The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-02-2011, 07:11   #1
adrenalinjunkie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Have you got that Friday feeling? How is your day going? Who has any special plans with their pet dogs/cats/hamsters/earthworms etc. ?

I'm off to walk my dog soon before breakfast, then try and locate and figure out what to do about a heavily pregnant very young cat I saw wandering about yesterday. Tomorrow is agility day so busy morning then chillout for the rest of the day with no kids here, yay! unless the cat problem hasn't been sorted out of course

Suggestions for what to do on Sunday on a postcard please! (or just post them on the thread)

Last edited by adrenalinjunkie; 25-02-2011 at 07:17.
Advertisement
25-02-2011, 11:28   #2
Whispered

No friday feeling here. I'm working tomorow and sunday night, I'm trying to shove the whole weekend into a few hours each day.

The only plan I really have for today is a take away and a glass of wine. Tomorrow I'd like to bring the two dogs up the mountains (phoes first "adventure") but I'm not sure I'll have the time this weekend.

So much washing and cleaning to catch up on. Desperately want to catch up on some sleep too. And look here I am wasting time!
25-02-2011, 15:43   #3
poconnor16

Major friday feeling for me

Once I get the voting out of the way, it's home for the friday ritual. Myself and my other half on the couch watching the Late Late show, flanked on either side by a 6mth old and 4 mth old kitten. Bottle of wine and pizza....one cat eats some of the meat from the pizza while the other likes to take the stuffed crust and run away with it.
No wine for the kitties but they are treated to a box of whiskas temptations.

We all cuddle up together on our couch - its my happy place.
(3) thanks from:
25-02-2011, 16:11   #4
toadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconnor16 View Post
We all cuddle up together on our couch - its my happy place.
Thats so cute

What a crap year, its just one thing after another and I am getting so sick of it all

My foster dog is pregnant and the dope of an owner that surrendered her doesnt know who she was mated with. Hope she'll be ok, she is such a baby. I havent a clue about baby dogs and them being born!
Thanks from:
25-02-2011, 16:15   #5
Whispered

Tillygirl - I'm jealous! I know it's a worrying time but so exciting as well.
Advertisement
25-02-2011, 16:17   #6
toadfly

Oh ya I know, I cant wait for the pups to be born and her to be ok. Its just we both work fulltime so maybe a different foster home with more time would be more suitable? I dunno..Im gonna miss her so much when she is rehomed.

Hows Phoenix?
25-02-2011, 16:24   #7
Tranceypoo

Well, I'm picking up our foster dog tomorrow so that's my weekend taken care of, settling her in and hopefully she will get on with my dog and they will be good pals and if it all works out we may even end up keeping her, but I'll try and wait for a couple of months to decide that (am I fooling anyone?!)

Very excited, a bit scared (first foster), getting the crate out of the garage and the bedding all clean, fingers crossed.
25-02-2011, 16:31   #8
Whispered

Maybe you're right about a more suitable foster home. Pity isn't it, because I'm sure it's something amazing to be a part of. I'd love to have a pregnant bitch here. I know it'd be a lot of work, but something I'd really like to experience.

He's doing great. Getting well able to express himself! Crying to come in from the back garden and crying in his crate, but if left out in the kitchen and I leave the room, crying to come with me. It seems to be a phase that started in the last 2 or 3 days.

He's like a little bird though, once you cover the crate he goes asleep

Tranceypoo - you're not fooling anyone Best of luck! I'm sure you know this already, but the way you handle the 2 dogs intro's will have a huge impact on how they get along.
(2) thanks from:
25-02-2011, 18:44   #9
Hellrazer

Got my voting out of the way at 7.05 this morning.Chinese and a movie tonight.

Cars NCT is tomorrow at 4.00 so I`ll spend tomorrow getting that ready.

Thread stickied BTW.
Advertisement
25-02-2011, 19:06   #10
Discodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranceypoo View Post
Very excited, a bit scared (first foster), getting the crate out of the garage and the bedding all clean, fingers crossed.
If you are scared & excited the dog will pick up on it. Have a glass or two & chill then your dog won't feel so stressed. Act like it's no big deal. You've bought a mate home & it's up to them to get on.

I sympathise with you poor peeps who need a chillout zone - I am permanently chilled
Thanks from:
25-02-2011, 19:51   #11
Tranceypoo

Thanks guys, I think I will be ok, I'm picturing them running round the field together, my dog is very laid back and loves other dogs and apparently she is very similar personality so I'm sure it will be fine, I'm going to take them for a walk in the woods and then home for some quiet time, I'm not going to make a huge fuss of her, just let her settle in and find her feet/paws in her own time and let her get into our routine, I will post some pictures soon!!
Thanks from:
25-02-2011, 19:54   #12
belongtojazz

Well my plans for the start of the weekend got slightly sidetracked, I got in from work to find my daughter had taken the small dogs for a walk... well done I hear you say, well it would have been much better if she had washed the smallest one before I got home!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She thought I'd get a laugh out of the state of her... oh and she hates giving her a bath

Edit: Hopefully picture works first time i've tried it this way
25-02-2011, 21:31   #13
LucyBliss

Voting is done, dogs are walked and are now sitting comfortably on the couch with my mother watching TV in the other room, while I am putting together a slideshow for this Sunday's Irish Girl Guides Thinking Day celebration in Athlone. When the dogs realised that I was going to be sitting at the kitchen table for a while and that my lap was not sufficient for all three of them to lie on (though bless them, they did try), they decided to go to my mother.

I have been abandoned!!
25-02-2011, 23:21   #14
adrenalinjunkie

Ooohhh, I got stickied! and at a time when stickies are being removed because there's too many

I couldn't find that ruddy cat anywhere! At least the voting got done, let's hope for at least some sort of competent people, I think it's going to be a fairly mixed bunch, maybe that's a good thing, maybe not.
26-02-2011, 02:07   #15
minxie

Send a message via MSN to minxie
Voted this morning early, walked the hound, slaved for 8 hours!!

Home now and having a few glass of wine

Working sunday so tonights my "off" night .

Currently being given the 'You Dont Love Me' eyes from a spoilt
rotten 5 year old pom cross just because I wont get down on my knees
and Play with teddy with her

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion