Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been Arrested?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Like the title, have you ever gotten your collar felt?

I have once,

It was the summer of 2004? and i was on holiday in Crete, when late at night and after a few drinks i thought it would be a good idea to go for a spin along the strip on the DX 125 motorbike i had rented.

All was fine until i decided to head back for some sleep when i missed the turn for the hotel and went straight into a police check point and got arrested for drink driving.

Got taken to the station and charged and stuck in the cells for the night. Next morning i got put in the police car and taken to the Islands main court house where i was finger printed and photoed and then officially charged by the court.

Was then told to turn up Thursday for hearing and released to make my way back to the hotel.

Anyway come Thursday the rep arranged for solicitor and headed to court where i was told the hearing was in-fact Tuesday just gone and i had been found guilty in my absence.

Was then told i had been find €2000 or 2 months in prison and they weren't letting me leave the court house.

Luckily i was flying home that day and was advised by the solicitor to go to bank get her days pay and do a runner and never come back to Crete, which was a better option than the other 2.

Well thats my single tale of my life of crime.

On a plus i did meet my GF there. :D (not in the prison cell lol)

Have you ever been Arrested? 55 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 55 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well the police are after me. I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!

Now, can I put my massive tool in your box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Only arrest was for an anti-war protest in my younger days. They basically arrested everyone in the protest and charged them with traffic misdemeanors, so it was pretty minor all and all.

I did plenty of (minor) stuff I well could have been arrested for and gotten in more serious trouble, but I was pretty lucky as youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

On a stag night down in Kilkenny. Got absolutely rubber drunk in the hotel and at about 8am the next morning, ended up going for a wander. Apparently I walked into a hardware shop and asked them for a batter sausage and chips. I wouldnt leave until I got me chips.:D

The Gardai came along, put me in the car and me to the cells to sleep the gargul off. Woke up at 2pm the next day, without having any clue as to what had just happened. The Garda came in about ten minutes later, with a stern look on his face. I asked him what did I do and he got angry and told me I knew well what I did and I was in the soup now. He told me to get myself together as I was in court in an hour and left. I absolutely shat meself. I sat there trying to remember what exactly happened. He let me sweat for ten minutes, then came back in to tell me I could go. Gave me back me belongings and told me to cop on. Never so relieved in my life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Easy question luckilly for me. No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I was felt up by someone wearing a collar, is this the same thing? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Biggins wrote: »
    Easy question luckilly for me. No.

Is that the Biggins the Politician answering that or Biggins the Skin Party wanna be? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I was felt up by someone wearing a collar, is this the same thing? :P

Depends, was he dressed in leather and use his truncheon on you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Is that the Biggins the Politician answering that or Biggins the Skin Party wanna be? :D

He obviously hasn't been arrested because he hassn't yet attended one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Once, and i could have got off if I'd have controlled myself.
    The Ban garda said to me, "Sir, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you."
    She didn't like it when I replied. "Tits!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yup, dealer got busted while I was buying stuff off him. They questioned me for 6 hours on and off. On the plus side I found out your legally entitled to a snack box from supermacs if they hold you for that long. The bastards left my block of hash in front of me during the interview and I could have really used a smoke at the time, I thought that was unusually cruel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Biggins, the not caught yet! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

never arrested, but when my daughter was in TY she was going on her school trip to barcelona, im seperated so i had to go to my district court to get the judge to sign a form for her passport, just standing in front of a judge scared the bejeesus out of me, never want to be on the wrong side of the law :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

Spent six months in prison.

I headbutted a guy who sexually abused my younger sister.

He never served a day in prison.

Justice - Irish style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Spent some quality time with the JLO, actually 3 times, but a clean sheet at 18 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

No, I have not.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

mikom wrote: »
    Once, and i could have got off if I'd have controlled myself.
    The Ban garda said to me, "Sir, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you."
    She didn't like it when I replied. "Tits!"

you obviously haven't as the correct GARDA caution is "you are not obliged to say anything unless you wish to do so but whatever you say will be taken down in writing and may be given in evidence" and no guard says that when their arresting anyway :D

never been arrested, few close calls, thank god cos i couldn't do what i do if i did!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

you are not obliged to say anything unless you wish to do so but whatever you say will be taken down

Even more dodgy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Thomas20

Never arrested. I have two cautions though. Have to be a good boy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

mikom wrote: »
    Even more dodgy....

hahaha touché!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

In a word, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

nothing major...when i was like 8 and they brought me too the station for my mam to collect me for tresspassing on a building site.

a mate of mine got a JLO for kicking a garden wall. seriously....garda were driving by and seen him kick a wall.....like ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I couldn't get arrested if I tried

No

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Never been caught....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,684 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've been detained, brought in for questioning. But arresting assumes you've been read your memorandum rights and put in a cell of some form. To which I definitely have not.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Arrested on a bogus 'firearms offense' charge.

I'm not going to go into it here, but lets just say the Gardaí don't know the law as well as they should.

Was let go after being held in the station for less than 20 minutes with a friend of mine. I think they realized their mistake and were eager to get us out of there as quickly and quietly as they could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭celt262

On a stag night down in Kilkenny. Got absolutely rubber drunk in the hotel and at about 8am the next morning, ended up going for a wander. Apparently I walked into a hardware shop and asked them for a batter sausage and chips. I wouldnt leave until I got me chips.:D

The Gardai came along, put me in the car and me to the cells to sleep the gargul off. Woke up at 2pm the next day, without having any clue as to what had just happened. The Garda came in about ten minutes later, with a stern look on his face.QUOTE]

That was some sleep :eek:

Advertisement