their dinner of tofu and broccoli.

2. If you actually had a job you would care what your taxes were being spent on. Says more about your character more than anything really. Give these scruff-bags priority over sick kids in Temple St hospital....

Give these scruff-bags priority over sick kids in Temple St hospital....

They would be a bit big for the beds, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

This is almost perfectly, exactly wrong.
    Also, this entire diatribe is some of the worst rubbish I've encountered on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

1. They aren't protesting "out in the rain".

Yeah because Ireland is a subtropical paradise, that never gets cold or rains, right?
    As proven at the Occupy Dame st camp, most protesters went home at the end of the day (a bit like a 9-5 day job of protesting) to their lush D4 mansions.

Sorry, are we discussing Corrib or Occupy Dame Street? Pick a topic, and stick to it. One minute they are scruffy, unemployed, bearded wasters - the next minute, they have lush D4 mansions. A bit of consistency would be nice.
    Same at the Corrib gas site. The gang of unemployables get on the train with their free travel passes and have a nice day out throwing rocks at the gardai, before going home for their dinner of tofu and broccoli.

I'm pretty sure they are not protesting to just throw rocks at Gardaí - but are protesting in opposition of the Corrib site. Ah but sure - so long as you can attack their character, you don't have to attack their reasons for protesting. A convenient and time-saving exercise on your behalf.
    2. If you actually had a job you would care what your taxes were being spent on. Says more about your character more than anything really. Give these scruff-bags priority over sick kids in Temple St hospital....

I'm impressed at your ability to conclude that by my support of freedom to protest, I have somehow overlooked sick kids in hospital. A truly epic conclusion. Any other logical fallacies you'd like to cover? I'm going to use you as an example in future on how NOT to debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

1. They aren't protesting "out in the rain". As proven at the Occupy Dame st camp, most protesters went home at the end of the day (a bit like a 9-5 day job of protesting) to their lush D4 mansions. They never stayed over night in the tents. Same at the Corrib gas site. The gang of unemployables get on the train with their free travel passes and have a nice day out throwing rocks at the gardai, before going home for their dinner of tofu and broccoli.

The things you say sound like the things that an idiot might say.

You're protesting about protesters, who are apparently lazy because they go out and protest, but you do it by sitting at your keyboard. I can't even make an easily readable sentence to describe that. It's ludicrous.

They're probably better than bearded trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

2. If you actually had a job you would care what your taxes were being spent on. Says more about your character more than anything really. Give these scruff-bags priority over sick kids in Temple St hospital....[/QUOTE]

If our corrupt brainless fianna fail degenerates had made a better deal with shell for this natural resource I would not be paying as much tax.

• Advertisement

sparksfly wrote: »
    If our corrupt brainless fianna fail degenerates had made a better deal with shell for this natural resource I would not be paying as much tax.

The government creating jobs for Irish people..the nerve of them! But sure who would work when you can live a cushy life on the dole, right?

Advertisement