Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL pilot's to ballot.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

lxflyer wrote: »
    In these circumstances if they cancel your flight then you will be offered the choice of rebooking or a full refund.

That's what has happened on prior occasions.
    Which is literally no help when you have to pay for your hotel and rental cars etc. FML.

Thank god for travel insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Which is literally no help when you have to pay for your hotel and rental cars etc. FML.

Thank god for travel insurance.

Absolutely - just correcting the earlier post that doubted whether the air fare would be refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

cson wrote: »
    **** them anyway, have a LHR flight next Wednesday. :mad:

Ditto on Tuesday. I hope they manage to come to some form of agreement soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Booked flights for a holiday with AL last January. Between the worry of will we get to our destination and the 6 hour delay coming home I swore I'd never book with them again. Have another holiday booked in 3 weeks time. Thank God I booked Ryanair.

Whoever is to blame for yet another dispute at AL, I can only imagine the customer base must be suffering enormously and will continue to do so until they bring about some certainty to their industrial relations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Locomojo wrote: »
    they might charge me to use the toilet

They don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I realise emotions are high regarding AL for some people but please remember to keep it clean and no personal abuse will be tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

SeaFields wrote: »
    ....... Whoever is to blame for yet another dispute at AL, I can only imagine the customer base must be suffering enormously and will continue to do so until they bring about some certainty to their industrial relations.
    Absolutely, the customer is getting the raw deal here, regardless of the rights and/or wrongs of the dispute.

However considering that this staffing problem was brought to the attention of senior EI mgmt last summer I could however point a finger at 1 or 40 people:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/airline-boss-gets-euro390000-of-free-shares-2662616.html
    Aer Lingus chief executive Christoph Mueller will receive free shares in the airline, currently valued at €392,000, simply for remaining employed there.
    It recently emerged Mr Mueller got a bonus of almost €500,000 last year on top of his €483,000 basic pay for meeting targets under the airline's cost-reduction programme.

Sources said around 40 other managers were also paid bonuses under performance-related schemes, worth at least €200,000 in some cases.
    But the airline yesterday refused to say how many executives received the payments or the total paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

AL says pilots not productive enough.....jazuz who's telling the truth? one side say work 5 on 1 off 6 on....their lifestyle is intolerable, the other side says they are a unproductive bunch....this will be one big bunfight if not sorted soon.

All I know from a Ryanair rostering view, is that they work 5 on/4 off or 3 off.....

anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

Bearcat wrote: »
    AL says pilots not productive enough.....jazuz who's telling the truth? one side say work 5 on 1 off 6 on....their lifestyle is intolerable, the other side says they are a unproductive bunch...
    All I know from a Ryanair rostering view, is that they work 5 on/4 off or 3 off....
    And the EI pilots want to have the stability and work/life balance that the FR pilots do. EI A320 flight crew have split days off and change from early's to late's to early's over the course of 5-6 days.

There is no question of them refusing to work up to the legal limit of 900 flight hours per year.

(P.S. 'Work/life balance' is a phrase introduced to EI by the current CEO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Last time booking with Aer Lingus, no enjoyment in wondering whether or not your flight will ever take off.

Piss poor customer service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement