Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female GP in Dublin 2/4/6/City Centre?

Options
  • 26-10-2009 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

As the title suggests, I am looking for a recommendation for a GP in South Dublin City. After a couple of very unpleasant encounters in the snip I would love to avoid them altogether and get a regular GP, preferably a decent, approachable woman who doesn't suggest you 'hop up' on a blood-stained exam table...!

Any suggestions much appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Id recommend Suffolk St Surgery. Its across from pizza hut on suffolk st (yellow door). They've loads of female docs, but if you want particular names, I've seen the main 2 docs a few times and they were lovely and very sensitive. Just checked the website http://www.suffolkstreetsurgery.ie/ and their names are Dr. Martina Cleary and Dr. Emer McCarthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Sexist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Recadoc wrote: »
    As the title suggests, I am looking for a recommendation for a GP in South Dublin City. After a couple of very unpleasant encounters in the Well Woman Centre I would love to avoid them altogether and get a regular GP, preferably a decent, approachable woman who doesn't suggest you 'hop up' on a blood-stained exam table...!

Any suggestions much appreciated....

Blood :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Recadoc

Thanks SheRa. Have heard good things about them so will definitely check them out.

As for sexist, a woman looking in The Ladies Lounge for a female GP? Not so much, no.

Yes blood on the tables - not for the first time either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭McCABE1

I went to Suffolk Street and the doctor was fine in there, not the nicest warmest person ever but a fine gp and I had no problems with her. Plus the procedure I was getting done was €50 cheaper than Wellwoman. ( I checked to be sure) So that put an end to Wellwoman for me for ever !! I think you'll be grand if you go in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The sisters who run Harcourt Health are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

My mum goes to

Rafter Dr Yvonne, 183 Lr Rathmines rd 6

I went there once I thought she was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

dudara wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Blood on the exam couch?? Jesus:eek:

And it's pretty understandable why a female would want to go to a female gp in fairness:rolleyes:

Blood on the exam couch?? Jesus:eek:

And it's pretty understandable why a female would want to go to a female gp in fairness:rolleyes:

Yes indeedy. The doctor didn't even bother changing the paper from the previous patient, I had to do it myself. She also had the bedside manner of a lunchbox.

Have had a brief glance at SoWatchaWant's other posts and the mind boggles as to why he would even bother posting here. One can only assume a fascination with lady parts...:rolleyes:

Much obliged for (most of) the replies all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

As BumbleB said, yvonne rafter in rathmines is v good - just oppsite from Swan Centre - PM me if you want her number - she is not walk in tho, you will have to have appointment

Thanks Messrs - found her online. I'm spoilt for choice now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

messrs wrote: »
    As BumbleB said, yvonne rafter in rathmines is v good - just oppsite from Swan Centre - PM me if you want her number - she is not walk in tho, you will have to have appointment

She's nice .I'm a bloke and I fainted in her office during a blood test ,I'm embarassed to go back, she was very nice to me .My mum likes her too:) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

Dr Pauline King, Cambridge Clinic, 5 Cambridge Villas D6 - very professional , highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Sexist?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If a woman would like to visit a female GP its hardly sexist, its a matter of personal choice! Grow up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Decided to bump this old thread instead of starting a new one.

I was hoping that someone could recommend a gp to me in Dublin city centre ?I don't mind If they are male or female,but maybe would prefer female. Any recommendations would be most appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Dr Kavanagh in Mercer Medical Clinic, Stephan's Street is a gem of a GP. Would personally recommend her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I go to the Suffolk Street Surgery and find them very good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I recommend the Albany Clinic on Fitzwilliam Street, I go to Dr. McNulty, lovely calm approachable woman. She was a breath of fresh air when I saw her after years of going to a horrid hurried gp. For once I didn't feel like I was on a conveyor belt!

http://www.albanyclinic.ie/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

dudara wrote: »

They are brill. Have been to Roslyn (sp?) most and she is very down to earth and approachable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement