Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2011, 16:08   #61
BastardPrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantryRed View Post
Don't forget me too. I was 8-5 as well for the year Came third in my division.
i think divisions in fantasy is an unnecessary complication - especially since they dont hold year to year - we both got f*cked by being in good divisions...

ah well roll on next year.
Advertisement
06-12-2011, 16:19   #62
SantryRed

The one thing I don't get about the divisions is the fact you don't play them all in your division. I never played the 8-5 Douglas Lions.
Thanks from:
07-12-2011, 14:27   #63
Lionbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantryRed View Post
The one thing I don't get about the divisions is the fact you don't play them all in your division. I never played the 8-5 Douglas Lions.
Considering my form at the end of the season its good for me you didn't play me.
Finished very poorly, but still got rather screwed with the divisions as well. I scored second highest amount of points in the whole league & only end up in a wild card spot
Thanks from:
11-12-2011, 12:15   #64
Blured

Have my wildcard game today with the Douglas Lions -the game should be over after the second round of games tonight, only my kicker is playing in the late game and he has no one.

Projections have it very close, not very confident but on a 5 game winning streak so hope that keeps up.
11-12-2011, 20:21   #65
Big Daddy Cool
Closed Account

ha, why is it when your team get knocked out, they decide to play, my team the royal meath eagles are on fire tonight thanks to mark sanchez and ive 62 points already with 3 players to play, barely made that in final score for the last 6-7 weeks.
Advertisement
12-12-2011, 12:30   #66
Blured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blured View Post
Have my wildcard game today with the Douglas Lions -the game should be over after the second round of games tonight, only my kicker is playing in the late game and he has no one.

Projections have it very close, not very confident but on a 5 game winning streak so hope that keeps up.
Congrats to the Douglas Lions - beat me 126 to 108. The Lions D getting an impressive 27 points was probably the biggest factor - best of luck in the rest of the playoffs!
Thanks from:
12-12-2011, 13:18   #67
Lionbacker

Quote:
Congrats to the Douglas Lions - beat me 126 to 108. The Lions D getting an impressive 27 points was probably the biggest factor - best of luck in the rest of the playoffs!
Thanks. Yeah the Lions D seemed to be the deciding factor alright.
Best of luck to you next year. If you had started as strongly as you finished, you would have been top 2 seed.

Last edited by Lionbacker; 12-12-2011 at 13:23.
Thanks from:
20-12-2011, 11:39   #68
Blured

So we have our Super Bowl - The Douglas Lions vs The Donottar Dare Devils - Good luck you both of you

My team decided to scored 125 points this week to rub salt into my wounds, still looking to finish strong and secure 5th place against the Witty Tanks this week.

So, looking back on the season, what are the major lessons you learnt? Have to say, I would draft a lot differently next year. I was hampered by being the 16th pick (Drew Brees who I was delighted with) but I dont think taking a WR next (Roddy White) was the best plan. It meant that I didnt get a RB until the end of the 3rd round - so I ended up with Shonn Greene and Moreno as my two starting RBs.

What about the rest of you guys? Any regrets?
Thanks from:
20-12-2011, 13:25   #69
Lionbacker

Quote:
So we have our Super Bowl - The Douglas Lions vs The Donottar Dare Devils - Good luck you both of you
Cheers. If my team can keep up the scoring like its done the last 2 weeks, I have a great shout. Big "If " though.

Quote:
So, looking back on the season, what are the major lessons you learnt? Have to say, I would draft a lot differently next year. I was hampered by being the 16th pick (Drew Brees who I was delighted with) but I dont think taking a WR next (Roddy White) was the best plan. It meant that I didnt get a RB until the end of the 3rd round - so I ended up with Shonn Greene and Moreno as my two starting RBs.
I drafted relatively well getting two RB's in the first 2 rounds which has been my teams strongpoint all season long (although Michael Bush who I picked up in the 9th round has been starting since Hillis went down). Basically just learned how to use the waiver wire properly. First year doing FF & just learning as I go along.

Quote:

My biggest regret was getting rid of Antonio Brown just before he broke out as fantastic receiveing option for the Steelers. Could have made the difference in a few close matches as my WRs have been very inconsistent all season long.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-12-2011, 20:35   #70
Big Daddy Cool
Closed Account

best of luck to the 2 teams in the final, enjoyed my 1st year doing this on here and already looking forward to next years league already, was going ok until ahmed bradshaw got injured and could'nt find a good replacement, i also have another team in a nfl managed league and im in the final on saturday, but its no where near as prestigious as the boards league
Thanks from:
20-12-2011, 20:54   #71
Big Daddy Cool
Closed Account

Quote:

My team decided to scored 125 points this week to rub salt into my wounds, still looking to finish strong and secure 5th place against the Witty Tanks this week.

same here, i went for vick straight away and when it came back to me all the top RB'S except Bradshaw were gone.
20-12-2011, 21:27   #72
Coeus

Quote:
I drafted Charles and Blount with picks 1 and 2 and that didnt get me too far

My regret was expecting the Buccs to be at least as good this season was a mistake as they constituated too many of my high picks. Next season I'll spread my first few picks around a few teams.

It was still a fun league all the same. Tough with such a tight waiver wire but I'll be back for more next season
26-12-2011, 18:19   #73
smackbunnybaby

Great final so far. Lions were 20 points up. I had 2 players to come and lions had one. Last night Jordy Nelson got 23 points for me, so I am 3 points clear. Tonight is a shootout between Jimmy Graham (me) and Julio Jones (lions). Great finish!!
26-12-2011, 21:22   #74
Lionbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackbunnybaby View Post
Great final so far. Lions were 20 points up. I had 2 players to come and lions had one. Last night Jordy Nelson got 23 points for me, so I am 3 points clear. Tonight is a shootout between Jimmy Graham (me) and Julio Jones (lions). Great finish!!
Yeah, was watching that game last night knowing the situation. I knew Nelson would pick up some points, but those 2 TD's have completely obliterated that rather healthy lead I had.

It is rather strange though that the whole championship will come down to 2 players in a shootout. Definitely makes for an exciting finish alright!
Thanks from:
27-12-2011, 05:01   #75
Lionbacker

Just scraped the win by 2 points!
Julio Jones got 16.80 & Graham got 10.20 which was enough to grab the win. Probably the closest match I've been involved in all season.
Turned out to be great final & now to look foward to life in division 2.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion