Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Maps VOTE

Options
  • 24-01-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Pick your maps.

Need 6, 3 Conquest 3 Rush

All 32 man. 2 Votes per user :)

What maps, Pick one from Each :) 66 votes

Caspian C
    0%
    Firestorm C
    1%
    ktulu123 1 vote
    Seine C
    3%
    MR DAZJoeface 2 votes
    Bazaar C
    13%
    ShiminayBlueDraxJoefaceexcaliburhcAnCapaillMorBlazercherryghostSpannerMonkeyTheFairy 9 votes
    Kharg C
    9%
    JoefaceexcaliburhcBlazerktulu123TheFairyKefa 6 votes
    Damavand C
    4%
    SeantheMancherryghostJames74 3 votes
    Karkand C
    1%
    SpannerMonkey 1 vote
    Sharqui C
    10%
    CreatureexcaliburhcSeantheManktulu123SpannerMonkeydreamers75TheFairy 7 votes
    Oman C
    6%
    DapperGentAnCapaillMorBlazerTheFairy 4 votes
    Wake C
    0%
    Tehran C
    1%
    cherryghost 1 vote
    Noshar C
    0%
    Caspian R
    0%
    Firestorm R
    3%
    SeantheManTheFairy 2 votes
    Seine R
    0%
    Bazaar R
    4%
    ktulu123SpannerMonkeyTheFairy 3 votes
    Kharg R
    4%
    Shiminaydreamers75TheFairy 3 votes
    Damavan R
    7%
    JoefaceexcaliburhcBlazerktulu123cherryghost 5 votes
    Karkand R
    13%
    BlueDraxCreatureMR DAZJoefaceexcaliburhcBlazerSpannerMonkeyJames74Kefa 9 votes
    Sharqui R
    6%
    BlazercherryghostSpannerMonkeyTheFairy 4 votes
    Oman R
    6%
    Joefaceexcaliburhcktulu123TheFairy 4 votes
    Wake R
    0%
    Tehran R
    1%
    SeantheMan 1 vote
    Noshar R
    1%
    DapperGent 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sharqui R
    I guess we're going with the below maps then??

Conquest: Seine/Bazaar/Karkand

Rush: Kharg/Damavand/Sharqi

Although Sharqi sucks as a Rush map...very hard to defend..Karkand?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kharg R
    Blazer wrote: »

Yeah Karkand all the way.

have the fixtures done out will post em later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Sharqui R

agree with the conquest maps , those 3 are brilliant , but for rush Damavand is the only one of the 3 i would choose

Sharqui R
    Should we drop a few maps, maybe make it 1 each of the conquest and 2 of one rush Map?
    Trying to get 6 maps played twice on a Sunday night is probably too optimistic??.

How about 1 each of Bazaar/Karkand/Seine and 2 rounds of rush on Damavand?

Kharg R
    Should we drop a few maps, maybe make it 1 each of the conquest and 2 of one rush Map?
    Trying to get 6 maps played twice on a Sunday night is probably too optimistic??.

How about 1 each of Bazaar/Karkand/Seine and 2 rounds of rush on Damavand?

Its 2 rounds of conq,2 rounds of rush for each fixture.

• Advertisement

Sharqui R
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its 2 rounds of conq,2 rounds of rush for each fixture.

ah that makes sense....so what maps are we playing then?
    As it was called out 3 conquest maps and 3 rush maps,,

Sharqui R
    you know I read that about 3 times and still missed it :)
    God I hate Karkand...and 3 times...what bloody moron picked out that map 3 times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Oman C
    Question if seine got 9 votes and karky got 7 why did we play karky?

Sharqui R
    To be honest it was a bit of a joke.
    I thought we had agreed rules on no RPG'ing on infantry etc but this wasn't the case on TIG last night.
    I hate to be bitching as it comes across as sour grapes ;) but health regen and vehicle regen was also enabled which was supposed to be off.
    Having these on really changes the way the game is played and we need to decide are we going for free for all and what settings we're going to use on the server.
    TIG did kick our asses though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Oman R
    I taught it was 3 maps selected for each game type for the run across the league.

so night one everyone plays karkand conquest and Peak Rush

Next night will be Crossing conquest and what ever rush.

each team plays each other on each map set. ???? no

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

To be honest it was a bit of a joke.
    I thought we had agreed rules on no RPG'ing on infantry etc but this wasn't the case on TIG last night.
    I hate to be bitching as it comes across as sour grapes ;) but health regen and vehicle regen was also enabled which was supposed to be off.
    Having these on really changes the way the game is played and we need to decide are we going for free for all and what settings we're going to use on the server.
    TIG did kick our asses though :(
    The agreed part from the other thread says no "Rocket -> Infantry (constantly)".

I think there was only 3 or 4 RPG Inf kills during the match. You can't ban them totally. As Lucutus said in the other thread if I happen to have the RPG out and someone pops around a corner I'm not going to take the time to switch weapon while they're shooting me. Also, if I see you hiding in a house I'm going to use the RPG to take out the wall.

Kharg R
    One rush and one Conq map each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Oman R
    Guys setting a BF3 server up using the admin tools available at the moment is pure torture. Adding a password disables Punkbuster ffs! Server mixes squads and teams up on restart at times, meaning any squads formed to do a job in the match are messed up.

We cearly said that the only thing we where ruling out was misuse of the mav, everything else was fair game! To come on now and start about it does smack of sour grapes if I'm perfectly honest.

We played crap tbh, we had you closed down on the first Mcom with a handful of tickets left and messed it up, prolonging the match.

Still well played, humor was generally good, looking forward to the other matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheFairy wrote: »
    We cearly said that the only thing we where ruling out was misuse of the mav, everything else was fair game! To come on now and start about it does smack of sour grapes if I'm perfectly honest.
    I get what you're saying and I completely agree that anything should be allowed. However, one of the TiG members came on Craggy a few nights ago and called me "noob" after I killed him using a M320 grenade launcher. WTF? If it's in the game, use it! If it's used in real-life combat, use it! Don't give me this sh!t about noobtubing, when the aim of the game is to kill people and capture flags. I'll kill people and capture flags how I want to do it.

</rant>

Oman R
    Totally agree with you. Smack talk is fun though! Even better is to kill somone and then watch his body for the upcoming revive, then toob the both of them ;)

Sharqui R
    TheFairy wrote: »
    Guys setting a BF3 server up using the admin tools available at the moment is pure torture. Adding a password disables Punkbuster ffs! Server mixes squads and teams up on restart at times, meaning any squads formed to do a job in the match are messed up.

We played crap tbh, we had you closed down on the first Mcom with a handful of tickets left and messed it up, prolonging the match.

Still well played, humor was generally good, looking forward to the other matches.

One clan doesn't make the rules guys...all 3 teams have to agree.

Oman R
    Ok then show me where the rules where agreed! Link pse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Oman R
    i think here ....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76765725&postcount=1

i believe some time was put in to organizing it :)

every league gets of to a shaky start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

iirc, I took an RPG to the face during Karkand while we were playing as US.

Them and M320's... grrr.

What can be done though? They're in the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Decryptor wrote: »
    I get what you're saying and I completely agree that anything should be allowed. However, one of the TiG members came on Craggy a few nights ago and called me "noob" after I killed him using a M320 grenade launcher. WTF? If it's in the game, use it! If it's used in real-life combat, use it! Don't give me this sh!t about noobtubing, when the aim of the game is to kill people and capture flags. I'll kill people and capture flags how I want to do it.

</rant>

Aye, I make a concerted effort to avoid using the M320 and as a force of habit will type something after I get killed by someone using one... normally along the lines... "n00bt00b... really?"

M320 is Easy Mode BF3, every single player can use and master it after 30 seconds. I dont play it as it just zaps the fun from my game, it gets boring. I also don't play on those 1000 ticket Metro servers anymore :)

Having said all that, I spent about 2 weeks solid playing Rush and using the USAS-12 with frag shells and extended mag. Now that was fun!

Kharg R
    Joeface wrote: »
    i think here ....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76765725&postcount=1

i believe some time was put in to organizing it :)

every league gets of to a shaky start.

Begs the question .........whats the point of rules or "guidelines" if some want to play it as they see fit.

They were just guidelines....just something to keep the Boards BF community playing and having fun.

TIG well....... its TIG.....i suggest the return game be played on your server with the server settings posted in the gameweek thread.

Plot your revenge etc:

Sharqui R
    Ah well it's all just a bit of fun at the end of the day...
    So who are we playing next week? Presume it's at 8ish again..

Advertisement