Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais increase bills by 12% whilst spending 100k on chairs!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.

Wow a new low of rabbling. Chairs. What have we come to!?

"I'm shocked Joe", etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

When did we move to the dollar? It's gas though the things we read :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

HA thats gas !

-Kenny- wrote: »
    HA thats gas !

(v_v)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Who thought a new office would need chairs and lots of them.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yakult wrote: »

How much did your office chair cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

chin_grin wrote: »
    Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.

Wow a new low of rabbling. Chairs. What have we come to!?

"I'm shocked Joe", etc.

900 dollars/euros will go along way to get some poor peoples heating come this winter.
    oh and least you forget some of your taxes went towards this extravagant waste as Bord Gais is a semi-state company.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Wont somebody think of the Ch............... Chairs ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Don't like it? Move to Flogas.

Yakult wrote: »

at 900euros a piece?

• Advertisement

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Don't like it? Move to Flogas.

Or stop paying taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

if its any consolation, their ivory towers are very drafty this time of year

skelliser wrote: »
    at 900euros a piece?

Won't somebody think of the ergonomics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Not on bordgas but for fcuk sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

typical semi-state / government mentality.

no wonder the country is f***ed.

I saw the postie labouring under the weight of some junk mail booklets he had to deliver from some government body too - turns out half the pages / writing was duplicated as it was done in the bl**dy Irish language. Waste of money.

Pity government companies were not run more efficiently. Its costing us many billions a year in extra borrowing.

You would'nt see Ryanair wasting 980,000 printing something in to a language nobody reads, or spending 100k on chairs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

skelliser wrote: »
    at 900euros a piece?

That's the retail price for everyday consumers. I doubt that a company will be paying full whack for these chairs considering their a business (excl-vat) and the fact they bought in bulk which again would drive the average price of the chair down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I don't see anything wrong with this, what is wrong with a company spending money on making their workers more comfortable in the work environment.

Should they turn the heating off as well I am sure they spend more then a Hundred grand on that.

4leto wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with this, what is wrong with a company spending money on making their workers more comfortable in the work environment.

Are you taking the piss? It's a semi-state body, in massive debt right now and being propped up by the tax-payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Should they turn the heating off as well I am sure they spend more then a Hundred grand on that.

infairness you'd probably get a more comfortable chair for cheaper.
    at €900 a pop id want the chair to do my work for me and make the tea

btw the workers moving into the new offices are looking for "disturbance" money!!
    you couldnt make this sh/t up!!
    HUNDREDS of Bord Gais workers are seeking payment for an imminent move to new offices less then 3km away.

They have made a claim for disturbance money to compensate them for the change.

Unions have made a claim for compensation for additional travel time. The talks are ongoing.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/workers-seek-pay-for-3km-move-2857157.html

• Advertisement

Are you taking the piss? It's a semi-state body, in massive debt right now and being propped up by the tax-payer.

They are not in massive debt, they are profitable and making huge inroads into the electricity market and no I am not taking the piss what is wrong with a company investing in their workforce should they have bought then stools instead??

If there was a need for new office furniture why not buy quality, I find relative quality is always the cheaper option.

If there was a need for new office furniture why not buy quality, I find relative quality is always the cheaper option.

but at almost 1k a chair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

If your going to sit on your ass all day, you might aswell do it in luxury I suppose...

NTMK wrote: »

I really wouldn't know, but if anyone has ever worked in an office there is nothing worse then a bad chair. It is definitely bad for production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

NTMK wrote: »

You probably wouldn't tbf. Those chairs are great, nearly bulletproof too. They'll last a long long time.

Also they're not €900 over here, you'd pick them up for around €660 (+ VAT which they can claim back). If they were buying in bulk I have to agree with Yakult, they'd get a better price on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

100,000k for office chairs (900 euro a chair is it) is far too much. If a private company spent that kind of money on chairs alone they would be more than likely very much fail as a company. They just wouldn't survive. And in this current climate with many companies closing, they could have sourced chairs secondhand. Sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

TheZohan wrote: »
    You probably wouldn't tbf. Those chairs are great, nearly bulletproof too. They'll last a long long time.

Also they're not €900 over here, you'd pick them up for around €660 (+ VAT which they can claim back). If they were buying in bulk I have to agree with Yakult, they'd get a better price on them.

If they're very comfortable and durable at the 500-600 price point then fair enough
    900 is over the top though for any office chair

Nothing worse than a crap office chair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

TheZohan wrote: »

Agree with this.

Half the 100k figure for starters and you might be close.

50k is probably less than the average salary in there. So, for less than one persons wages, they furnish the place with very good quality chairs that will last a long time and be good for the workers (and their backs).

Could find something better to moan about tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

LTI through improper seating would cost more then 100k, though I'll eat my hat if these chairs cost 900e a pop. They may even be leasing them.

what would really raise peoples eyebrows, would have been the cost of the consultancy process, the tendering, the various health and safety reviews that would have finally resulted in these chairs being bought..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

ilovesleep wrote: »
    100,000k for office chairs (900 euro a chair is it) is far too much. If a private company spent that kind of money on chairs alone they would be more than likely very much fail as a company. They just wouldn't survive. And in this current climate with many companies closing, they could have sourced chairs secondhand. Sickening.

The journalist plucked the €100k figure out of his bottom, he has no idea of the cost.

Advertisement