Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I'm starting my own House & Techno night.........

Options
  • 16-09-2009 10:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So as I have hinted in a few other threads, I'm starting a new weekly Club Night in Dublin! Well, when I say me, it's a group of 7 of us - I was delighted to be asked to be included! We are all DJ's, all passionate about our music, a wide variance of backgrounds, but all very experienced - so we have got together to start a new weekly night of quality house, techo and Disco, and I think its going to be really great....

We are going to have a good varied mix of DJ's - starting off with a host of well known Dublin DJ's, along with ourselves, and we are also going to be bringing in International DJ's approx once a month. Quality House, Techno and also some Disco. The venue is a brand new place yet to host any proper nights - still secret for the moment but it's on the Quay's so its very central. We're just sorting out a sound system now and kitting the place out. Nearest I can compare it to is that it's kinda like McGruders - but nicer!

As we all know its a recession so it's going to be cheap in: €5 and probably €10 on International nights, with cheap drinks and further drinks promotions like free shots etc etc. And of course it goes without saying I'll have you feckers on the guestlist, for the first while anyway :D ! We're not in this for the money - we just want to do what we all love, create a great atmosphere and fill the place with like minded people to just have a really great time!

As soon as we have a few loose ends tied away I'll let you know more of the details, website, lineup etc, but the launch night will be on October 3rd, and we'll be running every Saturday night, so I hope to see lots of you then!

We will have some slots for new Dj's so pm me if interested, and anyone that can help promote the night we'd love to hear from you.

So stay tuned kids - and all will be revealed soon!!!

Cheers
    Colly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Hey I'm a bit of a lurker here, I'd be interested in doing event photography/photoshop work for your night? Looking to build my portfolio, pm me if interested!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 YESFESTIVAL

Best of luck with it!! Look forward to hearing more!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Sounds deadly mate, would love to do something like this meself.

Just havent got the get up and go attitude needed to do it.

Hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Fair play to ya Colly. Hope it goes well, Good to see new blood and new faces on the clubbing promotion scene taking the initiative and doing this kind of thing. Respect:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Fair play, great news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Sounds good, what type of House may i ask?

Did you also mention DISCO :D i absolutely love Disco and always have, not just the mainstream Disco tunes, im massively into loads of underground NYC stuff.

Also ill throw my hat into the ring if you want anyone playing Soulful/Funky House (or the obligatory old skool set on occasions);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

If its anyway as reckless as thomas street was I'll be delighted. Fair play for risking it during a recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

best of luck, im pretty sure the venue has been announced as per other boards but il leave it up to you. glad to see some people getting some regular gigs, mr.fields and yer wan from decks and the city too.

i really hope it lasts, but that venue has been troublesome in the past. i jsut hope its still going when i get home next year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Big up Colly, hope it works out for you guys - nice to see that venue back in action, used to go there a fair bit back in the Soul 28 days.

I'll definitely try and make it down to at least one of the nights anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Fair play Colly, best of luck with it.
    Look forward to hearing more details and having a look see when it's up and running. I haven't a notion where it is so I'll reserve judgement.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers lads! Thanks for your support, can't wait for the launch, should be good fun and hope to see mnay of you down there.

I was going to wait until a few little things on the website is finished, but sure feck it: www.laundrydublin.com

The Venue, as Tyranny said used to be called "Soul 28" but is now under new management and it called "The Pint" - its on Eden Quay, just over O'Connell Bridge down towards Liberty Hall. It's just like a nice old man pub downstairs but we all fell in love with it's charm - upstairs it has a pretty cool function room type thing, very long with seating at the back and a bar in the middle, with a low ceiling, and up the front the roof opens up and there is a big stage where the decks, Dj's and dancing girls will be ;)

Tack don't worry there will not be any trouble, we'll have tight security - pus one of the lads used to run a night in the Metropolitan for ages which is right beside it, and he never had any trouble. We have a few heads from PowerFM involved as well as a few others who have run nights in the past and been very involved in the Dublin club scene, and some fresh faces too.

Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to get involved. Hamiltinion I'd be very interested in your help, I do a bit of photography myself and want to put some good photos up on the site for each night too.

So, just over 2 weeks now, can't wait!

Nice Lineup for the first month

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cool, glad you like it! We will be actively looking for DJ talent in the coming months so anyone interested email info@laundrydublin.com - send in a mix and a bio and we'll do our best to get back to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

great stuff colly!!
    You're a guy with a great head on your shoulders so it's great to see you focus your energies on your love of music.

Best of luck with this and hope it becomes as successful as I think it's going to be (which is very successful).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Looks fantastic. Will be sure to drag a few mates along.

Oh and guys the facebook account is http://www.facebook.com/laundrydublin so if you can all add us as a friend so you can keep up to date on what's happening etc - and if you can suggest all your friends who might be interested as well that would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Good stuff Zascar! Best of luck with the new project, will be sure to check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Good stuff Colly - hope this goes well and will be spreading the word

Will get back to you with a club mix

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fairplay Colly! I'll definitely be along some night.

Why "Laundry"?

I'm guessing it used to be a Laundry? Ha

• Advertisement

The concept of the name was dreamed up by one of the crew - Claire Roche. We just wanted something fresh and different to the standard club night names are all familiar with. The theme will follow into the night too, something different and fun - more than just a dark room with some speakers!

Cool. The website kinda reminds me of an old mix album that I used to love.

R-82293-1203148319.jpeg

kinda....

hahah cool! We are going to have someone doing graphics/visuals on projectors etc so stuff like this would work really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Clubbing forum imo.

Shocking abuse of mod powers tbh.

EDIT - to include smiley face in case anyone thought I was serious :)

Going by Colly's PM he obv did. Thanks man, you've cheered me up with that.

LOL!

All in the name of shameless promotion - which for regular members I have no problem with!

Zascar wrote: »
    hahah cool! We are going to have someone doing graphics/visuals on projectors etc so stuff like this would work really well!
    Well I do charge a consultancy fee.......but a guestlist addition will do too!

A p1sstake of the Levi's ad would be cool too.

levis.jpg

And LOL at taking Kev seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

All the best with this my good man. Will defo try and get up for a binge at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Well done, best of luck!

A proper new night is well overdue ;)
    I'll send you some pics Sean :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement