Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gay sauna in Cork

Options
  • 27-01-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Lads. I was at the new gay sauna at 40 McCurtin Street yesterday. I was very impressed with it, very clean it was. You get your towel and a pair slippers at the door, all for 15 euro. They are opened from 2pm to 2am 7 days. Give it a go. T.J :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

What is the difference between a gay sauna and a straight sauna?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 T.J

Men only in this one in cork. Gay sauna

Thats a bit sexist isn't it? Why would it be men only? Sorry if I come across niave.

Have you any connections with the sauna? Just wondering cause you only registered to post about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Thats a bit sexist isn't it? Why would it be men only? Sorry if I come across niave.

Have you any connections with the sauna? Just wondering cause you only registered to post about it.
    You are a bit niave, Gay sauna is another word for Gay sex house.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    You are a bit niave, Gay sauna is another word for Gay sex house.

Are you actually serious? Does that type of thing go on in Ireland? What's wrong with doing that sort of thing in the privacy of their own home? Never mind the hygine issue.

• Advertisement

No I have nothing to do with the sauna, I just want more people there so I can have more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Was it busy?

no not at all. there was only five in there but it was good

What types? hairy 50 yr olds or what?

Are you actually serious?
    Yes.
    Does that type of thing go on in Ireland?
    Yes.
    What's wrong with doing that sort of thing in the privacy of their own home?
    Don't ask me, I've never been to one. But I think the main attraction is not having to use gaydar to simply find another gay man to have sex with.
    Never mind the hygine issue.
    Yeah most of them a quite dirty and if anybody is going to one make sure you wear condoms because STI's in those places are rife.

• Advertisement

T.J wrote: »
    No I have nothing to do with the sauna, I just want more people there so I can have more fun.

I can't believe that just behaviour actually happens in the gay community. I thought it was just a negative sterotype. Is this type of thing not one if the main reasons people think aids spread so rapidly? Reminds me of something out of phillidelphia. Do other gay people condone this?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mickol

Thats disgusting .....Unhygenic and vile.

I can't believe that just behaviour actually happens in the gay community. I thought it was just a negative sterotype. Is this type of thing not one if the main reasons people think aids spread so rapidly? Reminds me of something out of phillidelphia. Do other gay people condone this?

Christ ANXIOUS..what's your problem?

Are you sure you in the right forum? You made you point...get over it and now take your indignation elsewhere. Stick to watching Bambi in future.

Do other gay people condone this?
    Alot of gay people do condemn it but in the end they see it as a matter of leaving each to their own. The bottom line is tough, that if you use these bathouses and get an STI then it is your own fault for putting yourself at risk.

Mickol you don't know what your missing boy.

I haven't got a problem, I'm just trying to understand why men would put themselves in the situation where by they are having sex with multipule strangers.

This could be a reason why some gay people don't feel acepted by other straight people.

I think theres double standards involved in this ....On the one hand the Gay community want equal status in everything from marriage to adoption but on the other hand want to engage in this seedy , hedonistic and risky (healthwise ) business. Just for the record is there a heterosexual sauna in cork where you pay 15.00 in get a pair of slippers and a blow job ???....i doubt it

Or is that Called Sidetrax

Mickol you don't know what your missing boy.

I'll have to take your word for that TJ :rolleyes:

ok very good

I haven't got a problem, I'm just trying to understand why men would put themselves in the situation where by they are having sex with multipule strangers.

This could be a reason why some gay people don't feel acepted by other straight people.

If that's what goes on there....I'll have to take your word for it...;)

You seem to know alot about them..bad exxperience?

• Advertisement

mickol wrote: »
    I think theres double standards involved in this ....On the one hand the Gay community want equal status in everything from marriage to adoption but on the other hand want to engage in this seedy , hedonistic and risky (healthwise ) business. Just for the record is there a heterosexual sauna in cork where you pay 15.00 in get a pair of slippers and a blow job ???....i doubt it

Or is that Called Sidetrax

There are plenty of straight/heteosexual people who engage in seedy, hedonistic and risky behaviour every day of the week in brothels, nightclubs etc.

STI and AIDS rates are growing faster in the hetrosexual community than the homosexual one.

You are disguising your own homophobia by pretending to be outraged by Gay saunas.

Live and let live if that's what people want to do.

There are plenty of straight/heteosexual people who engage in seedy, hedonistic and risky behaviour every day of the week in brothels, nightclubs etc.

STI and AIDS rates are growing faster in the hetrosexual community than the homosexual one.

You are disguising your own homophobia by pretending to be outraged by Gay saunas.

Good on you Boy

If that's what goes on there....I'll have to take your word for it...;)

You seem to know alot about them..bad exxperience?

Come on no need to engage in that, you are trying to drag this into a name calling thread imo.

However i do feel that this would alter my opionion on gay couples adopting kids. I do not feel that this would be the correct environment to raise a child. I suppose that depends on how previlant it is in that society.

You may say that hetro couples cheat, however i feel that society also looks down upon this. I know no place hetro couples can go that basically is just a big orgy, and for it to be condoned by the community.

Looking forward to reading replies not insults.

Come on no need to engage in that, you are trying to drag this into a name calling thread imo.

However i do feel that this would alter my opionion on gay couples adopting kids. I do not feel that this would be the correct environment to raise a child. I suppose that depends on how previlant it is in that society.

You may say that hetro couples cheat, however i feel that society also looks down upon this. I know no place hetro couples can go that basically is just a big orgy, and for it to be condoned by the community.

He is only speaking his mind.

He is only speaking his mind.

Not when he is trying to refer that i've had a bad experience in such saunas, he is merely trying to insult me and for me to become defensive.

I fully appreciate that people of all ilks engage in seedy behaviour partyguinness.....does that make it right. I dont see a problem with nightclubs be they gay or straight . What i do have a problem with is paying 15.00 a head to go into some filthy kip with a load of men pulling the knobs off themselves and each other.

Firstly, where have I called you names or insulted you?

Secondly, you are implying by your posts that all homosexuals engage in lewd activities in gay saunas.

I am willing to bet that the vast majority of homosexuals have not been to a gay sauna. Of course we have no stats to back that up but even a straw poll would confrim this IMO.

Thirdly, if there was a place for heterosexual couples to go, would you be okay with that then?

Is it that fact that there isnt such a place is bothering you? This apparent double standard?

I said nothing about hetero couples cheating..that is nothing to do with this point.

mickol wrote: »
    I fully appreciate that people of all ilks engage in seedy behaviour partyguinness.....does that make it right. I dont see a problem with nightclubs be they gay or straight . What i do have a problem with is paying 15.00 a head to go into some filthy kip with a load of men pulling the knobs off themselves and each other.

Very simple...dont go there...I am not saying its right or wrong either but thats the way it is.

And who are you to say what is and is not "right". You dont agree with it. Fine.

I have a problem with religion and abortion but you know thats what some people are into...let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Although I agree that the sauna thing is a bit on the seedy side, I have to question why you’re bringing gay adoption in to the equation?

Seedy behaviour occurs in society, be you heterosexual, homosexual, bi....etc if a straight man goes to a prostitute/brothel, does that mean that people should consider not allowing straight people to adopt kids? Because of the actions of a few?

Criticise the individual(s) not the entire “community” because of the choices made by a few individuals within that community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Why have you made the assumption that the gays in commited realationships looking to adopt kids are the same gays that go to saunas? That's like assuming that single straight men are the ones in hetero world that want to adopt.

Advertisement