Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto Win. Who would you tell, would you stay anonymous?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

would wait 2 weeks or so after winning, quit my job and serve out my notice , then just tell everyone i got a far better job then slowly start buying things

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Family and OH and 2 best friends and that's it I think.
    I think I would still work as you'd need to have a lot more than a few million to keep you for life.
    If it came out anyway, well, I could always try lying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Think I'd keep it quiet till I finish my degree, then throw a big party, announce my winnings to everyone, and feck off for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Irish lotto, you have the choice
    20,000 euro extra if you go public with the Irish lotto

Afaik with the Euromillions they force you to go public

Nowhere makes you publicly declare you've won anymore since this- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Thorne_kidnapping -happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think I would still work as you'd need to have a lot more than a few million to keep you for life.

Really? :confused:
    Interest alone would keep one person reasonably content, I'd have thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Ficheall wrote: »

You could buy a business too and make more money off that...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Ficheall wrote: »

You'll get 20k interest in one year on 1 million with rabbo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I would put my family on the ticket and spread it out. I could spend a million or two without it showing. No interest in cars, might add another bike, but nothing too obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Would keep it quiet, but would probably move out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I would'nt tell anybody accept for my immediate family Parents/Sisters and Brothers dont trust anyone expect for my family.

everyone wish me luck tonight I played 2 lines on the all or nothing
    standing at the checkout tonight some granny in of me front got
    5 quickpicks for that game madness €10 me I only spent €4.I hate when I over hear the next customer asking for quickpicks I always think it be me I have to play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

id try stay totally anonymous just divide it up among my immediate family and spend very little to avoid suspicion

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Id remain anon, tell family id won 30k and go on a month long holiday with my boyfriend and son. Then come back and see a finance adviser.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

ladypip wrote: »
    Id remain anon, tell family id won 30k and go on a month long holiday with my boyfriend and son. Then come back and see a finance adviser.

I hear Anglo have some great advisors.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

:D

Ill go to Anglo then they seem like a responsible group!

Advertisement