Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Teamspeak 3 Server: Now ye're chattin'

Options
  • 18-07-2011 3:58pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, just to let you all know, boards.ie's Teamspeak server is back up! We now have 100 slots in place due to high demand on the previous one.
    7978153051_658505a95e_b.jpg
    cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/212.187.246.58:9107/banner_560x95.png?random=45036

How to connect:

- Grab the download for the OS of your choice here.
    - Once installed, got to bookmarks, manage bookmarks, add bookmark
    - Under label type anything(the description for the server), under address type eurots1.gameservers.com:9107. Type your nickname in there too.

You're done, you can connect to the channel. All that's left to do is set up your microphone.

Boards.ie users can request their own channel! just PM myself and I'll get a permanent channel set up for you. I will also make you admin of the channel should you wish to alter sub-channel settings etc.[/quote]

Thanks a mill in advance :P

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

grrrrrrrrrr!!!
    get vent!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is Vent better? I've never really noticed a huge difference, but I'm not using either of them that regularly (TS more often though for Minecraft and World of Tanks).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Vent uses less bandwidth and was generally better speaking quality. TS3 has had issues in the past with bandwidth and lag but its pretty much spot on now IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i have to agree with vent thing. its simplyer, easyer, better quality.

on the ather hand fair play for giving us team speak too ;).

i would love to see some organised events. pc game nights with teamspeak.

would be cool to have a bc2 night out with teams on team speak, but in different channels, then after matches to go for loughts in to general chats etc.

it should be fun! ill deffo join, when my internet will stop sucking.

suggestions for channels:
    bad company 2
    LoL
    Starcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Cool. Shim sort out a wot channel with the usual heads as channel commander!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Vent has been better for a long time.

Though I've been hearing some good things about "Mumble" , but never tried it myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cool. Shim sort out a wot channel with the usual heads as channel commander!

:D
    As long as it is not DG we should be ok or he'll mute us just before he shoots us in the back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Vent has been better for a long time.

Though I've been hearing some good things about "Mumble" , but never tried it myself

Mumble is great as well, it even has positional sound plugins for games such as L4D.

To be honest, so long as people are not using Skype I'm happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Mumble pisses on both Vent and TS tbh, its crystal clear and has built in overlay and game surround plugins for positional audio in some games like Arma, BF2, L4D, TF2 etc. It has many other very handy settings the others don't have, like muting or reducing ingame volume when someone speaks. We tried them all, Mumble is by far the best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Mumble pisses on both Vent and TS tbh, its crystal clear and has built in overlay and game surround plugins for positional audio in some games like Arma, BF2, L4D, TF2 etc. It has many other very handy settings the others don't have, like muting or reducing ingame volume when someone speaks. We tried them all, Mumble is by far the best

Pretty sure ts3 has a built in overlay as well as volume reduction when someone speaks. That being said, haven't used ts in years, and have never tried mumble just simple ol vent!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PogMoThoin wrote: »

TS3 has position audio built in to its client, as well as muting or reducing ingame volume too. I don't notice much diffrence in performance between Mumble and TS3 in those features tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

TS3 has position audio built in to its client, as well as muting or reducing ingame volume too. I don't notice much diffrence in performance between Mumble and TS3 in those features tbh

Yes, but the games need to support the positional audio for it to work well, I know Arma 2 natively only supports Mumble as its open source, the Arma surround support plugin for TS3 is a seperate mod and not supported by the developer
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103472

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can we have a LoL room? We've quite a few boardsie players and its one where having a com really helps:)

Can we have a LoL room? We've quite a few boardsie players and its one where having a com really helps:)

I agree with this man!

Done!

Done!

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Done!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Probable worth making this a sticky :)
    Also with regards to the below, there is no box for "Port" when going via Bookmarks.

The server name should be typed as 'servername: port'
    i.e eurots6.gameservers.com:9122
    How to connect:

- Once installed, got to bookmarks, manage bookmarks, add bookmark
    - Under label type anything(the description for the server), under address type eurots6.gameservers.com, and under port type 9122. Type your nickname in there too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Server down - anyone know whats up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Back up

It's the monthly recurring charge yoke, its down for about 10 minutes every month :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

this is great - thank you. Idling in League of Legends now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Edit:

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Probable worth making this a sticky :)
    Also with regards to the below, there is no box for "Port" when going via Bookmarks.

The server name should be typed as 'servername: port'
    i.e eurots6.gameservers.com:9122

Must be added to the sticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Is this server still up and running? keep getting this message:

<16:10:17> Trying to resolve hostname eurots6.gameservers.com
    <16:10:18> Trying to connect to server on eurots6.gameservers.com:9122
    <16:10:24> Failed to connect to server

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

cant connect either

The data boxes are currently under scheduled maintenance. Should be back up in an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

Hey, I'm getting a
    <23:44:11> Trying to resolve hostname eurots6.gameservers.com
    <23:44:12> Trying to connect to server on eurots6.gameservers.com
    <23:44:18> Failed to connect to server

I just downloaded Teamspeak3 and never used it before, can anybody help? :confused:

I couldnt see where to type in the port number (9122) either.
    Any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

the port number goes in with the server address so when you click connect type in "eurots6.gameservers.com:9122"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

Kersmash wrote: »
    the port number goes in with the server address so when you click connect type in "eurots6.gameservers.com:9122"

Many Thanks! :pac:

Advertisement