Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Same here, its going to be brilliant... cant wait to see what people make with the new tools they're giving us...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The FPS levels look gas the wolfenstein one didnt look great but still made me laugh.

Its getting great reviews even the Edge gave it 9/10 that must be the highest score a PS3 exclusive has ever gottten off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

The FPS levels look gas the wolfenstein one didnt look great but still made me laugh.

Its getting great reviews even the Edge gave it 9/10 that must be the highest score a PS3 exclusive has ever gottten off them.

They gave the first LittleBigPlanet a 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Well the demo is pretty good.

I'm not sure about the grappling hook as it tends to grab other sackboys in multiplayer rather than your intended target.

Also the cuddly toys thing seems like a good idea but im unsure.

Need to play it a bit more...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

they said the graphics were improved by ALOT...i noticed nothing, was LBP1 with a grabbling hook thing

• Advertisement

No there was no grappling hook in the first LBP.
    You could grab things, thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

eddhorse wrote: »
    No there was no grappling hook in the first LBP.
    You could grab things, thats about it.

i know i meant its basicly LBP1 with a grappling hook, saw no graphics updrade like they said

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't wait for this.

graphics mean nothing... gameplay is king... and LBP has unreal gameplay...

Korvanica wrote: »
    graphics mean nothing... gameplay is king... and LBP has unreal gameplay...

I think LBP had amazing graphics anyway. The textures and detail and all in the different materials was fantastic. The lighting and all that was great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

This and Killzone 3 are the reason I got the PS Move. I loved LBP1, it looked truly amazing, ans was such a simple concept, but yet one of the greatest games of all time.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I think LBP had amazing graphics anyway. The textures and detail and all in the different materials was fantastic. The lighting and all that was great too.

Im the same, my last comment was directed at an above posters comments about graphics... who cares if theyre not updated.. they look awesome...

This and Killzone 3 are the reason I got the PS Move. I loved LBP1, it looked truly amazing, ans was such a simple concept, but yet one of the greatest games of all time.

Played Sackboys prehistoric adventure yet? Its class... hope there are loads of levels made like this for LBP 2

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Im the same, my last comment was directed at an above posters comments about graphics... who cares if theyre not updated.. they look awesome...

Played Sackboys prehistoric adventure yet? Its class... hope there are loads of levels made like this for LBP 2
    There is no new move compatable levels in LBP2 , confirmed in review I pasted above

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

"In the right hands, RoboBun is lethal, like a sharpened sausage".

:)

opengoal wrote: »
    There is no new move compatable levels in LBP2 , confirmed in review I pasted above

Boo!!

I wonder will they allow users to add the move stuff in...Maybe in a future update if not initialkly

Boo!!

I wonder will they allow users to add the move stuff in...Maybe in a future update if not initialkly

Out of the box, there is very little Move compatabity, but there is gonna be an update patch to have more Move options in the game. And apparently, it could be out within a month after the game (can't remember where i read it, so no link. Sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Out of the box, there is very little Move compatabity, but there is gonna be an update patch to have more Move options in the game. And apparently, it could be out within a month after the game (can't remember where i read it, so no link. Sorry)

When you finish the last level of Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves a notice comes up saying that a patch will come 'soon' to LBP2 adding Move features. I'm guessing it'll be stuff like using Move when making levels and maybe the special pink material that you manipulate with the Move controller when playing Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves.

My credit cards feelin a bit violated lately, so i must pick up a PSN Store card and get Prehistoric Moves.

^^

Same for me.....

My credit cards feelin a bit violated lately, so i must pick up a PSN Store card and get Prehistoric Moves.

Scratch that, Prehistoric Moves is gonna be on the LBP 2 game disc.

From IGN:
    Are there PlayStation Move levels in LittleBigPlanet 2? No, there aren't. However, on the disc is Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves. This is a LBP demo that uses Move. The game is already available on the PlayStation Network, but buying LittleBigPlanet 2 gives you access as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Oops! I should have mentioned that, sorry! That would have been annoying to throw down money for something you'll be getting for free with the full game.

As for the Move patch, I just read the very informative release date of 'Spring'. Create mode also has keyboard and mouse support, I'll be trying that out!

GothPunk wrote: »
    Oops! I should have mentioned that, sorry! That would have been annoying to throw down money for something you'll be getting for free with the full game.

As for the Move patch, I just read the very informative release date of 'Spring'. Create mode also has keyboard and mouse support, I'll be trying that out!

Awesome, i might actually have a go at making some levels this time round then, didn't using the controller to create stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Brought to you be Kevin Butler VP of infinite infinity

Varik wrote: »
    Brought to you be Kevin Butler VP of infinite infinity

Brilliant !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

out friday, reviews are looking good at an average of 93%

last one was good fun, but i did not have many friends playing online. level creation again looks confusing, but i will put a bit of time into it this time as i am not playing much call of duty at the moment.

any else getting it ?

edit: just seen there is already a thread on ps3 forum ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, but this is the right place for it.

This is going to be brilliant. Days spent in level creation, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

havent spent 100 of hours playing lbp1 i can honestly say is im proud to play with my sack-Boy XD , endless hours of fun. cant wait to see what people create

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Good news everyone (aka where Dav hijacks the thread)!

I'm getting to meet 2 of the Little Big Planet 2 developers on Friday (James Spafford and Mark Stephenson of Media Molecule) and should be getting an interview with them, so if people have any questions for them, please post them up here!

2smiggy wrote: »
    out friday.

??

isnt it out wednesday

• Advertisement

Think it's Friday here, tomorrow in US. That's the way it usually works anyway.

edit: Yup Friday 21st according to amazon.co.uk

Advertisement