Key purpose of the role
- To operate the day to day activities of the Network Operations Centre & to proactively and reactively manage BT Ireland’s Telecommunications network and ensure that all Network and Customer faults are cleared within specified time scales
- To operate network surveillance and second level fault management, performing centralised network surveillance and fault management.
- You will be required to investigate and lead incidents and manage them through to resolution.
- To manage KCI’s to the business and customers following the incident management process.
- You will be required to work on quick win or short scale projects as required.
- You will be required to escalate issues and incidents through the business.
- To complete software build of customer orders on the BT Ireland transmission network
- To complete customer circuits migrations or cutovers on the BT Ireland transmission network
- To assist in the preparation of PEW works on the BT Ireland transmission network
- To remove software build of customer orders on the BT Ireland transmission network
- To complete modifications of customer orders that might require either software of physical changes or both depending on the customer requirements
- To complete assurance measures on customer orders prior to handover ensuring all elements of the service have been delivered to the required standard
- To work and develop skills on the daily NOC roles P1-P4, Network Monitoring, Alarm clearing, SPOC, Build, Cancellations, Jumpers & Service Assurance
- To perform first & second line diagnostics on access and core networks, resolving faults remotely were applicable & working with our field engineering teams to resolve. Proactively and reactively working faults on voice, SDH, Radio, DWDM, ATM, XDSL, MPLS and IP networks ensuring that all customer and network faults are repaired within specified T2R timescales.
- To manage and perform routine [remote] maintenance on elements of BT Ireland's network.
- As part of a team, to efficiently manage the scheduling of resource across all build & operational teams from within the NOC
- You will have excellent communication skills and manage all communication on a technical level with other network, vendor and service suppliers and the Customer Service and Engineering teams in BT Ireland
- You will be required to demonstrate coaching skills within the NOC
Experience in an operational telecom/technology environment
You must demonstrate an ability to diagnose faults involving numerous technologies in the delivery of a given service.
You must demonstrate strong technical ability on multiple platforms.
You must demonstrate strong ticket management skills.
You must demonstrate a full understanding and application of BT process and procedures.
You must demonstrate strong management system and application skills.
Demonstrate strong multitasking skills and ability.
You must have a proven track record with fault management.
You must demonstrate an ability to communicate comprehensive, diagnostic and technical information to second level/back office Operations departments.
You must demonstrate strong customer focus, responsibility and accountability.
You must demonstrate positive attitude to drive faults through to resolution.
You must demonstrate a professional attitude at all times.
Cisco certification CCNA
Desirable technical experience would include
Cisco certification CCNP
Strong Nortel Transmission knowledge and experience
Strong Ciena Transmission knowledge and experience
Strong DWDM, SDH, PDH knowledge and experience.
Radio operation skills
Voice switching knowledge
IP networks knowledge