Problem getting skinners from Amazon - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-10-2014, 20:56   #1
angeldaisy

Problem getting skinners from Amazon

Anyone had any problem getting Skinners through Amazon recently?
I got a delivery about 10 days ago, and tried to order another bag but it keeps telling me they don't ship it to Ireland.

Any other suppliers ship it to Ireland?
Advertisement
21-10-2014, 23:04   #2
mosi

I'm due to make an order soon...when I saw your post, I went on to see if I could order and I got the same message. I contacted Amazon via chat, and they told me that they no longer ship it to Ireland.
They gave me a link to a seller on Amazon that will ship here but it's a good bit more expensive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skinners-Fie...A2ET5I1QV8MA9T

vetuk.co.uk sell it, with about €20 delivery for 4 bags (I buy in bulk). Vetmedsdirect.co.uk also sell it, but I think their delivery works out more expensive. I'm going to have to look into who offers the best value and if others are selling it, or if it would be worth using Parcel Motel (not sure how that works for large items like dog food).

Edited to add, I didn't attempt a purchase with these, but I was able to get to the checkout areas without problems

Last edited by mosi; 21-10-2014 at 23:07. Reason: More info
21-10-2014, 23:12   #3
nala2012

That's mad i just got a bag today! You'd think they'd give some notice or something? I've subscribed to it so will wait to see what happens.
21-10-2014, 23:14   #4
andreac

Dogfooddirect.ie sell it now.
21-10-2014, 23:20   #5
mosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreac View Post
Dogfooddirect.ie sell it now.
I just saw that, it's a fair bit pricier on there though. I always get around 4 bags at a time, so the savings add up.
Am going to have to sit down and do the sums, exchange rates etc to figure out the best deal
Advertisement
21-10-2014, 23:25   #6
andreac

Is it? Wasn't sure of the price. Just saw it on the site earlier.
21-10-2014, 23:30   #7
mosi

Quote:
Is it? Wasn't sure of the price. Just saw it on the site earlier.
Yeah, four bags come to €176, while Vet UK is giving me a total of €146 (inclusive of delivery)
21-10-2014, 23:34   #8
andreac

Oh big difference alright then.
22-10-2014, 00:22   #9
mosi

Quote:
Oh big difference alright then.
Another bag of food!
I see that Petbliss currently have the Duck and Rice and that four bags work out to about €151, which is much closer to the UK prices
Advertisement
22-10-2014, 09:53   #10
VonVix

Would this site be any use to you? http://www.pet-bliss.ie/acatalog/Skinners_Dog_Food.html
22-10-2014, 10:29   #11
angeldaisy

thanks everyone, it works out almost 10 euro dearer to buy it from petbliss than amazon.

It seems to be mostly the field and trial range that has been stopped, wondering if it is possibly to do with the fact that this range is vat free in the UK?
22-10-2014, 10:34   #12
RosieJoe

Feck it! Looks like I'll need to move brand as Skinners was such good value for money for a good food.
(2) thanks from:
22-10-2014, 13:42   #13
muddypaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldaisy View Post
thanks everyone, it works out almost 10 euro dearer to buy it from petbliss than amazon.

It seems to be mostly the field and trial range that has been stopped, wondering if it is possibly to do with the fact that this range is vat free in the UK?
I'd say the VAT free thing probably does have something to do with it, but also maybe that Skinners is expanding more into the Irish market, so I guess would prefer people to buy from Irish bricks and mortar shops?
22-10-2014, 13:57   #14
toadfly

Well that's annoying, myself and my mam have four dogs on it and I just got a bag delivered two weeks ago.
22-10-2014, 15:56   #15
boomerang

Awh no, that's a shame! My guys eat the Skinners duck and rice too!

Well, as it happens I had been giving them a break from it for a bit. Markus Muehle is in the same price range on Zooplus. One dog doing grand on it but it didn't suit my greyhound at all.

Then I discovered Red Mills have a new range for working dogs, called Engage. Same quality as Skinners and coming in at the same price, ish. Beef variety is €30 and the chicken, duck and salmon varieties are a bit more. (Don't know how they get away with calling it 'chicken' incidentally, when on the ingredient list it says poultry meal!) I'm glad to be buying from a local "bricks and mortar" shop again, it's so convenient and I don't have to worry about running out. Maxi Zoo also regularly have coupons for Red Mills and Red Mills agents in the store with discounts. At the moment there is €7.50 off across the range.

Not the most amazingly high quality food but for any of us on a budget, it's far better quality than a lot of brands in that price range.

Gone are the days when I could afford to feed Orijen or even the brands in the €50-€60 bracket!

Last edited by boomerang; 22-10-2014 at 16:00.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion