Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#Occupy Ireland

Options
  • 08-10-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Fair play to these folks !! I'm a join them tomorrow for a few hours.

http://www.vimeo.com/30239170

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why did they choose Dame Street? Cos it's close to Starbucks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Rabble rabble rabble cardboard sign rabble rabble rabble global economy rabble rabble rabble hang the bankers rabble rabble rabble evil corporations rabble rabble rabble tie me to a tree rabble rabble rabble no I'm actually a vegan rabble rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

phasers wrote: »
    Why did they choose Dame Street? Cos it's close to Starbucks?

Central Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

chin_grin wrote: »
    Rabble rabble rabble cardboard sign rabble rabble rabble global economy rabble rabble rabble hang the bankers rabble rabble rabble evil corporations rabble rabble rabble tie me to a tree rabble rabble rabble no I'm actually a vegan rabble rabble rabble.

Just had a look at the persons other videos and came across the one below:

http://www.vimeo.com/16859818

Instantly not interested. Gardai while not perfect hardly have a penchant for violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

Is that bloke a primary school teacher?

• Advertisement

Just had a look at the persons other videos and came across the one below:

http://www.vimeo.com/16859818

Instantly not interested. Gardai while not perfect hardly have a penchant for violence.

So you're writing off the whole protest because of one person with a camera?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Its nearly always good to see people take to the streets to make a statement and to stand up for what they believe in.

Unfortunately there seems to be an opinion among the majority in Ireland that doing so is somehow wrong, something to be mocked and looked down on. Its that type of attitude which has let us be trampled on, don't make a fuss.

Fair play to these people for taking the time to get off their arses and actually try to change things, something the inevitable posters who will say that those who took part are unemployed tossers with nothing better to do, have probably never done, they are content to sneer at those who do, basking in a false sense of superiority, all the while getting shafted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

What are they hoping to achieve exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

leave Dame Edna The **** alone you smelly hippies

Millicent wrote: »
    So you're writing off the whole protest because of one person with a camera?!

No I'm just saying I'm not interested in that particular persons video(s), their take on things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just wait til the street sweeping machines come along

No I'm just saying I'm not interested in that particular persons video(s), their take on things.

Fair enough, but it's just documenting the protest. Surely it's useful on its own merits for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

The tits on yer man......

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

It's bludgeoning time! To the Garda mobile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Are they there tonight? Should be fun when someone tries to take a slash against a tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Isn't the Central Bank closed on Saturdays anyway?

Fair enough, but it's just documenting the protest. Surely it's useful on its own merits for that?

To document stuff is always a great idea but how you present it is very important. Unfortunately as a result of their other video they wouldn't appear to be balanced and fair, therefore ruling out any interest on my part of their recordings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Protest started friday evening, teachers have weekends off, they be back at work monday.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Its nearly always good to see people take to the streets to make a statement and to stand up for what they believe in.

Unfortunately there seems to be an opinion among the majority in Ireland that doing so is somehow wrong, something to be mocked and looked down on. Its that type of attitude which has let us be trampled on, don't make a fuss.

Fair play to these people for taking the time to get off their arses and actually try to change things, something the inevitable posters who will say that those who took part are unemployed tossers with nothing better to do, have probably never done, they are content to sneer at those who do, basking in a false sense of superiority, all the while getting shafted.

Still doesn't achieve anything. It's a good show of force I agree, but rabble all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

To document stuff is always a great idea but how you present it is very important. Unfortunately as a result of their other video they wouldn't appear to be balanced and fair, therefore ruling out any interest on my part of their recordings.

But you have watched 2 already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

No they are on overtime at the moment. Working 24/7 printing the new punts.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

chin_grin wrote: »
    Still doesn't achieve anything. It's a good show of force I agree, but rabble all the same.

Now where did I hear that before?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Fair play to these folks !! I'm a join them tomorrow for a few hours.

http://www.vimeo.com/30239170

Daithi is the irish for...Dave .....OMG, I KNEW IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    No they are on overtime at the moment. Working 24/7 printing the new punts.

The mint is in Sandyford

But you have watched 2 already.

One somewhat unwittingly and now I'll ignore the rest never to return.

Have you watched it? It's literally straight documentation. No voiceover; no editing; no apparent bias--just a recording of one guy's speech. It's under two minutes long.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Now where did I hear that before?

Benjamin the donkey in Animal Farm? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

joshrogan wrote: »
    It's bludgeoning time! To the Garda mobile!

It's just like baby seal season in Canada. Good times buddy, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

One somewhat unwittingly and now I'll ignore the rest never to return.

Well thanks for your participation and contribution.

• Advertisement

Have you watched it? It's literally straight documentation. No voiceover; no editing; no apparent bias--just a recording of one guy's speech. It's under two minutes long.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with the video as such but having looked at another one I'm just not interested in anything that person has to say/document.

Well thanks for your participation and contribution.

You're very welcome Daithi.

Advertisement