Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Always wear a condom.

Options
  • 10-01-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

http://johnmryan.com/technology/boards-ie-are-the-moderators-fair/

When I see this kind of thing on forums I sometimes get the impression that the mods actions are really a manifestation of admins power tripping on the success and popularity of their forum, drawing up ridiculous sets of rules with the attitude that if people disagree, the ban button is the catch-all solution. I'm not saying that this is the case with boards.ie, but you surely could forgive someone for making that mistake.

http://www.politics.ie/current-affairs/26576-mods-boards-ie-need-take-pole-out-their-ass.html

my question is are these all false accusations, I do see a lot of mods throwing their weight around here but thats just my personal opinion. hopefully we can keep this thread open to see what the people who use boards think rather than a mod proving the point by closing it.

AlmightyCushion is brilliant and his penis is gigantic, some would even say dinosauric, suddenly the almightycushion wakes up, looks down under the covers and there it is, A PEANUT SIZED DISAPPOINTMENT he crys for a while and then just decides to have a little tug at it anyway

Who changed the poll? 141 votes

Rabies
    0% 0 votes
    Jesus
    46% 66 votes
    Doc Bollix
    36% 52 votes
    DeVore
    9% 14 votes
    Atari Uncle Tom
    6% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No...

.. just kidding - BAAAAAAAAAAAN HIM!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

In before the censorship :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope never happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

DONE TO DEATH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was raped by a Mod.

OK. I wan't raped, but I did say 'no',

OK, I did say 'no', but I meant 'yes'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

:D jesus lads you read my evidence fairly fast :D hve you looked at the links ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If by abusing their power you mean using illegally trafficked eastern european women to have sex with and snort high grade colombian blow, then yes, yes they do abuse their power.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,408 ✭✭✭✭kippy

No but they abuse the Hookers and Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Yes.

But i can't give reasons. They'll make me regret it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

superfish wrote: »
    http://johnmryan.com/technology/boards-ie-are-the-moderators-fair/

When I see this kind of thing on forums I sometimes get the impression that the mods actions are really a manifestation of admins power tripping on the success and popularity of their forum, drawing up ridiculous sets of rules with the attitude that if people disagree, the ban button is the catch-all solution. I'm not saying that this is the case with boards.ie, but you surely could forgive someone for making that mistake.

http://www.politics.ie/current-affairs/26576-mods-boards-ie-need-take-pole-out-their-ass.html

my question is are these all false accusations, I do see a lot of mods throwing their weight around here but thats just my personal opinion. hopefully we can keep this thread open to see what the people who use boards think rather than a mod proving the point by closing it.

As long as you accept that there are two sets of rules; one for mods and one for us plebs you'll be grand.

Mods are gods...or at least think they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

AlmightyCushion is brilliant and his penis is gigantic, some would even say dinosauric.

i agree with this point OP 100% :)

:D jesus lads you read my evidence fairly fast :D hve you looked at the links ? :confused:

read the links........lmfao it's after hours and nearly 11pm ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I was raped by a Mod.

OK. I wan't raped, but I did say 'no',

OK, I did say 'no', but I meant 'yes'.
    Tramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TheZohan wrote: »
    Mods are gods...or at least think they are.
    "Through Him, with Him, in Him, in the unity of the Holy Basquille"

Like the sound of that! :pac:

<Snip>

No, no they do not.

All hail General Krull!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

racso1975 wrote: »
    read the links........lmfao it's after hours and nearly 11pm ffs

would it still be after hours if it was before 11 ffs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I think this website would be absolute carnage without them.
    They do a job that they dont have to do or need to do. I respect them for it. Ive had infractions and been banned myself and can say Ive deserved them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Devil08 wrote: »
    I think this website would be absolute carnage without them.
    They do a job that they dont have to do or need to do. I respect them for it. Ive had infractions and been banned myself and can say Ive deserved them all.

So, what's you mod alt account?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

basquille wrote: »
    "Through Him, with Him, in Him, in the unity of the Holy Basquille"

"All control of threads and posts are his, now and forever".

• Advertisement

would it still be after hours if it was before 11 ffs ?

bingo! See how easy you derailed your own thread. Amateur. You aint gonna be a mod now

I did. Nothing to see here. Move along people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

alwaysadub wrote: »
    So, what's you mod alt account?

Never been a mod, dont want to be one either. Id rather sit back and laugh at those getting banned for their outragous posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Duh! Of course they do, thats what being a mod is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Ah c'mon they aint Sherdog mods ;)

wow this really makes me proud to be Irish the intelligence levels of my fellow countrymen is something to behold :P I think we are ready for nuclear weapons if this forum is anything to go by :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I love the way on that johnmryan.com site if you reply to his posts about how evil and controlling boards is it tells you that all comments have to be approved before they become visible.

Is JohnMRyan.com abusing its power???? OMG!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

What if both people that post on his blog turn against him? He will not approve their posts and then nobody will be posting, it'll just be him chatting to himself on the web, giving out about getting banned from boards..... all by himself?

Devil08 wrote: »
    Ive had infractions and been banned myself and can say Ive deserved them all.
    Masochist. :D 'Nooo.. Not the whip! Noooo.... Oooooohhhh....'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

wow this really makes me proud to be Irish the intelligence levels of my fellow countrymen is something to behold :P I think we are ready for nuclear weapons if this forum is anything to go by :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lol :D:D f.uc.k sake im meant to be up at 7am now im stuck here :D

Advertisement