Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new gaggia baby class is banjaxed

Options
  • 23-08-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi,

I started a thread recently here regarding my decision to buy the gaggia baby class. It arrived today.

I filled it with water and plugged it in.

The instructions said put a mug or jug under the brewing head and turn on the hot water/coffee switch. Hot water should flow from the brewing head. The instructions say to fill the mug. They then say that the machine is ready to use.

I did all the above but when I turn on the hot water/coffee switch water just pours out of the machines case (note nothing flows out of the brewing head) and goes all over the place. Whats worse is that it just caused our electricity trip switch to trigger. I dont think I will be turning it on again.

I bought the machine online http://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/. I am guessing gaggia have no service centre in Ireland and I will have to send it back to espressocoffeeshop at my own expense.

I knew I should have bought it on the high street.

Has anybody any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

I purchased a Rancilio Sylvia from the same supplier and mine arrives in working order i have returned one of the accessories that i also purchased and they seem to have a good after care service.

Or you could try gaggia themselves

Office hours for customer service:
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings only (from 8:00 to 12:00) - Tel +39 02 949 93250

Above is the customer service number from www.gaggia.com they should have a service center in ireland

Gook Luck with it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It sounds like there's a dodgey seal at your pump. You're right not to power it back on and I wouldn't open it to look at it either. Can't believe that it passed a whatever quality checks before it was released. You could have recieved a very nasty electric shock.

Go back to the supplier you bought it from and don't mince your words with them either. They should help you.

Keep us up-to-date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

could simply be a matter of one of the tubes coming loose in transit.

might be worth opening it up to see if there is any obvious, and easily fixed problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Can't believe that it passed a whatever quality checks before it was released.
    Could well be damaged in transit as mentioned.

Opening products can void the warranty so be careful. Also most coffee machines are high powered units so be very careful.

In saying that, if it was me I would open it, but only after emailing them to see if it is a common problem, and make sure the warranty is not voided.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Yea it probably was damaged in transit.

I am not going to open it.

Even if I did fix it I would be worried that my fix might break again and electrocute me at some stage.

espressocoffeeshop.com are paying for a courier to pick it up.

I really regret not buying it in a high street shop now.

I am very dissapointed as I was looking forward to finally having the facility to make nice coffee at home.

If gaggia had a service center in Ireland I would pay for it to get repaired rather than send it back to espressocoffeeshop.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

hey leahcim, don't get too broke up about it, they are paying for it to be picked up, it will take a bit more time, but in the grand scheme of things, you will have a functioning machine reasonably soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

leahcim wrote:
    If gaggia had a service center in Ireland I would pay for it to get repaired rather than send it back to espressocoffeeshop.com.

The electrical/hardware shop in Harold's Cross opposite Kenilworth Motors is the "front end" for domestic Gaggia parts and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Thanks Slaphead07 for the info.

Its was collected by the courier today so its just a matter of waiting for the replacement.

Advertisement