Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The O2 Dublin 4/11/2011 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭CG328

Bridcork wrote: »
    Oh god, freaking out now. Can somebody please tell what's the story? I bought my tickets with my moms credit card because I'm under 18. Her name will be on the tickets. Will I be allowed in?? :O :( I've read here that we need the card that the tickets were bought off, but does the card owner need to be present?

Kinda in the same situation, this is from the ticketmaster website.

''I have bought a ticket for someone else but my name appears on the ticket, will this affect the person attending the event?
    For the majoirty of events the name appearing on the ticket does not have to match the person attending the event.
    The name on the ticket will always be the person who paid for the ticket (cardholder name). If someone else wants to use the ticket they can do so.
    If there will be any restrictions on this it will be notified to you at the time of purchase.
    At the moment the only event with such a restriction is the Red Hot Chilli Peppers performing at the O2 Dublin on the 4th November 2011.''

Mr.S wrote: »
    Basically, TM and MCD are saying you need whatever card was used to purchase the ticket + the order confirmation email.

So if you've used your friends or your parents credit card, you should borrow it for the night and bring along your email confirmation.

Its annoying, yes. But it stops ticket touts.

Thats all we need? Thanks a mill for the clarification! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Got my tickets and all that jazz and used my mother's credit card. Fair enough to bring the card but:

''entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking along with the confirmation/receipt containing the same corresponding payment cardholders details.''

Is this just the receipt the email you? If so it only contains the last four digits of the card number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Nearly had a mental breakdown this morning. Immediately went to buy tickets at 9am, everything went smoothly until I entered my lazer card number wrong by 1 number. Fixed it, but then it kept telling me my name was wrong :eek: In an almighty rush I just re-typed my name and suddenly it was right :confused:
    Anyway, got 1 standing ticket. I would have thought that standing would of been cheaper than seating, but nope €70. Price range said 60-70 so I assume 60 is the seating ones. Usually the seating one's are the more expensive, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭bren2001

Not true. They have done for certain events in the past eg Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.

The "warning" on ticketmaster isn't usually there, which would indiciate they are going to be strict.

To people that used other peoples cards to book tickets - be on the safe side and bring the card with you, as well as ID if you used your parents credit card (same last name for example).

That was to do with so many young children in the audience if I remember correctly. You had to go with somebody under the age of 16 as well.

Ive seen the warning there before at plenty of gigs and never been asked. Doesnt mean it wont happen this time. If you have the card you should always bring it. I always do, just in case.

• Advertisement

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Nearly had a mental breakdown this morning. Immediately went to buy tickets at 9am, everything went smoothly until I entered my lazer card number wrong by 1 number. Fixed it, but then it kept telling me my name was wrong :eek: In an almighty rush I just re-typed my name and suddenly it was right :confused:
    Anyway, got 1 standing ticket. I would have thought that standing would of been cheaper than seating, but nope €70. Price range said 60-70 so I assume 60 is the seating ones. Usually the seating one's are the more expensive, no?
    Nearly sure it was 65.45 for the standing and then 6.10 service charge on each ticket, would that solve your problem?

CG328 wrote: »
    Nearly sure it was 65.45 for the standing and then 6.10 service charge on each ticket, would that solve your problem?

Ah yeah thats probably it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭bren2001

Nope it was specially anti-tout measures because of how popular the acts are and how much touts would re-sell for.

on every ticketmaster ticket, it says the re-sale of tickets isn't allowed and could stop you from entering the venue etc etc. Its rarely enforced.

Getting the card + printing off the email isn't that hard, do it just in case, is it really worth the sake of 70euro?

Ill take your word for it.

Its an inconvenience. By the time the gig comes around I will have completly forgotten to print off the email. It wouldnt bother me if I had to do it for every gig as that would just be part of the culture. Id prefer if it was for every gig or no gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paudidog

hey, i bought a seating ticket thinking it was a standing (it was early in the morning) i was pretty annoyed, cause all of my mates got standing, does any know if its easy to get from the seating area to the standing area, or just to get into the standing area with a seating ticket,d ont really know the o2 well.
    thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bridcork

Thanks for the replies, it's no prob bringing the receipt and the card. I was just worried that the card owner had to be there too. I dont think my mam would fancy that haha

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, it's no prob bringing the receipt and the card. I was just worried that the card owner had to be there too. I dont think my mam would fancy that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What's peoples thoughts on an extra date being announced sometime next week? If they think they can get another sell-out surely they would be interested?

Is there a chance that some tickets may become available again for the November 4th date? I was talking to somebody at Ticketmaster who advised me that this does happen and to register on the site and you can get updates when tickets become available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What's peoples thoughts on an extra date being announced sometime next week? If they think they can get another sell-out surely they would be interested?

Is there a chance that some tickets may become available again for the November 4th date? I was talking to somebody at Ticketmaster who advised me that this does happen and to register on the site and you can get updates when tickets become available

Tbh I don't think its likely despite the fact they have three days off after that.

They wouldn't usually just announce an additional Irish date, it would have to go along with extra European dates.

They more than likely won't be playing any additional O2, SECC, MEN, Motorpoint or LG arena dates as their UK tour is pretty tightly packed.

Also consider that the Chilis will not be playing too many gigs before christmas as a large bluk of the tour is expected for next year, so realistically they will need a bit of time off to relax and do other things.

Keep an eye out on Slane news because Chad said years back they would be thrilled to play Slane castle one more time, so that might be a possibility for next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dannymc84

Relax...there'll be another date alright!! They're free on sat nite and so is the O2 ;)
    They'll cash in for sure!! :D they love their loyal Irish fans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jreddy11

hi, i got my tickets yesterday. could only get 3 seated. i bought them at an outlet and paid in cash not with a credit card. so will i have to produce a credit card or will the id i used at the shop be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

paudidog wrote: »
    hey, i bought a seating ticket thinking it was a standing (it was early in the morning) i was pretty annoyed, cause all of my mates got standing, does any know if its easy to get from the seating area to the standing area, or just to get into the standing area with a seating ticket,d ont really know the o2 well.
    thanks,
    Anytime I've been there, they have been very strict on only allowing standing tickets to be in the standing section. Probably done to stop over-crowding.

Sorry man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paudidog

Redlion wrote: »
    Anytime I've been there, they have been very strict on only allowing standing tickets to be in the standing section. Probably done to stop over-crowding.

Sorry man.

would you know if the barriers between the two areas would be easy to get through or if theres many security, a couple people i know said after a couple of songs they wouldn't really pay much attention,
    cheers,

Hi, just noticed there that the money hasn't been taken from my account yet for the tickets. I know it say "funds may not be immediately withdrawn from your account" but is it normal to be waiting this long? :confused:

dannymc84 wrote: »
    they love their loyal Irish fans :)

That actually is true I will admit that.

It just seems kind of awkward to me announcing a single extra Irish date without announcing extra UK dates.

Having said that I would certainly see them coming back here.

I hope this will be like their By The Way tour when they played in Ireland 3 times, once each year (2002 in Landsdowne, 2003 in Slane and 2004 in the Phoenix Park).

If were lucky I would say maybe Slane for summer 2012 and then the following year for Oxegen cause they did say this jaunt will last until 2013.

Seen as how they were so enthusiastic about playing Slane again I would see this happening sooner than them playing anywhere else for a revisit of Ireland on the second European leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

would you know if the barriers between the two areas would be easy to get through or if theres many security, a couple people i know said after a couple of songs they wouldn't really pay much attention,
    cheers,

Barriers and a bit of a drop which would leave you hurting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

anyone know who the support is? foals are supporting them round europe but nothing announced for uk and ireland yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

anyone know who the support is? foals are supporting them round europe but nothing announced for uk and ireland yet???

Think it says online that Fool's Gold are supporting (I think that's the correct name).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭iheartthailand

thanks,

you should be fine, at a gig last year in the o2 most of us had standing and 2 had sitting, you'll have to go in to the venue seperately, but then get one of your friends to meet you upstairs and bring his and one of your friends standing tickets (standing people can go upstairs to the bar area fine). they'll check your tickets when you go back downstairs!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When we went to Blink last year 2 of us had standing while the other 2 had sitting. We just arrived at the door , scanned the tickets and just walked into the standing area no bother

I wonder what the set list will be like this time.

There was some drama on the Stadium Arcadium tour from fans because Give It Away and Under The Bridge were not included in every show.

I really hope we get a fair bit from Californication, also By The Way, Breaking The Girl, The Zephyr Song, Can't Stop and Dani California as well as all the new songs.

Id love a good few songs from Stadium Arcadium! Probably my favorite album, Especially in Michigan, Death of a Martian, Charlie etc.
    A few from By the Way and Californication too.

Id love if they played some of their older stuff like, Fight like a brave, One Big Mob, & Stone Cold bush. They would be some craic to hear.

I'm probably hoping for far too much though. :(

Edit: If anybody does find the setlist, dont post it here please. Id rather it be a surprise, I learned that last year after I knew the whole Iron maiden set list. Its just not as fun when you do I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lynseyf1

Does anyone know wen the next batch of tickets for rhcp go on sale for the o2??

Lynseyf1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know wen the next batch of tickets for rhcp go on sale for the o2??

Maybe a month or two before the gig I would say.

Its usually quite late but like many others I'm anticipating a summer return from the Chili's next year in either Slane or Oxegen.

There will be plenty of tickets when their new dates are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

This is what they played last night in Los Angeles:

Monarchy of Roses
    Charlie
    Ethiopia
    Universally Speaking
    Look Around
    Soul to Squeeze
    Factory of Faith
    Throw Away Your Television
    Meet Me at the Corner
    I Like Dirt
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    Right On Time
    By the Way
    Encore:
    Sir Psycho Sexy
    Give It Away

Add to that Californication, Dani California, remove Universally Speaking, add Around the World, swap out I like dirt for Power of Equality. (Would like otherside in there as well). This is the problem with the Chilis having SO many good songs!

• Advertisement

funkyflea wrote: »
    This is what they played last night in Los Angeles:

Monarchy of Roses
    Charlie
    Ethiopia
    Universally Speaking
    Look Around
    Soul to Squeeze
    Factory of Faith
    Throw Away Your Television
    Meet Me at the Corner
    I Like Dirt
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    Right On Time
    By the Way
    Encore:
    Sir Psycho Sexy
    Give It Away

Add to that Californication, Dani California, remove Universally Speaking, add Around the World, swap out I like dirt for Power of Equality. (Would like otherside in there as well). This is the problem with the Chilis having SO many good songs!

I'm kinda disappointed that Otherside isn't on that setlist.

Maybe its because the LA show was just part of the "warm up leg" and they want to save the best for the arena dates.

I'm mainly happy with By The Way, Give It Away and Rain Dance Maggie.

Advertisement