Who thinks Sean Quinn is a great businessman now? - Page 31 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-06-2012, 18:59   #451
filmbuffboy

what has happened to that family just shows that money and success are not the be all and end all! extreme wealth has the potential to destroy your life and reputation!

cant say i feel sorry for Sean Quinn. It seems he has done everything he can to keep foreign assets from the reach of debtors!

he only has himself to blame! greed is a terrible thing
Advertisement
26-06-2012, 19:20   #452
smileyj1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffboy View Post
cant say i feel sorry for Sean Quinn. It seems he has done everything he can to keep foreign assets from the reach of debtors!

he only has himself to blame! greed is a terrible thing
Too true he would have still been a very wealthy man if he had of stopped trying to make more and more . He was very foolish and its good to see that the super wealthy have got burned by anglo irish . I just hope we see more of them loose alot for inflicting the state with that crap hole of a bank .
26-06-2012, 19:25   #453
Fighting Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Lancaster View Post
In my experience most wealthy people I know in Ireland made their money by being totally immoral gangsters but trying to keep a pretend veneer of respectability on the outside.
Let's face it, there are very few sustainable and legit ways of making lots of money in Ireland, and I would be very suspicious of anyone who appears to have.
26-06-2012, 19:26   #454
Salt001

Oh how the mighty have fallen. That sounds a bit mean but with the way things are in this country at the minute it is so hard to feel anything but annoyance at the Quinn family.
I mean I suppose its only natural that they are trying to keep assets out of the banks hands but when you read that his children can't manage to live on 2 grand a week it just raises my blood pressure slightly.
26-06-2012, 19:30   #455
Burt Lancaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Irish View Post
Advertisement
26-06-2012, 20:12   #456
Jay D

I don't know (sure it has though) if it's been mentioned but what the absolute fúck would be the point of imposing fines on these bankrupt cúnts? Jail please.

Wonder what would happen in America, he's still largely treated with a massive amount of undeserved consideration.
Thanks from:
27-06-2012, 00:05   #457
InReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D View Post
I don't know (sure it has though) if it's been mentioned but what the absolute fúck would be the point of imposing fines on these bankrupt cúnts? Jail please.

Wonder what would happen in America, he's still largely treated with a massive amount of undeserved consideration.
Jail and fines. !
He'll have money stashed away or his family will. the whole bankrupcy system in ireland is not fit for purpose. See sean fitzpatrick + wife for example.
27-06-2012, 08:11   #458
wellboytoo

Looks like he Was a good businessman, but a lousy gambler, or maybe it was all going down the tubes and he tried the big punt on Anglo to bale out the empire.
Either way it seems plain crazy with hindsight.
27-06-2012, 09:16   #459
allibastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygal View Post
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking26.html

Declared bankrupt in Northern Ireland today. I hope all of those who defended him as a great businessman who did so much for his home region cop on now and recognise how much damage his speculation did to the country.
were you ever as rich as him? Just a question. he may have gotten greedy, but have you had his bank balance ever appear on your atm card
Advertisement
27-06-2012, 15:15   #460
Mr.Crinklewood

Sean Quinn was unable to transfer the requested funds to IBRC as his account was affected by the Ulsterbank debacle.
11-07-2012, 02:04   #461
shangri la

The fact that he made one terrible investment should not take away from the fact that at one time he was one of Irelands greatest success stories and provided employment for thousands of Irish people.

Yes his legacy is tarnished.

Yes the taxpayer is getting hit for his gamble and we are angry.

Yes he is trying to hide assets to provide for his family down the line (most of us would do the same) that will have to be covered by the taxpayer for whatever he manages to hide away.

Yes he is a great businessman. That is the question that was asked!

Should he go to jail for the anglo investment - absolutely not.

Should he go to jail for defying a high court order and doing crap like selling e15m worth of property for a laptop - yes.

Will he spend a reasonable amount of time - will he fcuk, appeal appeal after appeal from solicitor mates working pro bono will make sure of that.
23-07-2012, 13:51   #462
lazygal

Well, any supporters willing to weigh in now?
23-07-2012, 14:20   #463
MagicSean
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by shangri la View Post
The fact that he made one terrible investment should not take away from the fact that at one time he was one of Irelands greatest success stories and provided employment for thousands of Irish people.

Yes his legacy is tarnished.

Yes the taxpayer is getting hit for his gamble and we are angry.

Yes he is trying to hide assets to provide for his family down the line (most of us would do the same) that will have to be covered by the taxpayer for whatever he manages to hide away.

Yes he is a great businessman. That is the question that was asked!

Should he go to jail for the anglo investment - absolutely not.

Should he go to jail for defying a high court order and doing crap like selling e15m worth of property for a laptop - yes.

Will he spend a reasonable amount of time - will he fcuk, appeal appeal after appeal from solicitor mates working pro bono will make sure of that.
Anyone could be a success story if they could borrow money without having to worry about paying it back.
(2) thanks from:
23-07-2012, 14:48   #464
tipptom

I think the three of them should have been jailed because they were either not guilty or all guilty of contempt but I do have some sympathy for his statement that he never borrowed money from the Irish Tax payer,it was the goverment who turned it in to our debt and he could not have forseen that.
11-11-2012, 12:48   #465
patleit

So people in Cava,Leitrim etc. spoiled their votes in the childrens referendum with remarks supporting Sean Quinn. Sean Quinn by his own addmission gave the go-ahead to strip assets so his debtors could not get their hands on them. He did that for his children so he said. He wants his children to live the life of millionaires despite the fact he gambolled away the money. He does not care how his actions affect the children of others. Sad that those people who spoiled their votes in his support appear to
think that its more important to help him hold on to the money for his children then to protect the rights of children generally in this country

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion