Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

reilig wrote: »
    I don't know what ye were using, but certainly it couldn't have been a pasture pump like this?

We have one for years and it serves 10 cows and calves at its ease. This second pump will allow us to have 20 cows and calves in the one group.

It fills as fast as a mains drinker. A cow could pull 5 gallons into it in a minute. It will bring more than half a gallon with each pump and the animal drinks it as they are pumping. As for energy required to pump it, you could pump it with your little finger, it's that easy to pump.

Cows are never standing around waiting for it - even during the hottest weather!

I think you are very misinformed!! A pump like this will provide more than adequate water for cows and calves. It can be moved from field to field easily as the cows are moved. It's the ideal low cost solution.

yeah they do have their place alright but i think you probably need at least one pump for about a dozen animals. neighbour near here as a few he uses on and outside farm for dry cows and young stock. has a couple of them lined up on the roadway going through the farm. they are drawing up from a stream that runs through his place. they are handy where you have the water close to the pump so draw isnt that hard. not worth a f**k if you are trying to draw up from a deep well. if your worried about access to water then just stick in another pump or 2. cheaper then trying to get in the mains or drilling a well and getting in the power. but you need to have a spring or stream to draw from of have a shallow water table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

year long project finally coming together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Nice job. Did you get a lad to make the drum? Is it all in one piece?

Muckit wrote: »
    Nice job. Did you get a lad to make the drum? Is it all in one piece?
    yeah its a single piece. i rescued it from a ditch that a neighbour had thrown it into after the old frame bent up on it. Old gas or water pipe, serious heavy stuff in it. still about 2 - 3 weeks away from finishing tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

yeah its a single piece. i rescued it from a ditch that a neighbour had thrown it into after the old frame bent up on it. Old gas or water pipe, serious heavy stuff in it. still about 2 - 3 weeks away from finishing tho

Strong job SS , it shouldn't break at the top link anyhow !

• Advertisement

and its not what ye think it is either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I was thinking it wasn't alright........

I was thinking it wasn't alright........
    bluffer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

bluffer :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

?

• Advertisement

You ll find out when it's finished, now I'm off to bribe lakill to keep his mouth shut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭mayota

Will it be used to clear landmines in some war torn country

mayota wrote: »
    Will it be used to clear landmines in some war torn country

Gonna fill the drum with lead and mine clear like you said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cjpm

A few more bits and a lick of red paint......

http://www.donedeal.ie/rollers-for-sale/8land-roller-on-wheels/5860565

cjpm wrote: »

Your getting warmer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

something like this maybe...
    http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/alstrong-aerator-for-hire/5154202

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

They were at the ploughing, are they any good I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

They were at the ploughing, are they any good I wonder?

dont know now, massive money i think though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

just do it wrote: »
    Bet your right

Might be the picture....but there doesn't look to be enough room between the frame and the roller for the spikes to me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Figerty

The spikes on the Alstrong one are made from Hardox, expensive but savage hard wearing and strong. Welding hardox isn't too easy either.

Figerty wrote: »
    The spikes on the Alstrong one are made from Hardox, expensive but savage hard wearing and strong. Welding hardox isn't too easy either.
    but it can be done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

:D:D:D:D

This I have to see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Figerty

but it can be done ;)

Course it can, and even if you don't use hardox softer material will last a long time depending on usage or how many stones you hit.

You can get En19 or EN24T would be used for digger pins, welding can be trickier but it's manageable.

Flaking job on the project by the way. Could you add a tray on to top to add weight to it if its not sinking into hard ground?

This I have to see :D
    if it works out you ll see plenty and if it dont im denying everything :P

Figerty wrote: »
    Course it can, and even if you don't use hardox softer material will last a long time depending on usage or how many stones you hit.

You can get En19 or EN24T would be used for digger pins, welding can be trickier but it's manageable.

Flaking job on the project by the way. Could you add a tray on to top to add weight to it if its not sinking into hard ground?
    we have a plan for something else thats free around here and made of hardened metal so should work out well.
    was thinking of the extra weight but not sure if it will be needed as with the barrel filled with water and the frame, the whole thing weighs over a ton.
    have to add the axle and ram and a few others things yet.
    due to the swirl of the blades rather than a straight line of blades you dont need as much weight as not as many blades trying to penetrate the ground at the same time, thats my theory anyways

dont know now, massive money i think though
    cost something like approx E8000-E9000 for the small ones and the Alstrong one is approx E12000

rancher wrote: »
    Might be the picture....but there doesn't look to be enough room between the frame and the roller for the spikes to me anyway
    9 inches from frame to drum :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

cost something like approx E8000-E9000 for the small ones and the Alstrong one is approx E12000

how much will you make this for? 800e

Advertisement