Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gallery opening in Limerick.

Options
  • 06-12-2010 12:21am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a new gallery opening in Limerick on Wednesday (8th) in The Milk Market in the city centre. Scarlett68 is the inspiration, brains and management behind the operation and I'm artistic director.

The gallery will be a permanent home for my own work but we'll also be rotationaly hosting other local artists working in different mediums.

For Boards.ie we hope that at some point we can do ocassional exhibits of members' work. We'd like to arrange that members from the west of Ireland come together and put on collective displays at some point in the future and we'll start a thread about such when the space is available.

The gallery is called Elalgallery and facebooked here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elalgallery/163396090347668?ref=mf

The official launch with wine and stuff is in late January / early Feb but the shop is opening on Wednesday the 8th of Dec so if you're in or about Limerick city then drop in and say hello.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Best of luck with this!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

best of luck with it....will have to visit....Boards photo excursion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

PCPhoto wrote: »
    best of luck with it....will have to visit....Boards photo excursion

It'd be worth going just for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Excellent.

But is it Wednesday the 8th or Thursday 9th?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Excellent.

But is it Wednesday the 8th or Thursday 9th?

Oh...eh... Wednesday the 8th. :)

edit: fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

humberklog wrote: »
    Oh...eh... Wednesday the 8th. :)

edit: fixed.

Ehmmm...You had it mentioned twice in OP ;)

Oh, and of course well done, but you know that, don't ya?

xia wrote: »
    Ehmmm...You had it mentioned twice in OP ;)

Ahem ....fixed and fixed. So ok it's Wed the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Best of luck with this buddy. I hope you'll take them all by storm ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

humberklog wrote: »
    I've a new gallery opening in Limerick on Wednesday (8th) in The Milk Market in the city centre. Scarlett68 is the inspiration, brains and management behind the operation and I'm artistic director.

The gallery will be a permanent home for my own work but we'll also be rotationaly hosting other local artists working in different mediums.

For Boards.ie we hope that at some point we can do ocassional exhibits of members' work. We'd like to arrange that members from the west of Ireland come together and put on collective displays at some point in the future and we'll start a thread about such when the space is available.

The gallery is called Elalgallery and facebooked here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elalgallery/163396090347668?ref=mf

The official launch with wine and stuff is in late January / early Feb but the shop is opening on Wednesday the 8th of Dec so if you're in or about Limerick city then drop in and say hello.

Congrats and well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

HuZZaH

Cool beans!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great to see someone sticking their head above the parapet these days of doom and gloom, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

phog wrote: »
    Great to see someone sticking their head above the parapet these days of doom and gloom, best of luck.

agree 100 % , its things like this that will help Ireland recover

phog wrote: »

Thanks phog...ah it's the perfect time for such a venture :o:pac:. Makes it more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'll call by tomorrow. Where abouts is it based. Well done

swingking wrote: »
    I'll call by tomorrow. Where abouts is it based. Well done

Just a heads up, while we are opening tomorrow it will be a bit all over the place as it will takes us a few weeks to get fully stocked up so do indeed drop by but you will be looking at a work in progress with regards to stock etc. It's next door to the Kaos cafe.

I'll be there myself from 1 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

Ah good luck Humberklog! I'm sure it will do really well with you behind it! :D

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

From Limerick City, going into town in a while, might drop by and see what its like in there ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Congrats and well done HK. Best of luck with the new venture.

Didn't get down until much later than expected today but worked on through the evening to get it somewhat there (thanks scarlett68:)). So doors were shut most of the day. Gonna be there myself all day tomorrow from morning on until evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Toby_2010

ill do my best to drop up tomorrow to have a look! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

How did your first 2 days go?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Great news, the new Milk Market in a great spot and this is a brilliant boost for it.
    Unfortunately I've recently moved away from Limerick, and Ireland so I won't get to see the gallery for awhile :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Ah deadly :D Will be down maybe over christmas. Are you there much yourself HK?

sineadw wrote: »
    Ah deadly :D Will be down maybe over christmas. Are you there much yourself HK?

Gonna be there at least every 2 weeks but hoping every week for at leat one day.

Today was first proper sales day and went really, really well. Still fine tuning to be done re T-Shirts, carpet, projector, signage and of course stock but in a way it's just really nice to have loads of space and not have to trying to display too much and making it too busy and fussy looking.
    Sure there's plenty of time to allow it to evolve as official launch is not for few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Who would've guessed all that at PP2009? Looking forward to the official opening:)

xia wrote: »
    Who would've guessed all that at PP2009? Looking forward to the official opening:)

Yeah...who'd have thunk it:pac:. Will give you good advance notice of official launch (and you better come along:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm in Limerick on the 29th - will you be there or on the 30th - love to see it ?

b

thebaz wrote: »
    I'm in Limerick on the 29th - will you be there or on the 30th - love to see it ?

b

Not yet sure of opening days over chrimbo but will do in next week or so. I'm hoping to get down between xmas day and new years but gotta see how the days work out. but if I'm not there myself then my bis partner may well have it open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

didn't say it before but good luck with this. delighted to see it happen for you. really, realy, hoping it works out.

Advertisement