Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv remote viewing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

sorry again koolkid i also got software to load to my computer i think client software but it asks me to add by dvr to a zone any know what this means

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have a fixed or a dynamic IP address.?
    If its a fixed IP you goto that IP address in the software on the remote PC.
    If you have dynamic IP use something like http://www.dyndns.com/ to redirect & connect to your IP address.
    On you router, you also need to forward the posts that are used to the internal IP address of your DVR. (The IP you connect to when viewing locally)

thanks koolkid

yes i have opened ports and set up a domain through no-ip.com. i can now connect to the dvr through the net using a different location. however i cannot see any video, i can login, see the split screen even access the dvr setting but no video comming through. any suggestions.
    thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You haven't forwarded all the ports.
    Check the manual for the full port range, it's usually 80 and a few other ports

thanks jnealon for reply
    i have forwarded 2 ports and now i am getting picture in camera 8 which has no camera connected so am getting time displayed and a black screen. on the rest of the cameras there is nothing coming through. on the bottom of the screen i am getting that the connection is successful. any ideas
    thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you on live view & not playback?
    Are the pictures you are seeing on input 8 yours?

thanks koolkid
    yes i am on live view and the pictures are mine as i can see the name of all the cameras. i can see all the cameras live within my network and just camera 8 which i have no camera connected so can just see the time

Is there a webserver on this? Can you view without software via port 80?

im viewing via activex both in my network and the net

is there any minimum requirement for viewing live feeds over the net regarding broadband speed as maybe the video is too slow to download

• Advertisement

If over the network if fine it could be your upload speed.
    Go here run a speed test & post up the results.
    If you want to PM me the details I will take a look & see what comes up.
    Is there an option to view via software also?
    Do you get the same results that way.
    What are you doing to view it via your external IP?

hi guys
    wondering if any one can help i recently installed a sony ccd ir camera with ir cut and it has been working fine until yesterday. the picture during the day is perfect however when it gets dark outside i cannot see anything on my monitor. strangly tho when i stand infront of the camera outside i can see the ir leds glowing so why can i not see anything in the dark even tho the leds are on. it was fine until yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Could be that another light source is shining on the photocell like an outside light etc. keeping the LEDs from coming on and when you walk in front of the camera you shield the light from the camera which triggers the LEDs.

thanks for the reply fred
    where the camera is there is no light of any sort total darkness and i can see the leds are turned on as i can see the red glow from the leds but as i said there is no illumination of the area on the screen
    thanks again for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Could be a couple of things. The leds could be on the way out, I've seen this on cheap ir cameras where the leds fail after a year or so.
    The power supply could be on the way out. Some cameras pull over an amp when the IRs are on.
    Also check the connector from the IR to the camera

thanks jnealon for reply
    unfortunately the camera is only in use about a week and i have a 1.5amp psu connected i will have to check the connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Another thing it could be is that it's not switching over to mono and staying in colour mode which wouldn't see the IR light. How to check this would be to shine a white light in its path later on when it's dark, look at the monitor and see if it's in colour or mono.

thanks fred
    ill try that later when it does get dark what i have noticed today is there is 4 fairly prominent vertical lines after appearing on the screen could this be the ir cut filter stuck maybe or something totally different

hi guys
    i have a HKC securewatch alarm unit and am wondering how to i integrate this to my cctv dvr for recording when the pir's are activated? is it just a simple case of running wires from each alarm o/p on the pir's to the alarm i/p on the dvr or is the wiring more complex?
    ant advice would be great and thanking for any help in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Are there inputs on the dvr that will start the recording feature when the circuit is closed? Can your cameras not be setup up for motion detection recording?

• Advertisement

thanks thunderbird2
    yes there is alarm inputs on my dvr and yes i have motion record but it would be handy if i had the alarm record set up as when the alarm would go off on whichever pir there will be alarm recording corresponding to that time instead of searching through motion detect

Most DVRs will allow you set up motion on the cameras themselves.
    To actually use the PiRs regardless of the alarm being set or not would require using a relay on each PiR with one NC contact going to the zone & one NO contact going to the alarm input on the DVR.
    You can use an output from the alarm to switch recording to a higher level on an alarm activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

thanks thunderbird2
    yes there is alarm inputs on my dvr and yes i have motion record but it would be handy if i had the alarm record set up as when the alarm would go off on whichever pir there will be alarm recording corresponding to that time instead of searching through motion detect

You can still check the time on the alarm log and check the time on the DVR without integrating the two together. I can understand what you are trying to achieve but to be honest it is better to have two weeks of quality footage than 2 months of footage at a poor quality. Motion detection will save space but it is better to have the DVR on continuous record for any event.

Advertisement