Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Give eircom good advice and you could win €100

Options
  • 08-12-2010 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hello there and welcome to the new eircom Talk to forum.

We've been working with the eircom team for a while in preparing this forum and we're delighted to welcome Mark, Tony, Ant and Eleanor onto the site to help you with any queries you have.

With this in mind, they're looking for your help. What do you think is the best piece of advice you could give them coming on to Boards.ie?

The best post or tip will win a €100 One for All Voucher.

Just post below and the best post received today, Wednesday 8th December, as judged between eircom and ourselves will win the voucher.

Good luck!

Darragh

T&C - This competition is open to all members of Boards.ie over 16 years of age. No cash alternative available. The winner will be contacted by PM. Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. eircom reserves the right to substitute items/activities of a greater or equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

Hi

I couldnt post a reply on your competition link so I hope its ok to do so here. My advice is to be honest with customers, keep them updated with any problems etc and always keep them informed.

Thanks

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ciaglen wrote: »
    Hi

I couldnt post a reply on your competition link so I hope its ok to do so here. My advice is to be honest with customers, keep them updated with any problems etc and always keep them informed.

Thanks

C

Hi ciaglen.

Thanks for the advice, any help we get is greatly appreciated.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Tell the truth.

Trust me on this. If you don't know something, don't lie about it. Say you need time to figure it out. We don't mind getting told that if we know it's the truth.

Once you get caught out ONCE with a lie, credibility will be shot to pieces and you may as well forget about using this as a valid tool. Boards.ie members tend to have a long memory.

Aside from that, welcome to Boards! hope your time here is enjoyable!

RedXIV wrote: »
    Tell the truth.

Trust me on this. If you don't know something, don't lie about it. Say you need time to figure it out. We don't mind getting told that if we know it's the truth.

Once you get caught out ONCE with a lie, credibility will be shot to pieces and you may as well forget about using this as a valid tool. Boards.ie members tend to have a long memory.

Aside from that, welcome to Boards! hope your time here is enjoyable!

Hi RedXIV,

Thanks for the tip, I am sure that no customer will be lied to. We might not give customers the answer they were hoping for but we will always try our best.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

Sometimes, late at night, maybe after a few tipples at your local hostelry, you may log onto Boards.ie and casually run your cursor over the menu at the top of the screen.

Everything looks sensible and organised. You see forums where thousands of people contribute daily to discussion and debate. A great resource for the community.

But as you peruse the forum titles, one heading seems odd. What is this After Hours? Should I click in to see what goes on in there? Curiosity takes hold....

...then BAM! Like a car on black ice you are sucked into a wormhole of absurdity. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Thread titles will jump out at you, but somehow or another they all branch off the central theme of "My junkie foreign taxi driver got free money from Bank of Ireland while the Gardai beat me for no reason with free Government cheese".

Most curiously however is why do these people keep referring to your mother so much.

Welcome to Boards.ie, the home of the After Hours phenomenon. You've been warned....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Hi
    Run lots of competitions please.
    Welcome to boards.

ChainWhip wrote: »
    Sometimes, late at night, maybe after a few tipples at your local hostelry, you may log onto Boards.ie and casually run your cursor over the menu at the top of the screen.

Everything looks sensible and organised. You see forums where thousands of people contribute daily to discussion and debate. A great resource for the community.

But as you peruse the forum titles, one heading seems odd. What is this After Hours? Should I click in to see what goes on in there? Curiosity takes hold....

...then BAM! Like a car on black ice you are sucked into a wormhole of absurdity. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Thread titles will jump out at you, but somehow or another they all branch off the central theme of "My junkie foreign taxi driver got free money from Bank of Ireland while the Gardai beat me for no reason with free Government cheese".

Most curiously however is why do these people keep referring to your mother so much.

Welcome to Boards.ie, the home of the After Hours phenomenon. You've been warned....

Chain Whip.

That's quite detailed and a little abstract but we will take all the help and advice we can get.

Many Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

I would go with just this small piece of advice.

The search option above is a wonderful tool, It should be used often.
    You'll find that no matter what thread you'd like to create,chances are its already there.
    Even if Eircom have a new promo coming up,chances are its already in Bargain alerts.

To recap, search search search.

Rgrds

eliza64 wrote: »
    Hi
    Run lots of competitions please.
    Welcome to boards.

Hi eliza64,

We will try and run as many competitions as possible

Thanks for the warm greetings.

Mark

jaybee747 wrote: »
    I would go with just this small piece of advice.

The search option above is a wonderful tool, It should be used often.
    You'll find that no matter what thread you'd like to create,chances are its already there.
    Even if Eircom have a new promo coming up,chances are its already in Bargain alerts.

To recap, search search search.

Rgrds

Hi Jaybe747,

We have been using boards and learning as much as we can before going live so we're getting comfortable with boards. Thanks for the advice will keep track of all the boards as much as possible.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Some people will go out of their way to hassle and annoy you, and possibly insult you because they're not getting the answers they want to hear.

Don't let it get under your skin and be cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Don't mention TPB :)

Some people will go out of their way to hassle and annoy you, and possibly insult you because they're not getting the answers they want to hear.

Don't let it get under your skin and be cool :)

Thanks, cherryghost

Nice to see you here as well

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Don't mention TPB :)

Lol.
    Hi again lads, good to see ye finally out in the open boards :)

No advice for ye other than remind people not to shoot the messenger,you're just doing your job and didn't personally do whatever it is they're complaining about.

I'll be back to give out about the company blocking sites later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Posting on boards.ie is a great opportunity for Eircom; it will be a lot easier for some customers to throw up a quick question here rather than phoning (and having to deal with various options etc).

So my tip is simply sign-in regularly and reply to people - even if you are dealing with their query in the background just let them know that, once people don't feel like they are being ignored they will be alot happier, no matter what the issue is!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ihateclowns11

For the love off god eircom drop your prices, 1 idea would be to get rid off your landline charge,i am on the verge off leaving eircom because off the expense off my 2 monthly bill,nearly all my friends have left allready and i am on the verge off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Always be honest and don't take it personal.

Also run a lot of competitions that's always good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Nerin wrote: »
    Lol.
    Hi again lads, good to see ye finally out in the open boards :)

No advice for ye other than remind people not to shoot the messenger,you're just doing your job and didn't personally do whatever it is they're complaining about.

I'll be back to give out about the company blocking sites later ;)

Thanks Nerin,

Feels good to be finally out in board-isia! It's also resting to know that not everyone will be out to shoot the messenger.
    Hope you are as excited after receiving your first open reply from an eircom boards.

Otherwise... bring it on and we'll try our best to help you out!
    Take care
    Ant :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Welcome,

Advice for boards.ie has already been give
    1) be honest, you will be caught and discredited
    2) search, and encourage others to do so.

Other than that, I'd love to hear Eircom recant its draconian 3 strikes rule publicly. Recording companies should not dictate and control the internet.

I'd love an Eircom press release promoting Net Neutrality.

So many of my friends (including myself, and separately my family) have left Eircom on principle because of the 3 strikes rule. Competitive pricing and a reversal of Eircoms current stance may encourage many to switch back for Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hi Eircom,
    Welcome to boards!!
    My advice is to remember the customer is always right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Welcome.

The best piece of advice I could give is to reduce the cost of your fixed line broadband bundles down to the level being charged by Vodafone and offer a consistent service and all the disgruntled vodafone/ex-BT customers will come flocking back, just have a look at the ..talk to Vodafone forum pages for proof!

Good luck!

For the love off god eircom drop your prices, 1 idea would be to get rid off your landline charge,i am on the verge off leaving eircom because off the expense off my 2 monthly bill,nearly all my friends have left allready and i am on the verge off it.

Hi ihateclowns11,

If you private message me with your telephone number or eircom account number and outline what you are looking for I can see if we can improve your package.

Thank, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

My advice here is to remember the Customer is king, To be treated at all times the way you wish to be treated. All your staff need to remember that in some form they are a customer and as such when something is wrong how do they react and what would they expect from the support agents.

With this in mind:-
    1) Treat all customers with the respect they deserve - we work very hard and in these times things like DSL are not cheap! please remember we are paying you all for a service that is to be supplied
    2) Make sure to respond to ALL queries in a timely manner
    3) If you say you will contact a customer at a set time make sure it happens NO MATTER WHAT!
    4) Give customer time to vent - then take control of the situation and empathize Never sympathize it is condescending to the customer.
    6) Attention to Detail - Get all agents recording all information spoken or written no matter how trivial it may seem at the time. This can clear issues up in moments should they arrive.

I have lots more but these are key.

Darren

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What do you think is the best piece of advice you could give them coming on to Boards.ie?

I Think the best piece of Advice is to be honnest. If I ask a question and you dont have the info off hand. Thats Fine. Let me know that your researching it, and That you'll get back to me. Nobody expectes you to have a magic ball in front of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

be informative. by that I mean that if someone opens a thread with a query or problem, and then that discussion is taken to PM, at least come back to the original thread and give a summary of how/if the query or problem was resolved.
    I have been following the 'talk to 3' forum, and have looked at numerous threads there with titles I can relate to, only to see the 'PM me and we will see what we can do' line rolled out at the end of it.
    It might also remove the chance of getting repetitive queries again and again and again and.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aidann

Do stuff like this thread, ask Boards.ie members do they think the things your doing (and also might introduce) is a good idea or not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Hi Eircom.
    Another menu option for customers dialling 1901 would be nice:

To speak with an agent say 'Agent'
    To report a fault, say 'Fault Report'
    To make a payment or discuss your bill, say 'Payment'
    If you have had a horrible day and wish to just shout at someone, say 'AAAAAAGGGGHHHRRHHHH'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Impose reasonable caps on your BB products. 10GB is ludicrous in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

In the case of customers calling to troubleshoot their xbox connection, and its a problem with their ports/NAT etc. please do not bounce them back to xbox support. Its very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Joan125

Reply To EVERYBODY ! and if you don't know the answer to what their asking ask them to explain their problem more or just tell them you need more time (as a fellow member commented). Just don't leave people without a reply because I know that there is nothing more frustrating than that and I think everybody else will agree with me.
    Welcome to boards
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement