Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man who killed Garda by running him down found not guilty by jury WTF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bigpink wrote: »
    Man who killed Garda by running him down found not guilty by jury WTF

Hope I get jury WTF the next time I am up.

Ps. You'll love this then ............
    A man arrested after armed gardai fired two shots at a stolen car in Limerick last week has been granted bail at Limerick District Court.

32 year old Noel Price of Kileely Road, Limerick is charged with hijacking the car at the Old Cratloe Road last Thursday.

There were three children in the car when it was taken from outside Woodview Shopping Centre.

Live 95FM's Eric Clarke reports from Limerick District Court...

Garda Neil O'Gorman said Gardai were objecting to bail being granted to the 32 year old accused because of the serious nature of the charge and said there may be further charges in the future.

Solicitor Sarah Ryan said however there was only one charge before the court and Judge Tom O'Donnell said he could only deal with that charge which he described as very serious.

He granted bail on Noel Price's own bond of €200 and an Independent Surety of €2,500 to be approved by the court.

Gardai must also be satisfied that Price is residing at an alternative address outside the Kileely area.

Judge O'Donnell remanded the accused in custody with consent to bail to appear before the court again on February 9th via video link.
    http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/bail-granted-to-man-charged-with-hijacking-a-car-on-the-northside-of-the-city/41d372ca-cad9-4280-820e-fc22daad37d7

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

But he pleaded guilty :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

This is hard for the family to hear but the jury have made their decision based on the evidence presented to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

They decided he didn't mean to hit the guard with the car. Why do you assume he did mean to hit the guard with the car? That's nice that you hope he kills himself based on a vague article about something you know absolutely nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well he'd be no loss IMO:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

phasers wrote: »
    But he pleaded guilty :confused:
    He pleaded guilty to burglaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

The Jury aquitted him. They had the evidence to base an opinion.

Sure the AH way , hang him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

wut? he robbed a car, ran over a guard, pleaded guilty also had previous offences and he was found not guilty? I think i speak for most people here when i say tell me where the jury gets their weed....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

emanresu wrote: »
    He pleaded guilty to burglaries.
    McGrenaghan, 19, of Gortnathraw, Cashel, Kerrykeel had previously pleaded guilty of dangerous driving causing the death of Garda McCallion, 29 and also stealing a car

Reminds me of this recent case

In this country, if you want to kill someone and get away with it, use a car.

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    He pleaded guillty to dangerous driving, which resulted in the death of the guard. He didn't plead guilty to hitting him intentionally, which is what he was on trial for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Charlie.

pwd wrote: »
    They decided he didn't mean to hit the guard with the car. Why do you assume he did mean to hit the guard with the car?

involuntary manslaughter: where the accused unintentionally kills the deceased

How can anyone deny that his actions lead to the death of an innocent young man only doing his job! Absolute joke!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They decided he didn't mean to hit the guard with the car. Why do you assume he did mean to hit the guard with the car? That's nice that you hope he kills himself based on a vague article about something you know absolutely nothing about.

I know reading about this waste of space he will be no loss

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Oh, I missed that bit. So there must have been separate charges and pleas for the dangerous driving and manslaughter.

Edit: This was in reply to post no.10. Forgot to quote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Regards to the young mans family must be a very hard time for them.

Is manslaughter usually attached to dangerous driving charges resulting in death?

he should have at least got some sort of sentence even community service.

edit: he robbed the car and is still on the streets???

even if he didnt mean to kill the man he robbed a car!

Charlie. wrote: »
    involuntary manslaughter: where the accused unintentionally kills the deceased

How can anyone deny that his actions lead to the death of an innocent young man only doing his job! Absolute joke!!
    Manslaughter is when a person purposefully harms someone, and accidentally kills them while doing so.

An accident is when a person accidentally harms someone, and they die.

Nobody is arguing that the young man's actions didn't cause the the death of the guard. He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing his death.

Funny how you people stayed quiet about the guard who drove down two pedestrians in Limerick recently. Two people were killed in that instance. Do you hope he kills himself too? Maybe you hope he kills himself and the person he cares about most, because two people were killed that time.

Manslaughter is when a person purposefully harms someone, and accidentally kills them while doing so.

Nobody is arguing that the young man's actions didn't cause the the death of the guard. He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing his death.

Funny how you people stayed quiet about the guard who drove down two pedestrians in Limerick recently. Two people were killed in that instance. Do you hope he kills himself too? Maybe you hope he kills himself and the person he cares about most, because two people were killed that time.

There is no comparison in the two accidents.

The 2 guys in that case were in the middle of a motorway fighting and the car they were in drove off..thats not normal behaviour

Why because good people can spot a case of scum a mile away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

So those ads were a guy who does drugs, hits a girl and goes to prison lied to us?????? WHAT IS REAL ANY MORE?!"!?!?!?!"£?$"$E!

• Advertisement

The 2 guys in that case were in the middle of a motorway fighting and the car they were in drove off..thats not normal behaviour

They were still killed

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Ah c'mon lads, clearly he is a victim of society and had no control over his actions.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    They were still killed

The were killed accidentally. It's not the same thing as what happened in Donegal, the driver here had a chance to stop and choose not to. He seen the guards on the road.

hondasam wrote: »
    The were killed accidentally. It's not the same thing as what happened in Donegal, the driver here had a chance to stop and choose not to. He seen the guards on the road.

I dont know wheter the people in either case saw the man, all i know was that three men are dead were they shouldnt be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

No. Manslaughter also includes recklessness. So they also decided he wasn't reckless when he steered towards the Garda.

I dont know wheter the people in either case saw the man, all i know was that three men are dead were they shouldnt be.

No 1 man doing his duty,the other 2 up too no good

They were still killed

There is absolutley no comparison between the 2 cases and it is absolutley ridiculous to try to compare them.

That case involved 2 men grappling on the ground on the overtaking lane of a motorway at night being struck by 2 gards coming home from work and apparently driving in a completley legal manner.

This case involves a scummer, escaping after an all night crime spree, driving in a dangerous manner striking and killing a Guard.

No comparison.

No 1 man doing his duty,the other 2 up too no good

Three men are dead im not lowering myself by breaking down their right to life based on their last actions

Limerick you had two men on the motorway fighting, driver did not see them on time.

Donegal you had driver in a car with three gardai wearing high vis jackets trying to stop him in a very visible patrol car.

There is no comparison.

• Advertisement

Poor fella make sure he gets legal aid,free house,benefits shur actually put him on disablity and give him a free travel pass...
    Poor 19 year old hes an angel shur

Thats the problem people wont just call the scum out,we have to tip toe round it and give this fcukers chances at every turn

Advertisement