Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exclusive Boards.ie Q&A with one of Ireland's top entertainers. What's your question?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

We've interviewed soccer stars and politicians. We have musicians and other personalities on the way but I wanted to give you first dibs on questions to one of Ireland's top entertainers.

Since he appeared on our screens in 1989, this Dublin northsider has gone on to dominate the music charts, including a Christmas number one (in December 1996, beating the Spice Girls), to run for the Irish presidency in 1997, to represent the country in Eurovision, to insult pretty much every personality on Irish TV and to present his own news show.

With six albums under his builder's belt and a trip to South Africa for UNICEF to see the mportant work going on in Kwa-Zulu Natal with children affected by HIV/AIDS, unemployment and poverty just completed, I'm delighted that Dustin the Turkey will make time in his schedule this week EDIT: next week - for a video interview where he'll answer the questions you put here.

dustiPHOTCAL0602_468x629.jpg

GO ON YA GOOD THING!!

Put your questions below. His wikipedia page is quite informative and he's over on twitter here.

Do you want to ask him how it felt to be knocked out of the Eurovision? For a quote on a building job? We'll take your questions and put it to everyone's favourite Turkey Vulture. Who knows what sort of answer we'll get back?

The earlier you get your questions in, the higher the chance we can ask them!

This interview will now be next week, possibly on the 11 November :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

OFGS!....this the best Boards can do?.....they guy is a muppet!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Sage and onion or chestnut and cranberry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Well everybody has a story! I wouldn't call him a "muppet" though...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

How does it feel to be more talented yet less successful than Ray Darcy? You looked very similar back in the day ye'r the same height and everything.

Also do you support the legalisation of cannabis?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Does he think Rodge and Podge are just milking at this stage? Any chance of getting Ray D'Arcy to go back to The Den with Dustin as main presenter? Also why didn't I win the Pringles Competition back in 1990?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Please ask him does he still keep in contact with Snotser Galligan. :)

Sage and onion or chestnut and cranberry?

I think we should let it go! where they the winning flavors

Any chance of putting the Christmas Number 1 video on You Tube?

What are your presidential plans come 2011?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Where has Zog gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Do you go out on the lash with your old buddies Sockie, Zig & Zag? Does Sockie bring his blue bucket with him? (you know, in case he doesn't feel well)

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Do you go out on the lash with your old buddies Sockie, Zig & Zag? Does Sockie bring his blue bucket with him? (you know, in case he doesn't feel well)

Any comment on the Bulling in RTÉ and how you beat the boss :D Prob a little controversial though! (Nothing to Do with the Afternoon show or Toast for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

if you were taoiseach what would you do to get us out of the recession?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Darragh wrote: »
    Well everybody has a story! I wouldn't call him a "muppet" though...

Maybe I'm just deliriously happy today but I took that to be a joke on the fact that literally, Dustin is a puppet :p

Anyway, my question is if/when you become Taoiseach, what'll your first act be?

and/or

What do you think of Ray Darcy these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

No, he's a puppet, muppet is probably trademarked by the Jim Henson company! :pac:

Quick question, are we interviewing the turkey character or the voice and real persona behind the turkey?

Real persona Question: Are you (the voice of Dustin) happy that you aren't recognised by all in sundry as you walk the streets of Dublin. In a posh way...do you enjoy the relative obscurity of your fame?

Turkey Question: Bibi Baskin, in her prime...would ya?

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Real persona Question: Are you (the voice of Dustin) happy that you aren't recognised by all in sundry as you walk the streets of Dublin. In a posh way...do you enjoy the relative obscurity of your fame?

He is a really Turkey Vulture I don't know what you are all talking about, sure Don Conroy has given to authoritative stance on that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

How do you become a member of the Poultry Party?

Who would you perfer to peck Louis Walsh or Pat Kenny?

Will you be on the Late Late toy show this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Please ask him does he still keep in contact with Snotser Galligan. :)

Ahhh, good 'aul Snotser, completely forgot about that, you've a fierce memory :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Quick question, are we interviewing the turkey character or the voice and real persona behind the turkey?

I can ask both (in a roundabout way) but let's take it that it's with Dustin the Turkey :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Can we ask Dustin how it feels to be the oldest living turkey in history?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is he nervous coming up to Christmas or does he believe his Star-Power will save him these days?

What are his opinions on Mark Little and does he think he could do a better job of investigative journalism?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

Was Big Bird from Sesame Street the person who most influenced you to become a top TV star?

What do you think of our genocidal treatment of other turkeys in the lead up to Christmas?

Are you looking forward to Deal Or No Deal on TV3?

If you could punch any one person in the face, who would it be and why?

Do you hve an account on boards.ie? What's your username?

What do you think of me (i.e. Darragh)?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

DeVore wrote: »
    Is he nervous coming up to Christmas or does he believe his Star-Power will save him these days?
    I'm sure the age of his fowl flesh would mean he wouldn't pass the first inspection in any slaughter house. His safe enough I'd say.

How do Bosco and Padjo feel about all the attention given to The Den and its stars over their respective shows? Is there resentment there that they never became as famous? and Are you on speaking terms with Bosco and Padjo? Do you ever listen to Bosco's album?

Do you think the infamous Virwin Jones interview was the reason you lost the 1990 Presidential Election?

What happened to Capitan Joke, Cousin Nigel and Capitan Pillow Case? Why did the Freezer wear a denim jacket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

How did you manage to make the Eurovision song contest even more embarrassing for Ireland than usual? Wasn't funny was it?

dooferoaks wrote: »
    How did you manage to make the Eurovision song contest even more embarrassing for Ireland than usual? Wasn't funny was it?

Did he feel left down after seeing the Spainish entry?

You call Dustin Embarrassing

Just look at this: -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is it true you got the wing over with Rosanna and Chris walked in on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Did you kill Kevo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Is it true The Plank...err...i mean Pat Kenny, has invited you and a couple of neighbours over to his crib for an "extra special" Cristmas Dinner this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Cool! Big Den fan here!

Would you ever consider doing a re-union with Ray and Sockie on the Den for old times sake?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh awesome :)

Will Dustin be running for president again?
    Can he ask Zig and Zag will that album of thier be finally coming out on cd.

Advertisement