Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Father never had a full licence!

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi! I posted this here before and I was told to sto troll but I wasn't.
    Anyway my father is a 62 year old and he has neve had a full licence. He has a learners permit though. He does drive around by himself and I see him as a bad driver he makes alot of mistakes. He did d a few tests back in the 1990's but he failed all of them. He says that thy were out too get him.
    I really got sick of his driving and I booked him for a test and I told him he went through the roof with me. He says he won't do any lessons because he is such a skilled driver. I think he''ll do the test though. He is a very poor driver and he has no hope of passing. He says if he fails this time he'll hit them. I'm sorry now if he fails this time which I know he'll will. I have no idea what he'll do and it will be all my fault
    Any advice on what I sould do?
    please don't caall me a troll!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

lonelyguy wrote: »
    Hi! I posted this here before and I was told to sto troll but I wasn't.
    Anyway my father is a 62 year old and he has neve had a full licence. He has a learners permit though. He does drive around by himself and I see him as a bad driver he makes alot of mistakes. He did d a few tests back in the 1990's but he failed all of them. He says that thy were out too get him.
    I really got sick of his driving and I booked him for a test and I told him he went through the roof with me. He says he won't do any lessons because he is such a skilled driver. I think he''ll do the test though. He is a very poor driver and he has no hope of passing. He says if he fails this time he'll hit them. I'm sorry now if he fails this time which I know he'll will. I have no idea what he'll do and it will be all my fault
    Any advice on what I sould do?
    please don't caall me a troll!

Stop trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yes you posted this before and you were given loads of good advice. Your thread was never closed, so why open this new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

IBTL.... :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Your father is stubborn and stupid. Just leave him to his own devices. If he gets a summons and is brought to court, he will hopefully learn his lesson. Otherwise, you can do the harsh thing and report him yourself as he is breaing the law. It's up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lonelyguy

I am not trolling!
    If I were to report my father. Would he find out that I reported him?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,150 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Let him fail, hit the tester, get arrested and serve two weeks in Castlerea, might stop him being such a cocky old bollix (as I said in the previous thread)

And no, he'd not find out it was you but he might be able to guess who. Could just repeatedly phone his reg in to Trafficwatch for incidences and not leave your name...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

What advise do you expect to get this time around that you werent given the last time? Go back and read that thread again; there is some good advice in it.

My two cents worth is that if you feel he is genuinely a danger to someone by being on the road then you need to report him. It might seem harsh, he wont appreciate it, but Im sure hed think differently if it prevented him from having someones death on his conscience for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

djimi wrote: »
    My two cents worth is that if you feel he is genuinely a danger to someone by being on the road then you need to report him. It might seem harsh, he wont appreciate it, but Im sure hed think differently if it prevented him from having someones death on his conscience for the rest of his life.

+1

And not to forget having someones death on the OPs conscience too for failing to prevent an accident from going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

unkel wrote: »
    Yes you posted this before and you were given loads of good advice. Your thread was never closed, so why open this new one?

This thread already exists. Duplicate thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement