Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options
  • 14-02-2011 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

whilst bemoaning the lack of ultra distance races this side of the country,iv organised 1.....
    This year it is invitational only,free,limited to 25 runners and its full already.Its on in donadea forest on 26th february,its 50km on a 5km forest trail,accurataly measured and timed and is IAU approved.there is a few from here doing it a a few helping out on the day with lap counting and marshalling etc.It will be an open race next year all things going well this year....
    Anto...

(have squared this wit mods):D

How would you rate this event? 53 votes

Excellent
    0%
    Good
    90%
    opusKrusty_ClownbazmanTrampasOryxEnduroDigiJemgrahamorRacoonQueenPaulieCClumhf4z6sqo7vjngib.hartemenoscemolocteauglennhysend11gunnerOisin11178donothoponpopbelcarra 48 votes
    Average
    7%
    CabaalMick Riceiamjenkocharlie933 4 votes
    Poor
    1%
    donutheadhomer 1 vote
    Awful
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    Thanks for putting this on and for the invite Anto.
    Really looking forward to my first Ultra.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fair play to ya for organising it, and hope all goes well on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Good
    Well done UM on organising this.

It's a fantastic venue so i hope all goes well.

I believe there's lots of sneaky training runs going on in my part of the world;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Good
    Fair play to UM for organizing and getting a label. Looking forward to it (by the way, there's a typo in your heading, should read 5k I thought, sub 20mins here we come!:D)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    I'll be making the sandwiches.

Also, 50km isn't a real ultra lads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good

Ill help, i have special sauce:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

many thanks to jb-ski for organising SIS to provide some energy drinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I've a scheduled 50k run for the following day , so I will be with ye in spirit.
    Will pencil it in for next year.
    Good luck and hope it all works out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Can I be the 1st to say feck ya ultraman for organising this, now I have to run it. I enjoyed my year off ultras last year!

Should be a bit of craic, and remember the quicker you run the sooner the pain stops. This is my new mantra.

;)
    wait till u see ur apron....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good

Feckin elitists :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

menoscemo wrote: »
    Feckin elitists :p

sure it's only a marathon followed by ~8km cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

ultraman1 wrote: »
    This year it is invitational only,free,limited to 25 runners and its full already.Its on in donadea forest on 26th february,
    )

Invitational?? - how about a list of those invited for *the public record*? Any big names (and that doesn't count names spelled in Capitals) :D

The Hammer wrote: »
    Invitational?? - how about a list of those invited for *the public record*? Any big names (and that doesn't count names spelled in Capitals) :D
    I dont want to put anyones name up on a public forum without their consent......there is 2 from the irish international team competing in the 2011 ACP,there is one international marathon winner,8 sub 3 marathoners,maybe an irish record holder;),3 who came top 10 in art o'neill,and some of the victorious boards WW relay team....(dont think DCM could get a line up like dat:D)

there is 2 from the irish international team competing in the 2011 ACP,there is one international marathon winner,8 sub 3 marathoners,maybe an irish record holder;),3 who came top 10 in art o'neill,and some of the victorious boards WW relay team

Based on this post I can finally unveil that ultraman1 is in fact memory man Jimmy Magee. Only he could describe a field so eloquently and with such insight.

jeffontour wrote: »
    Based on this post I can finally unveil that ultraman1 is in fact memory man Jimmy Magee. Only he could describe a field so eloquently and with such insight.

just hope i got them all right,.....especially as u are in there(i didnt want to say "and and few veterans":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    there is 2 from the irish international team competing in the 2011 ACP,there is one international marathon winner,8 sub 3 marathoners,maybe an irish record holder,3 who came top 10 in art o'neill,and some of the victorious boards WW relay team..
    ...and a clown...

Good
    ...and a clown...

...followed by a fat man with a squeezy water bottle... eating homemade flapjacks...

homemade flapjacks

The only reason I'm turning up. ultramans invite to me guaranteed me limitless flapjacks. I hope he wasn't winding me up.

Good
    The only reason I'm turning up. ultramans invite to me guaranteed me limitless flapjacks. I hope he wasn't winding me up.

Krusty makes his own, they're delicious. There'll be a table where he'll leave his stash for the race, see you there after the first 5k.

• Advertisement

Krusty makes his own, they're delicious. There'll be a table where he'll leave his stash for the race, see you there after the first 5k.

Ok, so my pacing strategy is now determined by how hungry the rest of the field look prior to the start. And how good a lock the clown has on the cookie jar :D

another sneaki xtra for yis,bernadette from clane physical therapy centre(http://www.claneclinic.com) will be on hand after the race to massage any niggles or aches out of ye(disclaimer---she deals in pain)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    If I can carry my stash on my back over the mountains for 26 miles, I'm sure I can hold onto it for the duration of a trot around a pretty forest. :eek:

I dont want to put anyones name up on a public forum without their consent......there is 2 from the irish international team competing in the 2011 ACP,there is one international marathon winner,8 sub 3 marathoners,maybe an irish record holder;),3 who came top 10 in art o'neill,and some of the victorious boards WW relay team....(dont think DCM could get a line up like dat:D)

and the 2010 portumna 100km winner;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

another sneaki xtra for yis,bernadette from clane physical therapy centre(http://www.claneclinic.com) will be on hand after the race to massage any niggles or aches out of ye(disclaimer---she deals in pain)

.. she'll be working on me for a while then :rolleyes:

Abhainn wrote: »
    .. she'll be working on me for a while then :rolleyes:
    and dats after jo gets her hands on ya....

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaymack75

What time does the race start?

11 am sharp

11 am sharp

That's a very reasonable time of the day to be kicking things off. Well done to the race organisers, whoever they are!

Where are we parking? Scoopage after? Will there be medals for everyone?

I'm not going if I don't get a medal. Oh and I want a cert as well, to say I'm great. :D

• Advertisement

That's a very reasonable time of the day to be kicking things off. Well done to the race organisers, whoever they are!

Where are we parking? Scoopage after? Will there be medals for everyone?

I'm not going if I don't get a medal. Oh and I want a cert as well, to say I'm great. :D

parking at st kevins Gaa club which is also the scoopage area......no medals ,no cert and ur only ok,but u do get a number wit ur name....

Advertisement