The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389 - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

11-12-2011, 00:27   #16
Sky King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuroph View Post
Coming over tonight for TV and chats
Suuuuuuuuure.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2011, 01:40   #17
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
What really bugs me about online dating is the fickleness of some people; you could be talking for ages and getting on so well and then, for seemingly no reason, they disappear or just don't reply anymore.
(4) thanks from:
11-12-2011, 06:55   #18
uglyjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyarsebogman View Post
What really bugs me about online dating is the fickleness of some people; you could be talking for ages and getting on so well and then, for seemingly no reason, they disappear or just don't reply anymore.
I suppose the key is to try and work towards meeting up before someone else slides in. The girl your messaging is probably messaging a few other guys at the same time and any of them could pounce if you hang around for too long.
(2) thanks from:
11-12-2011, 11:05   #19
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by does he / doesn't he View Post
Had a date Thursday night with a guy I meet on a dating site. Got on great and the date ended with a kiss. He seemed quite keen but I haven't heard from him since and I logged on tonight to see if he was on line and he was!

Would you take that to mean (a) he isn't interested or (b) he is trying to keep his options open or other (please give opinion).
Hard to say. He could just have been checking his messages or something, or I guess he could be replying to other girls.

I know if I like a girl and I'm keen on her and the date went well, wild horses couldn't stop me from at least texting her or something the next day.
Thanks from:
11-12-2011, 11:09   #20
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyarsebogman View Post
I've had this too, sometimes you can be chatting away and then bang, silence. But there are plenty more out there so I wouldn't let it bother you. I find that you simply can't afford to put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to internet dating. At least until you've went out with the girl once or twice and you both like each other.

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion in these days of constant disposable relationships etc, but I'd prefer to date one woman at a time and I think I'd be a bit put out if I was meeting a girl and she already had another date lined up with someone else. But I guess it really depends. Sometimes I've agreed to meet up with girls and not been massively bothered about doing so and in those cases, I wouldn't care too much. But if it was someone I liked or thought I might really like, then I wouldn't be too happy about it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2011, 12:03   #21
booboo88
Banned

grrrr the guys who send messages, and all they say is ..hi..

Yea cause you sound like you'd make great conversation.
11-12-2011, 12:32   #22
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo88 View Post
grrrr the guys who send messages, and all they say is ..hi..

Yea cause you sound like you'd make great conversation.
You'd be surprised at the number of girls who've sent me messages saying the same thing. All that they say is "hi, how r u?" and that's it.
(2) thanks from:
11-12-2011, 13:59   #23
booboo88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
You'd be surprised at the number of girls who've sent me messages saying the same thing. All that they say is "hi, how r u?" and that's it.
But how are you isnt that bad. how are you is a question at least, the get the flow started
11-12-2011, 14:15   #24
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo88 View Post
But how are you isnt that bad. how are you is a question at least, the get the flow started
I think I might have just got the "Hi" message too, but to be honest, either saying "hi" or "hi, how r u?" show very little effort IMHO. Especially as if a guy was to send a message like that, he would get no reply. So I don't see why some girls think they can get away with the same thing.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2011, 14:24   #25
Young_gunner

what's the best site for internet dating these days?
11-12-2011, 14:55   #26
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_gunner View Post
what's the best site for internet dating these days?
I like this one www.idontbotherwithinternetdatinganymore.com
11-12-2011, 14:57   #27
Young_gunner

Quote:
very mature.
11-12-2011, 14:58   #28
zuroph
mo-duh-rator

date night two went awesome again, feel ridiculously comfortable already.
11-12-2011, 16:39   #29
El_Drago
Closed Account

Quote:
Ditto.This despite me saying on my profile to not contact me unless you've something more to say.Infact, >90% of the girls that have ever contacted me have sent that as their first message.Like G-Money said,if a guy was to send a message like that he'd be extremely lucky to get a reply.C'mon girls....a bit of effort!

Edit:Is it just me or does anyone else find any of the "fishing" related or something along the lines of "looking for a nice/intelligent guy" headlines on POF as an instant turn off?

Last edited by El_Drago; 11-12-2011 at 16:52.
11-12-2011, 17:14   #30
zuroph
mo-duh-rator

no greater turn off than a girls profile that has no info on it but 5 photos. Its literally saying "dont care about my opinion, just fancy me". It like they couldnt be arsed to write something about themselves, but glad to take all the compliments for their photos from desperate lads. Same goes for the totally blank profiles who then message you saying "hi, how r u". Conversation is already laboured at that stage.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed