Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

funkyflea wrote: »
    This is what they played last night in Los Angeles:

Monarchy of Roses
    Charlie
    Ethiopia
    Universally Speaking
    Look Around
    Soul to Squeeze
    Factory of Faith
    Throw Away Your Television
    Meet Me at the Corner
    I Like Dirt
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    Right On Time
    By the Way
    Encore:
    Sir Psycho Sexy
    Give It Away

Add to that Californication, Dani California, remove Universally Speaking, add Around the World, swap out I like dirt for Power of Equality. (Would like otherside in there as well). This is the problem with the Chilis having SO many good songs!

Happy with Soul to Squeeze and Sir Psycho sexy in that list, would like to see more off Californication and Blood Sugar in there though. I know they prob get sick of playing them but fans pay good money to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

funkyflea wrote: »
    This is what they played last night in Los Angeles:

Monarchy of Roses
    Charlie
    Ethiopia
    Universally Speaking
    Look Around
    Soul to Squeeze
    Factory of Faith
    Throw Away Your Television
    Meet Me at the Corner
    I Like Dirt
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    Right On Time
    By the Way
    Encore:
    Sir Psycho Sexy
    Give It Away

Add to that Californication, Dani California, remove Universally Speaking, add Around the World, swap out I like dirt for Power of Equality. (Would like otherside in there as well). This is the problem with the Chilis having SO many good songs!

That list could be better from them imo. I really really hope they add Can't Stop to the Irish date, I'd love to hear that song live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

i might explode if i get to hear sir psycho sexy live!!!

I have no special requests really but i suppose hearing under the bridge at slane was one of the most emotional experiences ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Guys need a bit of advice,my buddy got my ticket with his credit card as I was abroad on Friday and he's going to be in the US with the self same credit card on November 4th.Petrified re this obligation to present the credit card which the booking was made on!Any advice/solutions,I was thinking of ringing Ticketmaster's customer care?????:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

seligehgit wrote: »
    Guys need a bit of advice,my buddy got my ticket with his credit card as I was abroad on Friday and he's going to be in the US with the self same credit card on November 4th.Petrified re this obligation to present the credit card which the booking was made on!Any advice/solutions,I was thinking of ringing Ticketmaster's customer care?????:(

Definitely ring customer care.

If anything they would be the first party who could change the name on your friends ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

So my friend went off and bought 3 RHCP tickets for €120 each off some "random website". I'm not even going to tell him how much of a fool he is. Leave him off and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Kind of dissappointed with that setlist tbh , was hoping for suck my kiss/can't stop/otherside/the zephyr song or at least one of them! Sort of glad I didn't get a ticket now

dee. wrote: »
    Kind of dissappointed with that setlist tbh , was hoping for suck my kiss/can't stop/otherside/the zephyr song or at least one of them! Sort of glad I didn't get a ticket now

No definitely go, but yeah the setlist is a bit of a disappointment.

But for me its better than never seeing the Chili's at all so who cares really.

I believe I may be freaking out too easily because its very possible this setlist could change.

The Chili's do have a habit of not playing the same script for their whole tour. If you compared setlists of different venues from previous tours you would see there is not only one throughout the whole tour.

Just praying to God they take Dublin on the Otherside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I agree that they will change the set list.

I remember reading/hearing an interview with anthony kiedis i think where he said that the uk (and ireland probably!) and italy went mad for the by the way album so if they are under this impression maybe they'll play more from that era.

But who know, it'll be great no matter what!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

got me tickets if they dont play fortune faded i will riot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No Can't Stop? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ginasdnb

i got my tickets on crowd surge for the o2 dublin, does any1 know if these tickets are legit because the rest were sold on ticketmaster on the friday after. thanks

cocoshovel wrote: »
    No Can't Stop? :(

Ah now come on now guys all we need is Otherside for a fab night.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Definitely ring customer care.

If anything they would be the first party who could change the name on your friends ticket.

HELP HELP,rang customer care,explained my predicament,re my mate who booked the ticket been in the US on November 4th.No joy re changing name on ticket.What will I do?Get my mate to try ringing,try Chilli Peppers website customer care and plead leniency?I do not want to travel up from the West and be turned away!Any point in ringing the O2 arena,you guys how security handled this a previous gigs like Tom Waites where this measure was put in place?Gutted at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

karaokeman wrote: »
    Ah now come on now guys all we need is Otherside for a fab night.

Would much prefer Can't Stop, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

HELP HELP,rang customer care,explained my predicament,re my mate who booked the ticket been in the US on November 4th.No joy re changing name on ticket.What will I do?Get my mate to try ringing,try Chilli Peppers website customer care and plead leniency?I do not want to travel up from the West and be turned away!Any point in ringing the O2 arena,you guys how security handled this a previous gigs like Tom Waites where this measure was put in place?Gutted at the moment.

You could try and get some of your mates ID to use for the night. I remember at Tom Waits they were't too strict – barely looked at my ID, but I'd not bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There are videos from that gig in L.A on youtube. Sir Psycho Sexy was sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Hi, I'm in the same predicament as you. I used my Mom's card as they didn't take Laser but she's not going to give me her card for the gig incase it goes missing + she'd have to send it to me through the post from Kerry. So Just hoping they'll let us in :(

I wonder would a photocopy of the credit card work...? Not sure it would but I think for me that's my only option right now :/

MadYaker wrote: »
    There are videos from that gig in L.A on youtube. Sir Psycho Sexy was sick!

Can you post the link ? Cant find it

• Advertisement

Saaron wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in the same predicament as you. I used my Mom's card as they didn't take Laser but she's not going to give me her card for the gig incase it goes missing + she'd have to send it to me through the post from Kerry. So Just hoping they'll let us in :(

I wonder would a photocopy of the credit card work...? Not sure it would but I think for me that's my only option right now :/

Surely its not not that big of a deal to borrow the card for the night, just keep it in your wallet for the night.

threein99 wrote: »
    Surely its not not that big of a deal to borrow the card for the night, just keep it in your wallet for the night.

No, she lives on the other side of the country so she doesn't want it being sent through the post in case it gets lost/stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Can you post the link ? Cant find it

I think this is it. Chad posted them on his facebook page there. I'd love if they played some old stuff in Dublin.

"1, 2, FÚCK YOU"

No, she lives on the other side of the country so she doesn't want it being sent through the post in case it gets lost/stolen.

Its very rare stuff gets lost in the post, use registered post if your worried, Im posting my mates electric picnic ticket by normal post and have done that before

Its very rare stuff gets lost in the post, use registered post if your worried, Im posting my mates electric picnic ticket by normal post and have done that before

Yeah that's not a bad idea, I'll have to talk to her and if she'd do that, really don't want to risk not getting in!

Yeah would a photocopy of my mate's credit card suffice?:confused:

Yeah would a photocopy of my mate's credit card suffice?:confused:

I think you may need to phone/email ticketmaster about this. I think I may do the same as well. Otherwise I'll try use a photocopy (I'm not sure it would work..) :/ Unless my mom decides to give me her card which she isn't agreeing to atm. Ugh!

Already rang them,no success!!Let me know how you get along,might try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

Whats the story with the seating chart for this concert? The standing are looks tiny! (Im delighted cos ive a standing ticket :D)

Anyone been to the O2 while they used this layout? Whats it like?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180046F4D6F34B96?artistid=848229&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm not sure if they're using the Standing or the Optimum Standing arrangement. The Ticketmaster site defaults to a Fully Seated chart at the moment (!!!). To be honest, I'd say they'll use the conventional Standing set-up, i.e., that they remove the entire lower section of seats and create a "balcony" from Row 21 back. This will mean the floor is totally opened up, in the normal fashion. If they go for the Optimum Standing configuration (which I very much doubt), the tiered seats will start at Row 5, creating a very small standing area, the equivalent of about fifteen or sixteen rows of seats. I was at Rush with this smaller floor area, and it was an excellent set-up, but I can't see them doing it for Red Hot Chili Peppers.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement