Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do You Eat Everyday?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Stolen from The Cuckoo's Nest, except changed around a bit for the Vegetarian/Vegan forum. Post what you've eaten today, as I'm curious to find out what other vegetarians (or vegans) eat.

For Breakfast: Toasted brown bread & cheese.

Lunch: Roasted vegetable ravioli.

Dinner: Quorn chicken style fajitas.

Second Dinner :P: Shredded garlic tofu with rice.

And a Twirl bar as a snack :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

Typical day for me is:
    Breakfast: Platter of fruit (usually mango, passion fruit, berries etc. it's different every day)

Lunch: Crackers or rye crispbread with hummus and raw vegetables like carrots or cucumber

Dinner: Roasted vegetables and something like tofu or bean burger.

Snacks would be nuts, vegan chocolate or corn chips.

I also drink loads of water and love my cup of tea with soya milk!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Today, 2 weetabix/low fat milk for breakfast. Have not had lunch yet, updates willl come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Toast for brekkie, or brekkie bars

Toasted cheese for lunch with yog

Dins is usually quorn veg and potatoes!

Sweets are my downfall, gotta be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Today:

Breakfast: Bowl of Bran flakes with sliced banana

Lunch: Home made hummus on brown pitta bread. Yoghurt for dessert!

Dinner: I'm making either carrot and coriander soup (if the coriander in the shop is nice) or if not stir fried veg (broccoli, garlic, red onion, courgette) with cous cous and cashews.

God, I'm hungry now... 1 whole hour til I can eat my lunch! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I've only had breakfast today, cos I got up late.

Breakfast: Huge bowl of Fruit and Fibre with extra raisins and banana.
    Snack: Juice

I don't know what I'm having for dinner and I'll have at least one frozen yogurt and some more fruit later.

Yesterday -
    Breakfast: Fruit and Fibre with extra fruit
    Dinner: Spaghetti bolganese made from tofu. Spaghetti was wholemeal.
    Snacks: An apple with peanut butter, an orange and about four frozen yogurts.

I get up late during summer, so I usually miss lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I had a very untypical day foodwise, I came home this morning fresh off a flight from NYC totally starving cause Aer Lingus screwed up my meal order and didn't have a vegan meal for me, so I had vegan cheese on toast with tomatoes & a packet of crisps for breakfast by Irish time or late night snack by NYC time.
    Then I went to sleep, but woke up at lunch time so my breakfast/lunch/brunch was a Clif Bar (I LOVE Clif Bars!).
    Then later I had cheesy beans on toast.
    Munched on Nutter Butters throughout the day.
    For dinner I had carrots and brocolli in a spicy peanut sauce with rice.
    And I'll polish off the rest of the Nutter Butters with a cup of tea in a few minutes!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've only had a burger since, it was a double 'chicken' burger with cheese and onions though, yum. Gonna make a stirfry soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

brekkie : yoghurt
    snack : banana
    lunch : shambo with cheese and lettuce
    dinner : packet pasta

(quite obvious i cant cook :( )

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

maameeo wrote: »

Really is that obvious aint it:pac:

As for myself:

Brekkie - Weetabix or Porridge, piece of fruit, some nuts and a pint of water

Lunch - piece of fruit, cup of tea with some bread

Dinner - Depends on the day, sometimes potatoes with veg, sometimes pasta with veg or one day we'll have chips and baked beans. Include some almonds and a pint of water here too...

Snack - glass of water, some grapes or a clementine or cup of tea and some bread...depends on the mood i'm in:)

Really is that obvious aint it:pac:

As for myself:

Brekkie - Weetabix or Porridge, piece of fruit, some nuts and a pint of water

Lunch - piece of fruit, cup of tea with some bread

Dinner - Depends on the day, sometimes potatoes with veg, sometimes pasta with veg or one day we'll have chips and baked beans. Include some almonds and a pint of water here too...

Snack - glass of water, some grapes or a clementine or cup of tea and some bread...depends on the mood i'm in:)

cup of tea with some bread...do u like dip it in instead of a biscuit? :P

• Advertisement

Here you, we are having a meet up to teach you cooking some time. :p

Here you, we are having a meet up to teach you cooking some time. :p

how much time u got? :P

how much time u got? :P

You are right, lost cause, will have to teach your little gal instead.
    'what do you want for dinner mammy?'

Ah but its easy really, you just poke the food and while it cooks and suddenly you are a great cook!

You are right, lost cause, will have to teach your little gal instead.
    'what do you want for dinner mammy?'

Ah but its easy really, you just poke the food and while it cooks and suddenly you are a great cook!

lol, u dont realise how true this is!!!
    alicia made pizza in summer camp today!!! shes already ahead of me!:eek:

lol, u dont realise how true this is!!!
    alicia made pizza in summer camp today!!! shes already ahead of me!:eek:

I must remember to tell her to take care of you at meal time! Peppers for all!

Just had my late dinner of quinoa, veggie mince, sweet corn, onion, mushrooms, brocolli, courgette. Am stuffed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

cup of tea with some bread...do u like dip it in instead of a biscuit? :P
    Strange that you bring it up, do you do it? but yeah i've done that since i was knee high to a grasshopper;) and if i aint got bread then digestives will do:D

Strange that you bring it up, do you do it? but yeah i've done that since i was knee high to a grasshopper;) and if i aint got bread then digestives will do:D

your joking right? remind me not to invite u over for a cuppa tea! ;)
    digestives, mmm, think ill run shop get sometime to dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

What I ate today.

1st meal. Half a large watermelon. Juiced the skin and about half an inch of flesh and drank that first (about a pint and a half) then ate the flesh.

2nd meal. Put a fistful of cashews and a fistful of macadamia nuts in the blender with some water and made a thick cream. Chopped 4 apples into it. Had a mango after.

3rd meal. 4 frozen bananas and about 40 frozen cherries and 2 dessertspoons of coconut oil in the food processor to make ice-cream.

4th meal. A green smoothie. Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, nectarines, a mango, a bunch of chard, a handful of alfalfa sprouts, a dessertspoon of vitamineral green, 2 dstspoon of macca. 1 of lucuma and some E3live.

2 weetabix, boiled egg.

Mince, onion, broccoli, mushrooms quinoa.

Will have pizza later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Breakfast: Muesli (mistakenly bought in Aldi, meant to get the Strawberry crunch)

Lunch: Salad and Salad Cream Sandwich.

Tea: Sausages, Mash, Baked Beans and fried Onion.

Snack: Chilli Nuts and Paprika Nuts from Aldi.

All fairly dull as I had to fend for myself today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Fry for brecky

egg based lunch

a mcdonalds dinner

All that health food, but its balanced an unheathy balanced diet so its all good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

breakfast:porridge
    lunch:cheese on toast
    dinner:mexican bean tostade (think thats what its called anyway, was a SQ ready meal!)
    snacks, peanut kit kat and a slice of carrot cake!
    I always forget about fruit in summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Mentalmiss wrote: »
    What I ate today.

1st meal. Half a large watermelon. Juiced the skin and about half an inch of flesh and drank that first (about a pint and a half) then ate the flesh.

2nd meal. Put a fistful of cashews and a fistful of macadamia nuts in the blender with some water and made a thick cream. Chopped 4 apples into it. Had a mango after.

3rd meal. 4 frozen bananas and about 40 frozen cherries and 2 dessertspoons of coconut oil in the food processor to make ice-cream.

4th meal. A green smoothie. Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, nectarines, a mango, a bunch of chard, a handful of alfalfa sprouts, a dessertspoon of vitamineral green, 2 dstspoon of macca. 1 of lucuma and some E3live.

That sounds lovely :)

phic wrote: »
    breakfast:porridge
    lunch:cheese on toast
    dinner:mexican bean tostade (think thats what its called anyway, was a SQ ready meal!)
    snacks, peanut kit kat and a slice of carrot cake!
    I always forget about fruit in summer...

cheese on toast is the best!
    my fav thing to make (also only thing i can make, works well for me :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Breakfast is either Porridge [quick oats in the little microwaveable container] and half a can of baked beans [not together, never tired it but sure it wouldn't taste great] OR toast with half a can of baked beans.

After it's very up in the air what I'll have day to day but today I had a yummy salad of carrots, lettuce, apple, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, and a handful of dry roasted peanuts.

Sometimes have toasted pita beard and humas or local place does an amazing red onion patatoe salad thing, get some sundried tomatoes and focaccia bread FTW.

Main event was quesadilla, hmmmmm love my mexican food. Just plain quesadilla with cheese and a bit more salad and the other half of the can of beans followed by an orange pudding. Normally have guacamole with quesadilla but the avocados in the shop didn't look great.

Some days I'll do Mac and Cheese, cook loads and make it last a couple of days, I don't like reheating food [I'm odd like that] so will mix cold mac and cheese into a salad to make a nice pasta salad. Other days it's rice and beans with different sauces chucked in depending what I feel like. Also make very wonky looking falafels but loads of dressings and shoved into a pita bread doesn't matter what they look like. Being doing alot of stewed rhubarb this week as I keep getting piles of the stuff off people - just having it plain with very little sugar added in the cooking as I don't like it sweet.

Man writing all thats made me hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Mentalmiss wrote: »
    What I ate today.

that's alot of liquid

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

breakfast special k

lunch homemade soup

dinner qourn & veg

ztoical wrote: »
    that's alot of liquid

I more than likely had 2 pints of water as well. 90% of the time I have a pint about half way between my main meals.
    I also take Probiotics and an occasional B12.

I do notice a lack of greens in most people's diet and I understand that because I am not a green fan myself and went years without it.
    As a result of all of my reading I have come to realise that green leaves are a very important part of the human diet and we can not reach optimum health without them.
    I would love if it were not so because I would live very happily without them but I can not change the facts. I have some greens every day. I either juice them or add them to a smoothie because you can get away with using less if you break them down first to make them more digestible.
    To juice greens you need a twin gear juicer (I have a green star gold). I usually juice one cucumber, some greens (may include wheatgrass), 3 or 4 sticks of celery and an apple.
    I have to admit that I would prefer to have a honeydew melon or a few mangoes and they would be a lot less trouble but that drink is loaded with nutrients.
    A green smoothie is the other alternative. Put your favourite fruits in a blender with water and then add some greens (I add lots of other things but you do not need to). Because the blender breaks them down you can absorb a lot more from them so you need less than if you were eating a salad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hungover breakfast of a (disgusting) pizza baguette and a pan au chocolat, washed down with 5 cups of coffee... I feel like death now!:o

Breakfast is usually either wholegrain toast and marmite, or sugar free meusli with a handful of cashews and dried berries thrown in

Advertisement