Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The cheap-skate's squat-rack.

• 11-07-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hello all. I just thought I'd share an idea I had that lets you do squats a home without forking out 200+ euro on a squat rack :)

119787.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Have to give 10/10 for ingenuity :D:D

Where there is the will there is a way

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Good idea...where did you get the Road Closed Ahead sign or is that question best left unanswered?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

or is that question best left unanswered?:)

Preciously. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Haha!
    That is quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Camron

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Hello all. I just thought I'd share an idea I had that lets you do squats a home without forking out 200+ euro on a squat rack :)

119787.jpg
    Though you are saving some amount of money, you are putting your life at risk. Time will not be the same all the time, you are performing a dangerous act, which may turn out to be a nightmare for you. Nothing can replace a squat rack, it is a great equipment to have. I would suggest you to buy a squat rack, it is available at a very fair price or if you are not willing to invest then it’s better and safer that you stop working out using those things.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

They look more like jerk boxes...

And at least if you have to dump a squat, you're in the appropriate place...

Your rack's rubbish mate... :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

easy enough with 40kg on it wait until its 140 and you are in the bin with weights on top of you.:D

Westwood wrote: »
    easy enough with 40kg on it wait until its 140 and you are in the bin with weights on top of you.:D

Heh, I'm not too sure about that.
    140kg would be the equivalent of an 11 stone person standing on each bin. I reckon she'd hold, but I haven't put that much weight on it yet and I won't risk anything more than 120.
    I'm doing well to squat 100kg at the moment so I'll be grand for the foreseeable future.

The downside is you can't do any squats with icy footpaths. :pac:

Camron wrote: »
    If you are looking exclusively for squat racks, then gym is not the only place where you can find one. You can buy one for yourself and use it in your home, it is quite affordable and will not take much space in your house. Squat rack is a very good form of workout to lose weight and to build muscular body. All the best.

Camron wrote: »
    Though you are saving some amount of money, you are putting your life at risk. Time will not be the same all the time, you are performing a dangerous act, which may turn out to be a nightmare for you. Nothing can replace a squat rack, it is a great equipment to have. I would suggest you to buy a squat rack, it is available at a very fair price or if you are not willing to invest then it’s better and safer that you stop working out using those things.

2 posts so far and both of them encouraging people to buy squat racks. I'm detecting a hidden agenda.
    hmmmm. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

That's deadly! I'm sure it's grand until you start using heavy weights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

It would appear hes also robbed the bins, house 9, and house 19.

I like the idea tho man. Personally I wouldnt...But I still like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Are you still using the bins OP or have you been killed ?

Got no squat rack either, but i do have 2 bins, but then all the neighbors can see me lifting :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

OP, if you've lost your masochistic streak and invested im a proper squat rack or gym membership, I'm sure the owners of this gym-cum-suicide-assistance-machine would be delighted to have your booby trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    2 posts so far and both of them encouraging people to buy squat racks. I'm detecting a hidden agenda.
    hmmmm. :cool:

Yes, if you call a hidden agenda hoping that you don't suffer a hideous injury to yourself or somebody close by when your micky-mouse bin rack fails. Don't be a cheapskate and spend the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

veritable wrote: »
    Yes, if you call a hidden agenda hoping that you don't suffer a hideous injury to yourself or somebody close by when your micky-mouse bin rack fails. Don't be a cheapskate and spend the money.
    The year may have changed, but the basic guidelines for detecting sarcasm still apply.

Advertisement