Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-08-2011, 01:18   #1
dermot_sheehan

Freeman Megamerge

Apparently:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0811/1224302232246.html
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-08-2011, 01:29   #2
ResearchWill
Closed Account

That made me laugh.
11-08-2011, 07:36   #3
MagicSean
Closed Account

About time they stamped on this freeman bull****
11-08-2011, 08:47   #4
aacs

It's a really interesting and funny case. This Mr. Sludds has just invited wrath of judge in his case. lol
(2) thanks from:
11-08-2011, 08:58   #5
source

Send a message via Skype™ to source
I love it, when will these loonies learn that this freeman crap doesn't work. Fair play to the judge for sticking him in prison, but he should have been sent to a mental hospital.
Advertisement
11-08-2011, 10:03   #6
Robbo
Witchfinder General

I feel this freeman things going to get worse before it gets better, I've noticed posters all around Galway this week for an event promoted by that "Blank of Ireland" guy. He's got a bus pimped out with various nonsense. I'd assume that there's no tax, insurance or licence on the bus, otherwise he hasn't the stones to carry through with his ideas.

The posters are along the lines of "Clear all your debts now! There's no contract!".
11-08-2011, 12:50   #7
mcmoustache

A fiend of mine is into this rubbish and I really don't understand how he can swallow it. He quotes nonsense about admiralty law, contracts, new definitions of common words such as "understand" and "person" and seems to think that the current legal system is a work of fiction. It's like someone being convinced that there is no such thing as gravity. Discussing this with him gets nowhere.

Coincidentally, he's also into and believes a lot of the common conspiracy theories. There might be a connection there. He's from Enniscorthy too.

I'm delighted that the judge did what he did. People trying that nonsense need some sense knocked into them and the ironic nature of this is the icing on the cake. I can't wait to tell him of this case.
11-08-2011, 13:20   #8
Reloc8
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoustache View Post
A fiend of mine is...
Your subconscious is telling you something.
11-08-2011, 13:31   #9
MagicSean
Closed Account

One thing I don't get about this is why he went to court. I very much doubt the summons gave his name as "Bobby of tha family Sludds" so by appearing in court he is effectively accepting his identity as Bobby Sludds. It doesn't seem well thought through on his part.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-08-2011, 13:39   #10
nuac

David Anderson is an experienced judge. He dealt with this man appropriately.

This freeman stuff is utter nonesense.

Last edited by nuac; 11-08-2011 at 17:02.
(2) thanks from:
11-08-2011, 13:44   #11
blueythebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanbeag1 View Post
One thing I don't get about this is why he went to court. I very much doubt the summons gave his name as "Bobby of tha family Sludds" so by appearing in court he is effectively accepting his identity as Bobby Sludds. It doesn't seem well thought through on his part.

I think that they believe that the summons compells his birth certificate to attend and not the person themselves or something like that. This freeman thing is complete nonsense. I am delighted that he got put in jail and fair play to the judge who got it spot on. I'd love to see what happens the next return date.

If anyone knows the next return date, I'd love to know...
(3) thanks from:
11-08-2011, 14:04   #12
mcmoustache

Quote:
About time they stamped on this freeman bull****
Has anyone tried to pull that nonsense on yourself in the line of duty?

If so, and if you're able to say, how did it work out?
11-08-2011, 14:52   #13
bath handle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuac View Post
David Andrews is an experienced judge. He dealt with this man appropriately.

This freeman stuff is utter nonesense.
David Andrews is not a judge, so he could not have dealt with it.
It appeards the individual in question failed to answer a summons last year and was probably appearing on foot of a bench warrant.
11-08-2011, 15:25   #14
johnnyskeleton
Moderate

Quote:
+1.

Also, if the judge accepts that the person who stood up when the case was called was not the person named in the summons, shouldn't the judge have just proceeded to convict and fine Bobby Sludds in his absence because he didn't appear in court and it is a minor offence?

I imagine a night or two in the cells will soften his cough, but he could equally bring an Article 40 application and, if successful on some point or other, he will most likely claim that freemanism "worked".
11-08-2011, 15:37   #15
dermot_sheehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyskeleton View Post
+1.

Also, if the judge accepts that the person who stood up when the case was called was not the person named in the summons, shouldn't the judge have just proceeded to convict and fine Bobby Sludds in his absence because he didn't appear in court and it is a minor offence?

I imagine a night or two in the cells will soften his cough, but he could equally bring an Article 40 application and, if successful on some point or other, he will most likely claim that freemanism "worked".
Of the same view, as in he deserved it for acting the maggot, but has reasonable prospects of being released on a habeas corpus application.

The Supreme Court has said that the District Court's power to remand a person in custody should never be used as a form of punitive sanction.

He was however in contempt of court given his back answering to the judge. He should have been asked to enter a plea, if he refused to a not guilty plea should have been entered, and trial should have proceeded. If the state made its case he could be convicted and fine/imprisoned appropriately.

And on top of the penalties for the road traffic offences, the district judge should have immediately sentenced him for some small period in custody for contempt if he back answered the judge as the press release seemed to say he did.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion