Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Women park cars better?!?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'm pretty damn good at parking thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bluewolf wrote: »
    i'm pretty damn good at parking thanks

There are the odd exception wolfie, but generally, the only door a women should be getting in and out off is the passenger door.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

I've found that its mostly men that have abandoned car syndrome

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The method of scoring is arbitrary. The article is complete BS.
    This thread will ignite into a crapfest soon and will be locked as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

have some faith bollocko, it might become a thread awash with insightful posting... i doubt it but ya never know :rolleyes:

IBTL

**NSFW**

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

*obligatory "Why would there be a car in the kitchen?" joke*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Better at parking, making sandwiches, what next!?! :eek:

Better at parking, making sandwiches, what next!?! :eek:

Ironing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All the study actually says is that women are more likely to take their time setting themselves up and then correcting their position, whereas men will park quicker and are less fastidious about being perfectly straight. My wife will adjust and move about to get it straight, open the door, "Ooh, I'm not straight", then change it again.

I'll park in, and if I'm straight to within five degrees it's close enough.

"Better" depends on your definition. When men talk about being able to park, they're talking about slotting it in on the first go, not about getting it perfectly straight or being good at finding parking spots.

Men in "more efficient", women in "more attentive" shocker.

I'm actually pretty god damn fantastic at parking.

I once had a bloke stand watching me park the car (tight parallel spot) and then give me a round of applause with a genuine look of awe on his face. Gobshyte. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm more adept at reverse and parallel parking than most men I know.

It's not rocket science :confused:

I'm actually pretty god damn fantastic at parking.

I once had a bloke stand watching me park the car (tight parallel spot) and then give me a round of applause with a genuine look of awe on his face. Gobshyte. :rolleyes:

I was that bloke, i'm still clapping ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

seamus wrote: »
    All the study actually says is that women are more likely to take their time setting themselves up and then correcting their position, whereas men will park quicker and are less fastidious about being perfectly straight. My wife will adjust and move about to get it straight, open the door, "Ooh, I'm not straight", then change it again.

I'll park in, and if I'm straight to within five degrees it's close enough.

"Better" depends on your definition. When men talk about being able to park, they're talking about slotting it in on the first go, not about getting it perfectly straight or being good at finding parking spots.

Men in "more efficient", women in "more attentive" shocker.

Parking not exactly straight, even being out a tiny bit can hinder other parkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Man: See's space-parks.

Woman: See's space,lines up car,drives in at an angle,backs out,tries again,repeat's procedure,gives up & abandons car,opens door and smacks it off the car beside her,walks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

A completely random bloke? Absolute hero.

How many women here have been driving around the car park and spotted a man in difficulty parking, looking around desperately for help until you jump out of your own car and park it for them?

I rest my case :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Parking not exactly straight, even being out a tiny bit can hinder other parkers.

Do you bring a ruler with you?

davet82 wrote: »
    I was that bloke, i'm still clapping ;)

Aw is it because the pretty little blonde driving the big fast car can park better than you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

This thread is going well...

I say well, I mean better than I thought... still time before it's locked though!

How many women here have been driving around the car park and spotted a man in difficulty parking, looking around desperately for help until you jump out of your own car and park it for them?

I rest my case :)

None, but I've never seen a woman do it either.

However, I've seen plenty of men take up two spaces because they're unable to park correctly.

Aw is it because the pretty little blonde driving the big fast car can park better than you?

damn you :p

None, but I've never seen a woman do it either.

However, I've seen plenty of men take up two spaces because they're unable to park correctly.

no thats buffer space to stop women smacking their car door off your car if they park next to you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

irish-stew wrote: »
    There are the odd exception wolfie, but generally, the only door a women should be getting in and out off is the passenger door.

:pac:

... Are you saying women should get private drivers? And if so, will the driver open the door for us as well?

I'm okay with that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Do you bring a ruler with you?

Give the human eye and brain some credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Nah, I'd imagine it's because you managed to escape from the kitc....ah never mind...

no thats buffer space to stop women smacking their car door off your car if they park next to you ;)

Smart thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

study suggests
    The findings contradict not only popular belief but also previous research. Figures from the Driving Standards Agency last year disclosed that tens of thousands more women fail their driving test on parking errors than men.

All due respect to female drivers, some are exceptions to this, but have you ever looked at the corners of a typical woman's car. Holed lenses, scraped trim, scratched bumpers. The study makes no reference to how many bumps the driver has before getting parked finally :D

• Advertisement

Haven't quite had to do that. I have however had to help a few MEN get their cars out of car parks during the snow. Revving like there's no tomorrow. One guy got really annoyed at me for trying to "help", he was driving an automatic. He actually shouted at me for suggesting he take the car out of D (he hadn't shouted at the three men who had tried to push his car out). Funnily enough two seconds after he conceeded to my suggestion, his car moved and off he drove.

Advertisement