Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

decies wrote: »
    Lads any idea of the distance between bewleys new lands cross to the aviva and approx cost of taxi ? Thanks .
    About €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cienciano wrote: »
    About €25

As part of the tailgate party in temple bar there will be free shuttle buses running from outside central bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Raoul wrote: »
    As part of the tailgate party in temple bar there will be free shuttle buses running from outside central bank
    Going to the stadium?

I managed to pick up two tickets for a little more than face value :D should be a great atmosphere on the day. Heres hoping for some good weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Raoul wrote: »

Probably be as quick or quicker to walk, 25 min walk from temple bar, Traffic a nightmare near the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Going to the stadium?

I managed to pick up two tickets for a little more than face value :D should be a great atmosphere on the day. Heres hoping for some good weather!

Where did you manage to get your hands on them at face value? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi folks,

Anyone help me out on worst day ever?

Was pick pocketed this evening in town, on pay day, after withdrawing €700 in cash from the ATM, and yes, you guessed it, my tickets were in my wallet, as well as my work ID pass and yearly bus eireann and Dart ticket....so all in a very expensive and super-sh!t day! :(

Just looking for one ticket for myself - the OH (who the other ticket was for) is not that bothered.

Mods, apologies in advance if you're not allowed ask this type of question....genuine mistake. Bit tired and emotional after my "fantastic" day...

Slight update....got my wallet (emptied) and bus and rail pass back this morning (my faith in humanity is somewhat restored) but still ticketless :(

If anyone has 1 (just 1!) to spare (I will pay for it!), please PM me.

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Where did you manage to get your hands on them at face value? Thanks
    Slightly more than face value, well 100 euro each but hey. I got them through a friend on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

decies wrote: »
    Lads any idea of the distance between bewleys new lands cross to the aviva and approx cost of taxi ? Thanks .

Yeah, you're better off getting the red line Luas from Red Cow to Jervis. After that you can walk to Temple Bar, take in the pep rally and then get one of the free shuttle buses from the Central Bank.

Slightly more than face value, well 100 euro each but hey. I got them through a friend on twitter

Happy days! Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 worm_tongue

Anyone get tickets for the Pep rally tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone get tickets for the Pep rally tonight?
    I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than go to that thing. I would probably stick around town for the Navy one if I wasn't going to the high school games

• Registered Users Posts: 47 worm_tongue

Will it be rubbish? American guy I work with is going. Said it will be a "Blast"!!!

Will it be rubbish? American guy I work with is going. Said it will be a "Blast"!!!
    If listening to the likes of Enda Kenny and Miriam O'Callaghan speak about how great Oireland is and if Brian f&€king Kennedy singing is your thing, well then it will be a blast. But for the rest of us, it sounds like hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

lafors wrote: »
    For anyone who wants a chance to get on to see the USS Fort McHenry you can apply for the lottery draw here....

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/uss-fort-mchenry.html

we managed to get onto this for Sunday. Thanks to the poster.....my boys (3 & 1) are going to love this......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just to confirm lads got an email from aviva this morning-
    Padraic,

All bars will be selling alcohol and you can drink at the seats as well.

Regards,
    Silva Dorang

• Advertisement

Tickets are available again. Get 'em while they're hot!

JJ wrote: »
    Tickets are available again. Get 'em while they're hot!

where??

Of course, sorry. Picked up 2 for 110euro all in. lower Cusack. Delighted!!

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭boccy23

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Of course, sorry. Picked up 2 for 110euro all in. lower Cusack. Delighted!!

Thanks for your help.

Are you sure you're at the right game? ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for posting that - I managed to get 1. Ater the week I have had this is the first time I've smiled :)

Thanks again!

Quick question for those in the know....can I bring my super dooper camers or do I have to rely on my iphone? As in if I take the good one to the stadium will I be told "sorry bud, you can't bring that in".....:eek:

Quick question for those in the know....can I bring my super dooper camers or do I have to rely on my iphone? As in if I take the good one to the stadium will I be told "sorry bud, you can't bring that in".....:eek:

According to http://www.avivastadium.ie:

"The use of cameras will be permitted inside the stadium for the Emerald Isle Classic subject to the following criteria: Cameras with lenses of more than 3 inches in length are not permitted inside the grounds due to safety concerns as well as their potential to impede the view of other patrons sitting in close proximity. If you require further guidance on this please contact the stadium directly in advance of game day. Patrons are not permitted to bring food and beverages into the stadium."

According to http://www.avivastadium.ie:

"The use of cameras will be permitted inside the stadium for the Emerald Isle Classic subject to the following criteria: Cameras with lenses of more than 3 inches in length are not permitted inside the grounds due to safety concerns as well as their potential to impede the view of other patrons sitting in close proximity. If you require further guidance on this please contact the stadium directly in advance of game day. Patrons are not permitted to bring food and beverages into the stadium."

Thanks for that!

I look forward to debating lens length with the security staff!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Thanks for that!

I look forward to debating lens length with the security staff!!! :D

There will be no debate. Their decision is what counts, and if you don't like it, they will ask you to leave. ;)

Paulw wrote: »
    There will be no debate. Their decision is what counts, and if you don't like it, they will ask you to leave. ;)

yeah, I know...that's the problem! I was being a little sarcastic in my last post re. debating. But what to do? I'm going on my own so can't really take the chance and the camera is too good and expensive to leave outside (:rolleyes:). iPhone it is so I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

But what to do? I'm going on my own so can't really take the chance and the camera is too good and expensive to leave outside (:rolleyes:).

I'll mind it for you, if you need. I'll be bringing my camera with me .... but then again, I do have a press pass. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Got a couple of galleries from the practice sessions up:

http://nfl-ireland.com/2012/08/notre-dame-and-navy-touch-down-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Went to ticketmaster, got the standard;

Sorry!

No seats available at this time?
    Keep checking back – sometimes reserved seats are released before the event.
    Need accessible seats? Click “Request Accessible Tickets” at the top right of this map.

so pressed refresh, and couldnt believe my luck when two tickets poped up in the East Lower for €50 each, so typed in the Lsnfkrier 77 crappy security job, and was told the tickets were gone;

easy come easy go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Apparently, the wife has bought 2 tickets off a work colleague who can't go! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Just to confirm lads got an email from aviva this morning-
    Padraic,

All bars will be selling alcohol and you can drink at the seats as well.

Regards,
    Silva Dorang
    Woo hoo! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Buttersuki, just curious... did you contact ticketmaster to see if they could do anything about your stolen tickets? I know you've already got sorted for one ticket now, but if you could get the stolen ones re-issued, you and the girlfrield could still go together as planned and sell the one you bought this morning.

I dunno, maybe there's nothing they could do, but worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

mtdelany wrote: »
    Went to ticketmaster, got the standard;

Sorry!

No seats available at this time?
    Keep checking back – sometimes reserved seats are released before the event.
    Need accessible seats? Click “Request Accessible Tickets” at the top right of this map.

so pressed refresh, and couldnt believe my luck when two tickets poped up in the East Lower for €50 each, so typed in the Lsnfkrier 77 crappy security job, and was told the tickets were gone;

easy come easy go

Yeah, the tickets aren't reserved until after you've entered the CAPTCHA. Same thing kept happening me the other night, but I was lucky enough to refresh just when around 30 tickets went on sale, so got one. Keep trying and keep an eye on this thread, I'd say.

Does anyone know what time things kick off at in the stadium tomorrow? I know the game starts at 2, but will there be anything on before it at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Boom 2 tickets for 109 all in!!
    Block 101 row j. Right on the touch line by the looks of it, hope our view isn't restricted but just dyin for the buzz really!

Cheers to the guy who posted that they were on sale again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Block 103, row J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Buttersuki, just curious... did you contact ticketmaster to see if they could do anything about your stolen tickets? I know you've already got sorted for one ticket now, but if you could get the stolen ones re-issued, you and the girlfrield could still go together as planned and sell the one you bought this morning.

I dunno, maybe there's nothing they could do, but worth a try.

Yeah, I lost tickets before for a music gig. Cancelled them with ticketmaster, and then collected new ones from the ticketmaster office at the gig.

Provided you have the reference number or bought them with a ticketmaster account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm in row W of the lower West Stand. Anyone any idea how far up that is? Will we be affected by all the people, bands, press, TV cameras that are on the sideline for any football game?

boccy23 wrote: »
    I'm in row W of the lower West Stand. Anyone any idea how far up that is? Will we be affected by all the people, bands, press, TV cameras that are on the sideline for any football game?
    You'll be grand I'd say. Anything about the first 10 rows is not really affected

boccy23 wrote: »

Just like Wembley, they won't sell tickets for the first few rows because anyone sitting there would have their view blocked by all the players, coaches, etc on the sideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭davetherave

Got a couple of galleries from the practice sessions up:

http://nfl-ireland.com/2012/08/notre-dame-and-navy-touch-down-in-ireland/

Love that navy one with the onside kick. The focus on it is great.

GO AIRFORCE! NAVY!
    I'll be wearing my AF Falcons jersey tomorrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Love that navy one with the onside kick. The focus on it is great.

GO AIRFORCE! NAVY!
    I'll be wearing my AF Falcons jersey tomorrow though.

cheers! i was crapping myself they were gonna crash straight into me for that one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

What is instore for us at the tailgate in temple bar?

And will the one run by the rebels be better etc

Getting pretty excited about this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Just having a look at some of the betting lines, as I don't have a particular allegiance to either side, and gambling makes things more fun.

Spread: Navy +15/Notre Dame -15
    With the Irish projected to win by 15 points, whichever side you take here should make things a bit more interesting if Notre Dame are up by two touchdowns. I've gone for Navy +15 here, but it's an ill-informed view, just on the basis that travel can be disruptive, the early start time, Notre Dame have some suspensions and will be fielding a new QB.

Race to 10 points
    Notre Dame 1.37
    Navy 3.1

Stuck with my Navy allegiance for this one.

Game total: 54.5 points
    Over (rooting for scores is more fun).

First scoring play
    Notre Dame touchdown 1.8
    Notre Dame field-goal 4.8
    Navy touchdown 4.33
    Navy field-goal 5

Gone for a Notre Dame field-goal here, just seems a good price.

(Prices from Bet365)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Never been to the Aviva before, have tickets for the south stand, block 316 Premium level, are they any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

http://www.irishrugby.ie/aviva/map.php - click on map for view

http://www.seatpic.com/venue/184/aviva-stadium-dublin-ireland

you have the screen to the top right hand corner too which is handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Never been to the Aviva before, have tickets for the south stand, block 316 Premium level, are they any good?

Yes, right behind the goals, it will feel like you are playing Xbox

http://www.irishrugby.ie/stadiummap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pretty good, but you'll be behind one of the goals rather than along the sideline, but the view from that level is very good.

What row number are you in?

Check your view here:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/aviva/map.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Right behind the posts. This is a view from the section above yours

I'd imagine most people at this stage who are going have their tickets sorted and we know we can get beer and being in cameras so what about the game then?

Seeing as they're giving 15-16 points according to the bookies, I think its safe to say ND will probably win but I'm just hoping it stays tight for as long as possible and it doesn't turn into the 56-14 rout that it did last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just looking forward to seeing the new QB and see what the post-Floyd offence is like.

Cierre Wood missing tomorrow too.

Will be good to be there no matter what happens but like you I hope it's not a blowout. Won't be betting on the game but have done a few bets on other college games over the weekend...

• Advertisement
Advertisement