Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would love a rational explanation for this please...

Options
  • 15-02-2010 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi there,

As a skeptic I am finding myself without answers as to what I see in this picture.

Let me explain the situation, I was out in a Restaurant on Friday night located in Temple Bar, Dublin 2..we were seated in the basement dining section..and at the time of taking this picture I honestly do not recall seeing anyone else but my colleague in the picture.

luigim.jpg

The image was captured on a Blackberry 8900 with a 3.2 Megapixel camera...flash was on.

I see can see 2 figures in the image, the main distinct one, and a second less distinct one to the left, you can just see the neckline of the second figure, they appear to be wearing darker clothes I guess... either way they both appear to be transparent and out of focus, whereas if you note the picture hanging on the wall behind seems to be more in focus

I just don't know.

Would love some constructive feedback/rationalization as to what it is we're seeing here.

I should also mention that although I am not a regular boards user, I am also not a nutjob/wacko/freak that would go out of their way to falsely create such an image...this picture is completely unedited.

Taken on Friday night (12/02), discovered by me the following day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Okay, that is one very weird photo. Well, if you swear you didn't drag the images of the woman and the other indistinct figure into the photo using PhotoShop afterwards, fair enough. Tbh, it doesn't even look PhotoShopped to me anyway because the images of the two people have the same lighting as the backdrop and still blend in somehow.

If you had posted a photo of something that was a nebulous blur, I'd call it just that, but with this thing, you can make out fairly detailed features and all.

This is a zoomed-in, cropped shot I did of it. You might not be able to see it too well, though...

picture.php?albumid=926&pictureid=5026

I'm not too sure what to think of it at this point in time. I wouldn't attribute it to highly concentrated pixelation or the background features ending up muddled to produce a 'figure' because the rest of the photo is very clear.

... and at the time of taking this picture I honestly do not recall seeing anyone else but my colleague in the picture.

And you're 100% certain that nobody was standing behind him when you took the photo?

Had you drank much alcohol at that stage in the night?

With drink taken, some details of the night (e.g. who was standing where at a certain time) can draw a blank. But you'd think you'd remember seeing some lady in a bright yellow coat standing across from you (more-or-less), though. Maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

Thanks for the response.

I swear on all that is dear to me that it's fresh off the memory card of my Blackberry...

I can confirm the picture was taken at 20.09 and we'd only just ordered our food so I was defiantly not drunk at that stage, so I am sure there was no one else there in the frame when taking the picture.

In my aim to find a rational explanation I have passed the picture to the a group of people to see if their expertise gives can yield any clue as to what this is.

These guys aim to either conclusively prove or disprove the existence of the Paranormal through verifiable/scientific means.

I'll update the thread as I hear more.

Think you might have forgotten to attach said close-up btw :)

Think you might have forgotten to attach said close-up btw :)

I didn't attach it - I included it as part of my post. You can see it above, can't you?

And the 'zoom' was as close as I decided to zoom in.

• Advertisement

In my aim to find a rational explanation I have passed the picture to the a group of people to see if their expertise gives can yield any clue as to what this is.

These guys aim to either conclusively prove or disprove the existence of the Paranormal through verifiable/scientific means.

I know a parapsychologist who's been doing all of that for the last 30-odd years. He's debunked more 'ghost photos' than he's proven to be real, tbh. He's perfectly happy with that obviously. It's his job to separate the wheat from the chaff. That said, he said he's witnessed some mental, unexplainable stuff throughout his 30-odd years of his work.

If you could pass the image to him (if not done already) I'd be eager to see what he thinks.

Would also be much appreciated.

Thanks a mil

(still cant see that embedded zoom, have tried both Mozilla and Chrome.)

If you could pass the image to him (if not done already) I'd be eager to see what he thinks.

Would also be much appreciated.

Thanks a mil

No, I hadn't passed the image on to Richard already. I will, though, and I'll post his results on here as soon as I get them. I'm as interested as the next person to read his conclusions.
    (still cant see that embedded zoom, have tried both Mozilla and Chrome.)

Could anyone with a pulse around here who sees my post right now please confirm whether or not you are able to see my post above this one that has the semi-zoomed-in image of the lady in the yellow coat?

Prove I'm not going blind, or that my own laptop isn't banjaxed...

Hi ,
    I cannot see it either

BTW this is my boyfriend I got him to post this boards:)

(I asked her to try too - no slagging of the similar naming convention please! :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I can't see the zoomed in shot either.

Okay, can anyone who isn't connected to the 'CoolSmiley..' Boardsies on here comment on whether or not they're able to see the image of the woman with the yellow coat I put in one of my posts above?

Thanks.

*points at WanderingSoul's post* :)

Btw, I emailed on the photo to Richard (the parapsychologist). I texted him to check his email as well. Depending on his workload otherwise, it'll probably take him about two weeks at most to get back to me with his conclusions. He's very thorough with this stuff.

Much appreciated MrMojoRisin!

*points at WanderingSoul's post* :)

I didn't see WanderingSoul's post until I had written my own post. It hadn't been there beforehand.

I'm posting the shot of the lady again (right above these words). I just called my flatmate into the room now and he's looking straight at it with me.

Are we blind, are we hallucinating, or both?? :confused:

I still can't see it (if you're talking about your original post). I'll take a screenshot in a moment.

Picture2-5.png

Sorry neither can I...appreciate the 2nd effort nevertheless.

Maybe it requires moderator approval?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭call d

I cant see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I can see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MemberSince2000

I can't see it either. Tried all the usual browsers.

post_old.gif Today, 18:51 #2 MrMojoRisin
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Okay, that is one very weird photo. Well, if you swear you didn't drag the images of the woman and the other indistinct figure into the photo using PhotoShop afterwards, fair enough. Tbh, it doesn't even look PhotoShopped to me anyway because the images of the two people have the same lighting as the backdrop and still blend in somehow.

If you had posted a photo of something that was a nebulous blur, I'd call it just that, but with this thing, you can make out fairly detailed features and all.

This is a zoomed-in, cropped shot I did of it. You might not be able to see it too well, though...

I'm not too sure what to think of it at this point in time. I wouldn't attribute it to highly concentrated pixelation or the background features ending up muddled to produce a 'figure' because the rest of the photo is very clear.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif post_thanks.gif

Well, the above is what I've been seeing. My Operating System is Windows XP, btw, and I have a PC.

Maybe it requires moderator approval?

Nah, not at all. All it is is a benign pic. I've seen far more potentially inflammatory stuff posted here on Boards. :pac:

I can see it.

Well, thank fcuk at long last that I'm not the only one.

I still don't see anything in the post in which you show what you've been seeing. Would you be able to post a screenshot and post that? The only thing I see is a continuos "loading" symbol between the report and edit buttons despite the page being loaded. That said though, that's not where the picture should be.

I'm on a mac and I'm using safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I can't see it either and it's derailing a pretty interesting thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I can see it and to be honest, i believe you. I think you have caught something really odd. Unexplainble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 northsidedave

no can see

Advertisement