Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself 2010/2011 - Introductions only - No chat

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭

Thought I might as well get this started nice and early - sure the Leaving Cert results will be out soon anyway! Here's the format from last year (which was taken from the year before, and probably the year before, you get the idea! :pac:), but feel free to add/change as you wish:

Name:
    Year/Course:

Here's some link to clubs and societies, in case anyone wants to have a look.

So I guess I'll get things started:

Name: Aoibheann (I'm as shocked as you are!)
    Year/Course: SF Theoretical Physics
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I'll make a point of getting more involved in Mathsoc and Physoc this year, I shall be taking up a martial art with the lovely A Neurotic (who I'm sure shall be introducing himself at some point), I'll be working on TCD Miscellany a bit (one of those spelling/grammar checking types - though this post is likely to be littered with both) and I'll be hacking again. Hackidy hackidy hackidy (I may as well say it as Jonathan will most likely edit it in anyway..). :P

Oh, and seeing as Craguls mentioned it, I'll most likely be doing none of the above and instead be nerding it up in the hope of getting Schols. Maybe. Hopefully. >_>

(also, I didn't put in the no chat rule! *hides*)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Name: Dug
    Year/Course: Well in JS and repeatin so lets hope I pass and move into secound year... I study Business and Russian
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Em dunno...ot really into that stuff...Play football outside college tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Name: Mark
    Year/Course: 3rd Year BESS (Doing Business and Politics)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: The only thing of note I do in college is write for things. Last year I had the back-page column in TCD Miscellany. May be doing a column for Trinity News this year.

Edit: Do we really have to have the "no chat" thing? Sort of ruins the fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Name: Andrew
    Year/Course: JS Economics (Through BESS)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: The Phil mostly. Maybe I'll actually join and participate in another society this year. Realistically, however, this is unlikely.

EDIT: I agree. So close to coming before you in this one, you bastard. (Heh, coming before you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Name: Gavin
    Year/Course: SF Theoretical Physics
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Mathsoc, Physoc, Jazzsoc and I'm tempted to join some obscure sport this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Name: Craig
    Year/Course: SF Science (Biology/Chemistry)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: In theory; Science Gallery, Trinity News, DUAMS, Japanese Society and perhaps Aikido or Kendo.

In practice; stuyding for Schols and my job.

I'm also a peer mentor. Should be a hoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Name: Mathew
    Year/Course: SS Mechanical Engineering
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Engsoc and probably SVdP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Name: Enda
    Year/ Course: SF Medicine
    Societies/ Clubs: Biosoc, squash club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Name: Karl
    Year/Course: SS Computer Science
    Age: 20 (only just realised how young that is, and not 21 until April)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Netsoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Name: Sinéad
    Year/Course: JF Science
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Lads, I haven't even LOOKED at what societies are in Trinity yet >_< Most likely I'll be involved in anything Japanese related and whatever Aoibheann is doing :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Just for fun. I don't post here very often anymore...

Name: Pádraig
    Year/Course: Graduated from Theoretical Physics in 2008, now a 2nd year PhD student
    Societies/Clubs/interests: None, because I'm not there anymore. Though people will occasionally see me around the maths dept if they look hard enough. I'll be there working for the next two weeks too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jmn89

Name: James
    Year/Course: 5th Year Medicine
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Biosoc, Class Rep (5th year running), Ógra

Only now becoming a boardsie... oh, the wasted years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Name: Liam
    Year/Course: Second Med
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Cumann Gaelach, TBC martial art with Aoibheann, and of course, the Pav Knacker Drinking Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Name: Shaun
    Year/Course: SF Science (assuming I open a book over the next few weeks)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Plenty of interests, haven't joined any clubs or societies though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Name: Sarah
    Year/Course: 2nd year Dental Nursing
    Societies/Clubs/interests: No socs really! No time unfortunately. Just had a thought that I might go for a choral scholarship this year. Just for giggles. No harm in trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Name: Jennie
    Year/ Course: SF Medicine
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I didn't really get involved in anything last year, despite best intentions. I'm planning to join something this year and actually like, do stuff. Possibly something ridiculous and obscure like The Hill Walking Soc or something. If that exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Name: Jamie
    Year/ Course: SF Science
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Joined pretty much everything last year and did nothing bar a bit of players. Same as many, hope to join something and stick with it next year. Interested in Aviation & in the order of malta, so hopefully I can find something. Also should learn how to stop sinking swim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Name: Daniel
    Year/Course: SF TSM French and Spanish
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Like many people I joined many societies last year, but I didn't get really involved in them. Obviously I like languages, so something like French society and An Cumann Gaelach would be good for me. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at something different, like debating. Also I might try to find a sport that I might be good at. If there is a music society I wouldn't mind learning guitar again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 captnc

Name: Adam
    Course: MBA
    Societies: Haven't joined any yet, I suppose I will have a look when I make it over later this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Name: Dec
    Year/Course: 4th year Experimental Physics (PhD)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Name: Rory
    Year/Course: Last month of an MSc in Environmental Science (I'm sticking with the forum due to possible roller disco being organised by Larianne).
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Joined a few during the year (Geog, Joly and Hist) went to one debate and that was to get an autograph. Other than that it's just drinkin', smokin' and fightin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Name: Cathal
    Year/Course: Maths PhD - 2nd year
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Mathsoc & DUFC (probably), maybe Singers too

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

Name:Flann
    Year/Course:Hopefully JS Theoretical Physics, got a couple of repeats first though to get through
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Rowing is all really, it doesn't leave all that much time for anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Name: Siobhan
    Year/Course: Graduate Student/ Race, Ethnicity, Conflict
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: None at the moment, entering this fall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Name: Emma
    Year/Course: 1st year of Stats PhD
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Planning to join just one or two things that I like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Name: Gabriel
    Year/Course: SS Medicine
    Societies/Clubs/interests: on committee for Biosoc and sign language; also fencing, Trinity News, and maybe some other stuff if I can find any more hours in the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 howard..

Name: Howard
    Year/ Course: JS Economics
    Societies/Clubs/interests: The Phil, The Piranha, Peer Mentoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

Name: Dan
    Year / Course: SF Business & Computing, hopefully...
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Boxing Club, DUFC, DUMMS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Name:Leonardo
    Year / Course: Geo-science.(JF)
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Boxing/Tennis/Hill walking/the nature society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Name: Stephen
    Year/Course: JS Chemistry (through Science) all going well. One repeat to do.
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Don't really do much in college tbh. Spend most of my spare time relaxing on the couches in Goldsmith Hall :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Name: Aaron
    Year/Course: 3rd Med
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Dont know if I will join any soc's this year. Spend most of my free time playing guitar/relaxing. Might wander around during freshers week to see if a particular soc takes my fancy.

Advertisement