Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assignment 16 - Odd One Out

Options
  • 25-06-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

The Theme is 'Odd One Out' - strictly no software wizardry allowed! You can do whatever you like to produce your image, but once you take the shot, only basic adjustments allowed, curves, crop etc.

The Rules.

*Photos must be in by 2 weeks of given task - closing date 9th July, 9pm.
    *No old photos. Only photos taken with this task in mind qualify - sorry. Therefore, dated 25th June onwards.
    *Photos must be on the given task.
    *ONE photo per post. Post as many as you like.
    *C&C to be encouraged - but be nice about it.
    *Stretch yourself - no limitation to what you can do to produce the image.
    *Next task/subject to be chosen by person who has the most thanks after their post (must include a picture in the post ).

Example:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dynax7/449741022/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

83642.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

83643.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Heres my entry, seen it while out for a run with my girlfriend around malin head yesterday evening thought on the comp staight away, be gentle no editing done and only using a kodak digital camera. allcomments welcome though...i called the picture "the grass is greener on the other side"
    3662460494_30430d07dd_b.jpg

Can't believe you went to the effort of lifting a Cow over a barbed wire fence, just for a photo challenge :eek:

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Here's my first stab at it.

DSC_0027.jpg

• Advertisement

The other Danbos laugh and joke and call me names...

DSC_0185.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

3665124449_e4ff42594b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

3665124241_aba0df2dc4.jpg

keps wrote: »
    Homeless man-- 'if only'

If it were still the subject of "contrasts", I'd say you'd have won it with that, as there isn't really an odd one out in the picture as such.

In saying that though, it's a fantastic photograph. I'm not really as knowledgeable about photography as I'm sure most people on here would be, but I think that's a very, very thought-provoking image.

What I really love most about it is how similar the two men look. If it were a film, I'd say it'd be as if the same guy is looking at two different futures or something.

Sorry for rambling off topic, I don't think that will win the challenge, considering the topic at hand. but I honestly do think that's an amazing photograph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

If it were still the subject of "contrasts", I'd say you'd have won it with that, as there isn't really an odd one out in the picture as such.

In saying that though, it's a fantastic photograph. I'm not really as knowledgeable about photography as I'm sure most people on here would be, but I think that's a very, very thought-provoking image.

What I really love most about it is how similar the two men look. If it were a film, I'd say it'd be as if the same guy is looking at two different futures or something.

Sorry for rambling off topic, I don't think that will win the challenge, considering the topic at hand. but I honestly do think that's an amazing photograph.

Off topic :confused: only one of them is a girl!!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭salamanca

From the Botanic Gardens:-
    FEB08F993C0D48DA9B2966DB06E565EB-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Thanks - but I just see now as well that the photo has to be taken spefically for the challenge and that is not the case here - I took it in Madrid last year.

keps
    So I am going to delete it and just put it over to the Random forum.

I'm working away from home for the next 3 weeks - and not sure what access to internet etc I will have ...so I am bunging a few photos in today - I hope that is ok.
    All taken in the backgarden - Sunday 28th June.

2yxlk03.jpg

25pnts1.jpg

2eydx5g.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Have I posted enough images yet? :D

Finding it quite a hard assignment to get an excellent shot for though.

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    Have I posted enough images yet? :D

Finding it quite a hard assignment to get an excellent shot for though.

I like the one wth the 4 glasses. For me it would work better without the breadbin in the background. But that's just me!

keps

I like the one wth the 4 glasses. For me it would work better without the breadbin in the background. But that's just me!

keps

Yeah, I agree. I never thought to move it. Ah well, I'll leave it as is now!

1 more, why not! Sorry for the spammage

DSC_0160-800width-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

First attempt at this - hope you like it.
    Have loads of ideas for this assignment, not sure which will work best though. I'm a complete amateur too, don't know aperture from shutter speed, so please be kind.

golfballs.jpg

I like it. Very subtle, but it worked for me!

Thought I may aswell post something. Do no harm :)

P6290254.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

First attempt at this - hope you like it.

You have quite clean balls :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    1 more, why not! Sorry for the spammage

[IMG][/IMG]
    ^^ good shot & nice kitchen tiles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

3670899749_05c67be9b8_o.jpg

3670899425_00b7e37960_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

My first entry.

oddoneout.jpg

I have another idea too but it will take an hour of a journey to get there and dammit I don't know if it is worth it!:pac:

Just interesting to note - that the out of focus flowers and the glasses in front of the bread-bin have got between them 5 votes- while my attempts between them have a eurovision type 'nul points'.

Obviously my photographic and creative talents are so short of what is required on this elite forum that there is little point in hanging around.

I will go somewhere where the standards are not so exacting(and the fellow members are a bit fairer).

keps

• Advertisement

Just interesting to note - that the out of focus flowers and the glasses in front of the bread-bin have got between them 5 votes- while my attempts between them have a eurovision type 'nul points'.

Obviously my photographic and creative talents are so short of what is required on this elite forum that there is little point in hanging around.

I will go somewhere where the standards are not so exacting(and the fellow members are a bit fairer).

keps

Sorry you feel that way keps, I'm sure it's nothing personal.
    This is not a thread to discuss the quality of members submissions, or to argue the "fairness" of the voting system. What may appeal to me, may be totally horrid to you, and visa versa.

If you wish to submit your shots, in the main forum, for C&C, I'm sure you'll get some helpful insight into peoples opinions. It can be very helpful.

Advertisement