Jailbreak Sky hd box - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-06-2011, 20:36   #1
bennyineire

Jailbreak Sky hd box

Hey Guys, I was thinking of getting rid of my Sky sub and I was wondering if it is possible to jailbreak the box so that I can continue to use the record function. (moderater I think this is legal as the box is legally mine, but if this is a problem for you then no worries you can delete the thread)
Advertisement
15-06-2011, 20:59   #2
zerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyineire View Post
Hey Guys, I was thinking of getting rid of my Sky sub and I was wondering if it is possible to jailbreak the box so that I can continue to use the record function. (moderater I think this is legal as the box is legally mine, but if this is a problem for you then no worries you can delete the thread)
Not possible,if you want a box that records free channels get a Humax pvr or similar.Lots of threads here on what's the best.
15-06-2011, 21:01   #3
PogMoThoin
Closed Account

Its for the bin when you remove the Sky card. Will work for normal FTA but you'll not be able to re-arrange the channels. Should have bought a decent box in the first place
15-06-2011, 21:41   #4
kelsca

Is this not possible so?
http://cgi.ebay.ie/PACE-SKY-PLUS-FRE...#ht_500wt_1156
15-06-2011, 21:44   #5
charlemont
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogMoThoin View Post
Its for the bin when you remove the Sky card. Will work for normal FTA but you'll not be able to re-arrange the channels. Should have bought a decent box in the first place
He can make a channel list in Favourites, Sure 50 spaces should be enough for freeview.
Advertisement
15-06-2011, 21:51   #6
norbert64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsca View Post
Technically speaking, I guess it kind of is
see - > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=63497158
15-06-2011, 21:55   #7
enfant terrible

Quote:
Plug it out just before its cut off and leave it for three months.
15-06-2011, 23:43   #8
timmydel1

Quote:
Its amazing that with the sheer volume of s*y boxes out there that no-one has thought it worthwhile to try to write/load unofficial software (ie. Linux etc) onto them to add or unlock features such as recording etc.. Where is the Geohot for s*y boxes ???
15-06-2011, 23:45   #9
kbell

Why call them s*y??
Advertisement
16-06-2011, 00:08   #10
timmydel1

Ok , *ky.
Thanks from:
16-06-2011, 00:39   #11
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmydel1 View Post
Its amazing that with the sheer volume of s*y boxes out there that no-one has thought it worthwhile to try to write/load unofficial software (ie. Linux etc) onto them to add or unlock features such as recording etc..
There were some reports of people having Enigma 2 running on a Sky HD last year but nothing since.
Seemingly the Dreambox 800 has the same chipset as the Sky HD receiver.
16-06-2011, 09:14   #12
watty

Because NDS is really much better at security than Sony, Apple etc as they are consumer marketing companies and NDS is a dedicated Electronic Security company, with maybe the most secure card scheme in the world?
Thanks from:
16-06-2011, 09:39   #13
justsomebloke
Beards are cool!!!

Mod: Rugby
Quote:
Originally Posted by watty View Post
Because NDS is really much better at security than Sony, Apple etc as they are consumer marketing companies and NDS is a dedicated Electronic Security company, with maybe the most secure card scheme in the world?
actually I thought this would of been the main reason for people to have tried to hack a sky box, basically just for the ability to say they were the people to have done it
16-06-2011, 10:01   #14
Apogee

Quote:
you can hack the Pace 3100 model to enable recording.
http://www.steves-homepage.co.uk/cgi...num=1210113159

As mentioned, there is also a project underway to run Enigma 2 on Sky+ HD hardware.
www.tektesters.com
16-06-2011, 10:05   #15
watty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Santa View Post
actually I thought this would of been the main reason for people to have tried to hack a sky box, basically just for the ability to say they were the people to have done it
How many have tried and got nowhere?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion