Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

P90X door frame pull up bar

• 25-05-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've done my searches etc. I know this product is good, what I'm looking for is where I can get one with a reasonable price? I'm not able to find any in Ireland, and those abroad seem to have very high shipping rates...

Anybody have any advice?
    I'd be happy with a similar product! But struggling to find any "good" ones.

Any help would be brilliant!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Exactly what I was looking for! Now if you know of a cheaper version ;)
    Think I might pick this bad boy up soon... Would their be any physical stores I could visit? Would gab tomorrow if could...

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I have this one. Great bit of kit and a very reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

muboop1 wrote: »
    Think I might pick this bad boy up soon... Would their be any physical stores I could visit? Would gab tomorrow if could...

Cheaper version? It's 40 bucks?
    I wouldn't trust anything cheaper to support anythign other than my washing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

muboop1 wrote: »

The guy that owns/runs Irish Lifting posts on here. His forum name is Mickk. He also owns the shop in Camden St. called "Fighting Fit". They would usually have 1 or 2 of the over door pull-up bars in the shop. You could phone up and check or contact Irish Lifting (number on web site) and ask if they could drop one into the shop in Camden St for you to collect.

I also have one of the pull-up bars and they are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

I was working in Puerto Rico a month or so back and picked up one of these fro $19 in Walgreen's

http://irongym.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

that's a cheaper option and i've had no problem with it so far, if i was getting one again i'd go with the one from irish-lifting though just as it's a bit stronger. i'm about 13.5 stone and the iron gym has had no problem holding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 powpow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

powpow wrote: »

Looks the exact same as the one Irish Lifting sell. Depending on shipping costs, at its current offer price (shown in Sterling) it may work out a little cheaper then Irish Lifting. However simply for avoiding a 5-7 day wait and the fact that I would prefer to support an Irish company, I would still go with Irish Lifting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

If money is an issue, you could probably make one if you're any way DIY inclined.

€40 isn't much though in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Unless you have all the bits and pieces already to hand and can do ALL the fabrication yourself, €40 will go nowhere on something like this.
    A couple of meters of round and square tube, cut, bent, drilled, possibly welded, plus nuts/bolts/washers, paint and grip handles/foam/whatever, will very quickly eat up that budget, and plenty more I'd suspect, especially if you're having to get someone with the skills/tools/etc to do the job.
    More especially if it's a one-off 'hand-crafted' project.

This is very much one of those circumstances where it's far more economic to just buy the finished product than try to replicate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Depending on shipping costs, at its current offer price (shown in Sterling) it may work out a little cheaper then Irish Lifting.
    I went to checkout that item.

Items: GBP 19.99
    Postage & Packing: GBP 19.00
    Order Total: GBP 38.99
    Payment Total: EUR 46,59**

It is not amazon selling it, but a market place seller, amazon have free shipping on their own items over £25, and you can combine, e.g. a chinup bar for £20 and throw in a dvd for £6 and they are both sent together free.

Searching amazon's items they only sell the irongym type one. The irish lifting one is a far better design as it comes out from the doorframe so has a better cantilever effect.

I agree with the post above, I would not bother trying to mimic it and I do have all the bits at hand to do it, and I am always making stuff.

However there are far simpler ways to make a device for chinups. Like these

DSC00517.jpg
    henrypullup.jpg

Or possibly rings from your bannisters, you can also do dips and other stuff with the rings.

Advertisement