Tattoo artist recommendations - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-01-2012, 23:02   #1
SarahLynch93

Tattoo artist recommendations

hey, im getting my first tattoo this week,

i want a black butterfly, wheres the best quality/value place in dublin?

.. i was thinking dublin ink ?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-02-2012, 15:20   #2
a x e 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahLynch93 View Post
.. i was thinking dublin ink ?
Please god .. dont go to dublin ink .. they are the biggest rip offs in dublin .. my mate got a tattoo in there and its botched lol .. i get all mine done in V tattoo .. there pretty class cheep aswell

http://www.facebook.com/djgregoleksevic#!/V.tattooed

thats there facebook page check them out
Thanks from:
04-02-2012, 18:28   #3
Hellrazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a x e 15 View Post
Please god .. dont go to dublin ink .. they are the biggest rip offs in dublin .. my mate got a tattoo in there and its botched lol .. i get all mine done in V tattoo .. there pretty class cheep aswell

http://www.facebook.com/djgregoleksevic#!/V.tattooed

thats there facebook page check them out

Are you connected with them in some way Axe15 because thats against the rules.

As for whether theyre the best--Im still waiting on one of them to ring me with a price after having a chat with them a few weeks back and showing him what I want done---thats not the sign of a good shop to be honest.

And I cant be arsed ringing them to see if they came up with a price since it was around the 5th January that I was in with them.They either want the business or they dont.
07-02-2012, 17:09   #4
naasrd

Send a message via Skype™ to naasrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazer View Post

As for whether theyre the best--Im still waiting on one of them to ring me with a price after having a chat with them a few weeks back and showing him what I want done---thats not the sign of a good shop to be honest.

And I cant be arsed ringing them to see if they came up with a price since it was around the 5th January that I was in with them.They either want the business or they dont.
I booked a tattoo with them in December and my appointment was this week. I'd had a consultation, left a copy of the image I wanted and paid a deposit. When I went in they hadn't a clue what I wanted, had lost the image and suggested bog standard google images. Needles to say I took to my heels and fled.
(2) thanks from:
09-02-2012, 22:49   #5
a x e 15

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naasrd View Post
I booked a tattoo with them in December and my appointment was this week. I'd had a consultation, left a copy of the image I wanted and paid a deposit. When I went in they hadn't a clue what I wanted, had lost the image and suggested bog standard google images. Needles to say I took to my heels and fled.
Well Considering your both connected to dublin ink .. i really couldnt give a crap .. its an old mate of mines shop .. and im not being biast saying go to them ive friends in connected ink and wild cat and have been inked in all 3 and many many more across europe.. the only reason id suggest going to v is their price as there just outside city center and dont need to charge 110 an hour .. anyway i can personally vouch that you diddnt place a deposit and not get tattooed as the lads dont work on deposits .. and your work wouldnt have been lost either as there very good at leaving everything on or under their light box .. and ive seen this .. its not moved from their till they do a tattoo .. and they dont do google images (to give you ideas they get you to look at some yeah or mabe some stuff in books) but everything they do is costom and drawn out on the spot most of the time .. now if you want to get into an arguement pm me and see what happens
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-02-2012, 08:37   #6
Hellrazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a x e 15 View Post
Well Considering your both connected to dublin ink .. i really couldnt give a crap ..
I am absolutely in now way connected with Dublin Ink so I expext an apology for that.

Quote:
its an old mate of mines shop .. and im not being biast saying go to them
Yes you are being biased.Its a friends shop so recommending them is being biased and for what its worth is against the forums rules.

Quote:
ive friends in connected ink and wild cat and have been inked in all 3 and many many more across europe.. the only reason id suggest going to v is their price as there just outside city center and dont need to charge 110 an hour
No they charge 55 an hour which is great IF they actually contacted their customers who spent time with them describing what they want tattooed on them.

Quote:
.. anyway i can personally vouch that you diddnt place a deposit and not get tattooed as the lads dont work on deposits .. and your work wouldnt have been lost either as there very good at leaving everything on or under their light box .. and ive seen this .. its not moved from their till they do a tattoo .. and they dont do google images (to give you ideas they get you to look at some yeah or mabe some stuff in books) but everything they do is costom and drawn out on the spot most of the time

Well I can tell you now that I dropped in,went thriough what I wanted and still havent heard from them and thats the honest to god truth.

Quote:
.. now if you want to get into an arguement pm me and see what happens

And whats that supposed to mean??

Last edited by Hellrazer; 10-02-2012 at 08:40.
10-02-2012, 09:38   #7
Elbow

Quote:
And whats that supposed to mean??
I'm willing to bet a lotta dollars that caps lock will be involved!

(I'll go back to minding my own business now )
10-02-2012, 12:37   #8
a x e 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
I'm willing to bet a lotta dollars that caps lock will be involved!

(I'll go back to minding my own business now )
no Elbow im not a caps lock kinda person .. and im not a person who says they'll do something on a fourm / website and not follow through with it.

as for 55 an hour ? where are you getting your prices from Hellraizer its 50 an hour and im sure there is a reasonibal explenation if they havnt gotten back to you mabe drop by the lads in the shop and ask .. and i appoligise if your not in anyway connected to dublin ink HR .. ive had alot of run in's with them and at this rate im at my last wits .. and i know plenty of ppl that feel the same way as i do ..

if you want to know my exact problem with them HR pm me and i shall explain .. im not going to post their bad habbits here i'll even give you my number in a pm so you can speek to me fully about it or even orgnise to meet face to face
10-02-2012, 12:41   #9
Stripey Cat

A black butterfly? Really?
Advertisement
10-02-2012, 12:58   #10
chin_grin
Closed Account

Quote:

They did the same with my brother in law. He called them about getting a piece done and a consult and still hasn't heard a word back from them. It's been two months.

Shower of eejits in there.
11-02-2012, 19:39   #11
Just Like Heaven
Closed Account

50 an hour is ****in class. Why are Dublin ink so expensive? I haven't seen any savage work to justify that price.
Thanks from:
11-02-2012, 20:13   #12
Hellrazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtinsoffroth View Post
50 an hour is ****in class. Why are Dublin ink so expensive? I haven't seen any savage work to justify that price.
Its only a great price if you can actually get tattooed by them
12-02-2012, 01:07   #13
bfocusd
Closed Account

Op, I've had work done by Attila in wildcat on jervis st, he's very good at what he does and doesn't hurt a bit, which I think also shows skills. he's easy going too and I like his input and style, maybe drop in and speak to him or any artist, you should shop around yourself and ask to see some work, everyone likes different artists, it's down to you at the end of the day.
12-02-2012, 06:14   #14
Sour Lemonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfocusd View Post
Op, I've had work done by Attila in wildcat on jervis st, he's very good at what he does and doesn't hurt a bit, which I think also shows skills. he's easy going too and I like his input and style, maybe drop in and speak to him or any artist, you should shop around yourself and ask to see some work, everyone likes different artists, it's down to you at the end of the day.
What sorta prices is this fella charge roughly ?
12-02-2012, 13:39   #15
bfocusd
Closed Account

When I go to him, he gives me a price per piece, I don't think I've ever got an hourly rate, first tattoo I got was 280 and it was 3.5 hour sitting, no breaks or anything.
Then the next piece, will be 350, and I'm booked in for 4.5 hours, it could take two sittings, but thats the complete price, regardless of hours, obviously it can't go on forever, but maybe another hour or two will be needed for whatever.

The piece I'm getting will be fairly big too from approx my hips to shoulder, it's not a solid detail, but will be intricate. He's going to free hand it onto me, and ive a little cover-up work in there too, the existing tattoo wasn't by him, but it's not going to fit the new piece around it, so it's going.

Even just pop in and speak to him about what you want, if you like his art and skills and price obviously, as I said before, I don't like every artists work, you need find someone you trust and like there work, no way would I let any other artist free hand on to me though.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion