Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Found out how to record BBC HD,ITV2,BBC3+4 etc.

• 14-12-2009 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Ok so I am using a SkyHD box in a bedroom, just to pick up FTA channels. I was just messing with the box today and I discovered that I could record FTA channels using my old blue Sky Card (which is old news at this stage), but I thought I could only do this using the Irish EPG.

But what I did was let the English EPG load up (by putting the Sky card in upside down). Then I turned the card the right way round and the English EPG was still there. So I can now record BBCHD. I just tested The GReen, GReen Grass and it worked perfect. Im so annoyed that I discovered this when the last episode of Life was on. Sorry if this is old news. I was quite excited to discover this.:D

Edit:Just realised that I should be able to record ITV2,3,4 and BBC 3 and 4 aswell.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

FYI Life is on BBC 2 @ 10.35 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

FYI Life is on BBC 2 @ 10.35 tonight.
    But I missed out on recording all of the other none episodes of Life in HD. It os spectacular in HD. Missed out in Top GEar too.:(

Just checked if I can record the BBCs and ITVs and it works!!! Im recording Wallace and Gromit as we speak.:D Ohhh, I see the Christmas special of Extras is on BBC HD this weekend too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I've just tried that, with no joy. I turned off the Sky box at the mains and removed my white viewing card. I then switched the box back on, inserted my old blue viewing card (the Irish one, I presume? I also have an old blue "English" viewing card) upside down, and pressed "tv guide" on my remote. But all I'm getting is the Irish EPG. I also tried recording using the "English" blue card, but no joy there either. Any tips for a techno luddite fellas?

Im not too up-to-date when it comes to Satellite stuff so bare with me.

Firstly, Im using an Irish blue card. Im also using a box with only one feed in it. I discovered this by mistake. I had the feed in one of the inputs (I had it in the Input 2 socket) in the box, but my box was telling me that there was no signal (I had the english EPG at this stage and my viewing card was inserted upside down). I took the feed out of the Input 2 socket and placed it into Input 1, while at the same inserting my viewing card in the right way round. At this point I still had the English EPG and my box thinks I have a "good" viewing card.

Now I THINK the reason I am able to do this is because the box was telling me I had no signal in the Input 2 socket. I discovered that the feed was not "Locked" in (according to my Sky box). After a bit of Googling I discovered that this "Locking" problem is a rather common problem.

Could anyone with a bit of expertise shed some light on this "problem".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Dman001 wrote: »
    Im not too up-to-date when it comes to Satellite stuff so bare with me.

Firstly, Im using an Irish blue card. Im also using a box with only one feed in it. I discovered this by mistake. I had the feed in one of the inputs (I had it in the Input 2 socket) in the box, but my box was telling me that there was no signal (I had the english EPG at this stage and my viewing card was inserted upside down). I took the feed out of the Input 2 socket and placed it into Input 1, while at the same inserting my viewing card in the right way round. At this point I still had the English EPG and my box thinks I have a "good" viewing card.

Now I THINK the reason I am able to do this is because the box was telling me I had no signal in the Input 2 socket. I discovered that the feed was not "Locked" in (according to my Sky box). After a bit of Googling I discovered that this "Locking" problem is a rather common problem.

Could anyone with a bit of expertise shed some light on this "problem".
    So that sounds like you have to start disconnecting one of the two feeds into the back of the box. Think I'll pass, thanks!

blueser wrote: »
    So that sounds like you have to start disconnecting one of the two feeds into the back of the box. Think I'll pass, thanks!
    Ya it can be awkward. But I had the box just sitting doing no use so it should come in handy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭In the old days

Doesn't work for me i'm afraid. As soon as I put old blue irish sky plus card back in an unmatched hd box it initialises the card and puts irish epg back. It is possible to record luxe, bbc 1 etc. Problem is every 30 seconds a caption pops up telling me to get a new white card!!

I'm supprised when you put the old irish card back in the box correctly it doesn't revert to the irish epg but if it works good for you :)-nice to have for extra capacity, recording hd with subs etc.:D

Doesn't work for me i'm afraid. As soon as I put old blue irish sky plus card back in an unmatched hd box it initialises the card and puts irish epg back. It is possible to record luxe, bbc 1 etc. Problem is every 30 seconds a caption pops up telling me to get a new white card!!

I'm supprised when you put the old irish card back in the box correctly it doesn't revert to the irish epg but if it works good for you :)-nice to have for extra capacity, recording hd with subs etc.:D
    Yeah I think the box is a bit dodgy, Im forever getting No Signal messages.

I dont seem to get any messages telling me to put the White Card in. At one stage (when I tried to record a subscription channel, just to see what would happen) I lost the English EPG and it said it was Searching for channels. I thought I had lost this function, but thankfully I was able to set up again to work. It wont last long though, Sky should be pulling the plug on those Blue Cards soon.

Advertisement