Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple “Let’s Talk iPhone” Event - Keynote Discussion (starts 6pm Irish time)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Though someone else will probably correct me, I find Engadget's live stream is always very good during these events. Especially since I'm usually not at a computer while they're going on, I can catch up quickly when I get home.

The likes of twitter and boards gets very congested with chat and makes it hard to follow the event.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, if anyone has any suggestions for live coverage, post them and I'll update the OP with them. It will make it easier for anyone who arrives late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm looking forward to finally knowing what is actually in this iPhone and put an end to all the hearsay.. (Until tomorrow when the first iPhone 6 thread appears :rolleyes:).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Atari Jaguar/HP Touchpad

Ah no Im being bitter, i wouldnt have the cash for an iPhone, not in a million years, still, will be interesting to see what they come up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Theres a netcast of the event on Twit.tv at 6pm http://twit.tv/
    Its a Ustream live feed from their studio (not Cupertino:( ) They'll be following all the feeds mentioned in the OP, with input from Tech journalists.

Usually a very good show. Macbreak Weekly starts straight after it too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

You said the yanks are stupid?

From macrumors
    I wish I lived on the west coast. They're going to find out all the answers in a few minutes. I still have to wait another three hours.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

joe316 wrote: »

From macrumors

Hahahahahahahaha!

Sorry for just reply with the above, but that comment deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

joe316 wrote: »

From macrumors

After a sh*tty day in work, that's really put a smile on my face. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    After a sh*tty day in work, that's really put a smile on my face. Thanks.

Smile ronnie, if youre working you might actually be one of the few able to afford the new device!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

So it's been confirmed that it's the 4gs and no iPhone 5 this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Definite? Got a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

So it's been confirmed that it's the 4gs and no iPhone 5 this year

Nothing had been confirmed.

There may be a 4gs and a iPhone 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

http://t.co/XoaEVfQ6

Not definite but as close to it ad ye can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

So it's been confirmed that it's the 4gs and no iPhone 5 this year?
    Everything will be confirmed at 6pm.... everything on the net is only speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'd love if this came true about the iPod Touch but I doubt it:

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/04/hard-candy-is-making-50000-cases-for-ios-device-with-a-4-5-inch-screen/

I'm in the market for one in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

muff03 wrote: »
    Definite? Got a link?

that was a question, not a statement of fact, but I would have to agree, iphone 4s, no 5. This is what all the main sites are saying, and that any reference to an iphone 5 with bigger screen was only a prototype.

Expect them to make a huge deal about the new processor and all the new features in ios5 , some of which will only work with the 4s. ..that is about it! Disappointing , but by the time you have finished listening to the speech, you(not you personally) will probably be sucked in, thinking the 4s is the dogs ..and will quickly forget about the 5..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

The big deal breaker for me will be the screen size, I don't care about anything else. If there is no change in that I'll not be upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Hard Candy has cases for a 4s and a 5 on their site:

http://www.hardcandycases.com/iphone-5-4s-cases.html

Ok I'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

If the iPhone doesn't get a bigger screen, the Touch won't either.

More reports that the "Teardrop" iPhone 5 was just a prototype, so looking more likely for a iPhone 4S. My guess is that they hit production troubles.

Maybe I'm wrong though! Apple could well want everyone to think its will ''only'' be a 4s , so when the 5 is announced there will be people wetting themselves? Perhapps they will announce a 4s, talki it up like its the best thing ever so we think its the new flagship device, then when you least expect it, announce the 5? Ah unlikely...who knows..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

I'd say just the one phone not two.

The clue is in the invite image (showing 1 missing call on the phone icon) ;-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Everyone really just needs to wait. We're entering the final hour and the bloggers are getting desperate. They'll post anything at this stage and pass it off as coming from some "source within Apple".

As for the cases, I'd ignore all that as well. Cases are dirt cheap to produce and are sold at vastly inflated prices. Case manufacturers would think nothing of throwing a few hundred thousand of them together on the basis of something they read online - just in case it turned out to be correct. There's no way Apple would show them a redesigned iPhone 5 in advance.

Apple store is down while they are 'updating'..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Torn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've a feeling Malibu Stacy is about to get a new hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ENGADGET the best place to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Homer

Waiting outside to show the apple heads his new invention...

blammo.jpeg

*from Gizmodo homepage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Theyre on about it now on the Matt Cooper show on today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I couldn't care less!!

Please be a "5"
    Please be a "5"
    Please be a "5"

Advertisement