Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 109, 2010 the O2 Dublin

Options
  • 14-10-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just spotted this on the wikipedia list of ufc events, no names or head line yet,it looks like we could get a light heavy weight campionship bout could be held but dono would they hive us such a big event hope it a good card AGAIN cant wait :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Destructo wrote: »
    it looks like we could get a light heavy weight campionship bout

Winner of Machida V Shogun fighting again after about 9/10 weeks........extremely unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Destructo

wow dident think about that it is pretty close ha ,but wen you think its like 5 events away you wouldent expect it to be only 10 odd weeks from 104. dont think we'll get any champ bout ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

personally no. UFC like to put on a showcase type event at end of year, so think any possible championship bout around this time will be used then. Also I think its more likely that IF they wanted to put on a championship match in Ireland they will keep it for the St Patricks day event

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I made about post about this a month or so ago. That IS the date which UFC have scheduled.

Devastator wrote: »
    personally no. UFC like to put on a showcase type event at end of year, so think any possible championship bout around this time will be used then. Also I think its more likely that IF they wanted to put on a championship match in Ireland they will keep it for the St Patricks day event

Which will be in Boston if at all now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wiki is not too reliable, about as reliable as MMABAY :rolleyes::rolleyes: And that is always wrong ;)

It's even down on WIKI now as being at Marlay Park!!

ufc-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bets on Ace headlining again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Bets on Ace headlining again? :pac:

2/1. but i would go evens on marquardt / hendo

marley park lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If the dates are correct then it would be perfect.

Nah, this aint happenin on that date, NEVER trust Wikipedia, you can edit ANY page yourself!!

UFC will be back in Dublin in March, either for a UFN on Paddy's day (very bad idea) or a full event the weekend before/after paddy's day, and i've been told that by 2 fighters.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nah, this aint happenin on that date

Sorry but it is

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

UFC's marquee event at this time of year is the Super Bowl weekend 6th February 2010 show which is more than likely going to be in Vegas like every other year. That card always has a title fight which will probably be St Pierre giving the following:
    LW Title fight week before Xmas
    MW Title fight 2nd Jan
    Machida Shogun fight in 2 weeks time quick turnaround with training camps
    Brock Carwin in Novemeber same as above quick turnaround

That leaves St Pierre against Swick or Hardy who will also have a quick turnaround.

Taking this into account it will more than likely be a non title main event possibly Henderson Marquardt as mentioned above but with Henderson having contract issues it is unlikely.
    Maybe Koscheck vs Matt Hughes as has been mentioned.

rovert wrote: »
    Sorry but it is

Where have you seen this then? Have you a link that's not wikipedia?

Where have you seen this then? Have you a link that's not wikipedia?

Read the what I already posted in this thread or failing that find the thread I made (and other threads others made around the same time) a month or more go. It was scheduled internally by UFC as per a month ago that would be the date of the Irish show there was also another story others on here posted that UFC have reserved that date with the o2 arena people.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Pretty stupid on their part if true, there'll be thousands going over for 105, stumping up for tickets again two months layer might be too much for some people.

Pretty stupid on their part if true, there'll be thousands going over for 105, stumping up for tickets again two months layer might be too much for some people.
    Considering how fast it sold last time and how lackluster the 105 card is I dont think itll make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 39,162 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Does this mean the march card is off.

Bad news for me if so, I'll only be back in feb,

fingers crossed for sydney UFC 110

Mellor wrote: »
    Does this mean the march card is off.

Bad news for me if so, I'll only be back in feb,

Not necessarily, they could well do 2 over here, one in Jan, a full event to go out PPV in U.S. I've also heard that the Jan 16th Event is still a toss up between Dublin and Nottingham, all depends on how Dan Hardy comes off against Mike Swick at 105. If he comes out relatively uninjured then he'd prob headline the Nottingham Jan card against maybe Matt Hughes

The Paddy's day one would be a UFN, and would be broadcast on tape delay in U.S for free, the pubs are rammed over there on Paddy's night, great PR for UFC.

I

Not necessarily, they could well do 2 over here

Very much doubt that
    The Paddy's day one would be a UFN, and would be broadcast on tape delay in U.S for free, the pubs are rammed over there on Paddy's night, great PR for UFC.

Not if there is aggro at the show. UFC is fairly image concious especially in markets.

Paddy's Day will make booking hotels really hard and expensive when you consider UFC rented out two or three hotels for all the crew, office staff and members of the press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Mellor wrote: »

Its UFC111 i think and its been booked for the Acer Arena, which as far as i know is in Sydney. Wandys confirmed in his video blog he will be headlining against Akiyama. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

wandy wrote: »
    Its UFC111 i think and its been booked for the Acer Arena, which as far as i know is in Sydney. Wandys confirmed in his video blog he will be headlining against Akiyama. Enjoy!

When I first read that I read Akiyama as Takayama needless to say I was very confused indeed.

heres the link to the Wand video blog he confirms it in. MMAbay have embedded it onto their site

http://mmabay.co.uk/Video%2000731.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 randm

Read the what I already posted in this thread or failing that find the thread I made (and other threads others made around the same time) a month or more go. It was scheduled internally by UFC as per a month ago that would be the date of the Irish show there was also another story others on here posted that UFC have reserved that date with the o2 arena people.

not happening 108 jan 2nd is goin to be in vages and 109 also in vages on feb 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FightNightMedia

I agree do not believe it will happen in January.

Rumours off a couple of forums in America say it could Possibly could happen for St Paddy's Day :D:D which would be even better date to have UFC in Ireland.

Cheers Mick

randm wrote: »
    not happening 108 jan 2nd is goin to be in vages and 109 also in vages on feb 6th

Have you actually looked at UFC's events schedule for 2010? They are expanding the number of shows they are running next year.
    I agree do not believe it will happen in January.

Rumours off a couple of forums in America say it could Possibly could happen for St Paddy's Day :D:D

Yeah rumours that are between 3-9 months old.
    which would be even better date to have UFC in Ireland.

No it wouldnt for reasons already given above also Paddys day isnt even a Saturday so I dont see how it is better for UFC when PPV is their main revenue stream.

I think we may see it on the 13th of march because Bob Arum said that will be the date of manny pacquiao's next fight after cotto and the ufc are not going to columbus next year aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FightNightMedia

UFC Fight Night is held during the week.

The UFC can probably put a show on whenever it wants, were it wants still make money and have a sizeable Audience. Plus a show in Europe might gain UFC more PPV (in European Terms widening their market gaining new fans) because of a much normal broadcasting instead of 3 to 6 on a saturday morning even later when you go further into Europe.
    The same time it is only a rumour were all just wanting the UFC to come back ASAP Cause i would go any night of the week.
    On the other hand some shows are six months in the making like UFC 107 cause Rampage Jackson wanted to fight in Memphis funnie how that turned out.

UFC Fight Night is held during the week.

The UFC can probably put a show on whenever it wants, were it wants still make money and have a sizeable Audience. Plus a show in Europe might gain UFC more PPV (in European Terms widening their market gaining new fans) because of a much normal broadcasting instead of 3 to 6 on a saturday morning even later when you go further into Europe.
    The same time it is only a rumour were all just wanting the UFC to come back ASAP Cause i would go any night of the week.
    On the other hand some shows are six months in the making like UFC 107 cause Rampage Jackson wanted to fight in Memphis funnie how that turned out.

No doesnt make sense cos they would have to show it for free in America like rest the UFC events over here. I think only one over here they havent got for free is UFC 80 when penn stevenson fought for title, and lets face it we wont get title fight anytime soon over here.

Most likely be UFC in Boston on Paddys Day, makes more sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 randm

Have you actually looked at UFC's events schedule for 2010? They are expanding the number of shows they are running next year.

yes they are maybe later in the year... for 108 & 109 its on at the times I just said...after that it may increase per month (2 shows)... :D:D:D

• Advertisement

wandy wrote: »
    No doesnt make sense cos they would have to show it for free in America like rest the UFC events over here. I think only one over here they havent got for free is UFC 80 when penn stevenson fought for title, and lets face it we wont get title fight anytime soon over here.

Most likely be UFC in Boston on Paddys Day, makes more sense
    93 was PPV in the US

Advertisement