Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre inflator

Options
  • 24-01-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a tyre inflator for use at home - mostly for cars, but the odd lame tractor will need help at times! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Do a search of this forum, there was a thread on this only last week.

Here it is actually:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055793198&highlight=tyre+inflator

Some suggest that buying a compressor is a better way to go as you will find many more uses for general aircompressor than you woudl for a tyre inflator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭mwexford

Thanks for doing that search for me.
    Will do some more research on all those various links.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

I have a cheapo Lidl one with two barrels (whatever they're called) - works great.

A compressor I bought is just collecting dust, gave a lend of it to a friend to do his decking, it's still in his shed. They're a waste of money unless you have proper use of them. I think all I did with it was paint the shed and the fence, might have checked the tyres once or twice. The foot pump is a better choice imho.

P.S. if you are looking for a compressor i would have a barely used one for sale cheap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭mwexford

Thanks Crótach - but no thanks!
    Nice try though!!
    I wouldn't be handy enough to have need for a full compressor I think.
    We live out in the heart of the country and at the minute have one car with one flat tyre, and the ride-on mower is also looking lowish.
    I think one of the simple ones mentioned or if Lidl come up with one fairly soon, I'll purchase.
    You could hire yourself out with the compressor!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Haha well it's just honest advice, compressor is an overkill. A double-barreled foot pump is more than adequate and didn't cost much. I never used the compressor since I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I picked up a Michelin mini compressor in Halfords for around €50 before Christmas
    - 3 minuets from flat to 32psi plugged into the cigar lighter thingy

Fantastic unit, I've got a good bit of use out of it, mainly through friends and work too
    where people try to carry heavy loads with tyres that where almost flat to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭kenn0

have a read here. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/241573/mini_air_compressors_we_test_twelve.html

I bought the ring for about 35euro delivered from the UK. if I remember right about 60euro here. Good piece of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Crazy Taxi

This will probably be locked as a zombie thread but anyway, Amazon.co.uk have a Ring tyre inflator for £20 but they won't deliver to Ireland! How the hell do you get stuff from them?? I've amazon vouchers to use and can't use them on anything I want/need. Grrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Crazy Taxi wrote: »
    This will probably be locked as a zombie thread but anyway, Amazon.co.uk have a Ring tyre inflator for £20 but they won't deliver to Ireland! How the hell do you get stuff from them?? I've amazon vouchers to use and can't use them on anything I want/need. Grrrrr.

I posted a review of the Ring tyre inflator on the other thread that I originally started.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055793198

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I bought the Ring digital one and had it delivered (UK) for less than 20 notes. Much handier than waiting at the station for the machine to free up or finding out it is broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I've had several 12v tyre inflators and found all of them to be sh*te. The most expensive one cost 50 quid and it lasted about 6 months (and unfortunately I lost the receipt)

Given that I recently got an air compressor + accessories for around 115 quid in LIDL I think the 12v inflators for 50+ quid are bad value. Most of the time when I am inflating tyres it's done at home so a mains powered compressor is fine.

Mains compressor from LIDL for the home
    Cheap 12v inflator for the car for emergencies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Yep, foot pump and 12 volt compressor from LIDL do the job.
    If you're thinking of buying a full sized compressor you might as well build a shed, install a lift and stock with tools as well as spray painting accessories but that may be overkill.
    Find air at garages hard to find, in Limerick it is virtually impossible since they keep getting nicked by scumbags.

I posted a review of the Ring tyre inflator on the other thread that I originally started.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055793198

I don't need a review on the item thanks, I've already researched it and decided the Ring was the best one for the job.
    How do you get around the whole "This item can not be shipped to your address" thing on Amazon???????

Mr.David wrote: »
    I bought the Ring digital one and had it delivered (UK) for less than 20 notes. Much handier than waiting at the station for the machine to free up or finding out it is broken.

Who did you buy it from in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Crazy Taxi wrote: »
    I don't need a review on the item thanks, I've already researched it and decided the Ring was the best one for the job.
    How do you get around the whole "This item can not be shipped to your address" thing on Amazon???????

There was definitely one seller on amazon shipping to Ireland. I can't remember which seller it was exactly, sorry.

Advertisement