Auditions, Auditions, Auditions! - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-06-2009, 14:54   #1
faceman
Category Moderator

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions!

Please use this thread if you wish to advertise auditions for any upcoming performances in any area.
Advertisement
28-06-2009, 17:15   #2
ndolan

Recruiting : Male 20-30ish to present reality show

Hi,
I am looking for a male 20 something or close enough to star in a pilot for a 2 person reality show. One character is suave & one is lazy.
Please contact me with photo, previous experience or reason why you want to do this.
The pilot is non pay but if taken up will be paid with great exposure.
PM me for details.
30-06-2009, 22:47   #3
smurf21

Auditions for Dublin Fringe Festival Show

Talking Shop Ensemble is holding auditions for exciting new show to take place in Sept. 09 as part of Dublin Fringe Festival

Auditions
Thursday 2. July
Friday 3. July

Please contact Robbie on 0876509867 for further information and to make an appointment.
14-07-2009, 22:20   #4
Average-Ro

Actors in Galway.

Hi everyone,

I'm shooting a short film in Galway next month. The following is an ad we've sent to the papers, I thought I'd put it up here as well to try and get it to as much people as possible.

Actors Needed

Actors are wanted for a short film entitled What I Do. The story revolves around a magician who falls on hard times.

Shooting will take place in mid August in Galway City.

The roles required are: Barry (age 30 – 45)

Mike (age 40+)

Orlaith (age 30 – 45)

2 Male Thugs (age 20 – 30)

Auditions will take place on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th of July between 2 and 5pm in Cluain Mhuire, GMIT. Cluain Mhuire is situated on the Monivea Road, Galway.

Actors are asked to come with a prepared piece. The role is unpaid but meals will be provided on set.

If anyone is interested, PM me for contact details.

Hope there are plenty of actors around who are interested!
16-07-2009, 15:43   #5
didigray

Casting Call for Actors.

An exciting opportunity for actors and extras is coming to the West this summer.
‘Magamedia’ is filming ‘Éalú 2’ at the end of July 2009.
‘Éalú 2’ is a six part drama-documentary series which will be broadcast on TG4 early in 2010.
Magamedia is casting for actors and extras for ‘Ealú 2’.
There are rôles for men and women of all ages.
Filming will take place at the end of July.

Open Auditions will take place on:
FRIDAY 17TH JULY
at

10 am in the Harbour Hotel, Galway.
and
3pm in the McWilliam Park Hotel, Claremorris.

Please email or phone for further details:

Email: magamediacasting@gmail.com
Phone : (+353) (091) 897974
Advertisement
09-08-2009, 18:40   #6
Short Film 2009

Want to be in a short film?

We are looking for 2 extras to star in a short film as younger versions of the leads. It is preferable if you have some acting or some dancing experience.
We cannot afford to pay but you will have a credit at the end of the film, which will be shown in film festivals around Ireland.
We are looking for a male with dark hair around 5'9" in height and a female with blonde hair around 5'3" in height.
If you are interested please send a recent photo and your height to the following email adress: shortfilm2009@hotmail.com.
It is a great opportunity to get your name associated with a short film but please only contact us if you are available on the 19th August.
Thank you.
11-08-2009, 17:25   #7
Fatboydim

Filming project in Westport Co Mayo. Looking for actors of all ranges. [Except Child actors - as they will be cast locally]

Micro Budget [So no pay but Accommodation meals and reasonable expenses]

As per previous post.

We will be auditioning Tuesday 18th August at The Irish Theatre Institute in Temple Bar, Dublin
I have just a few spaces left.

Anyone interested can send me their CV by emailing me len@thecovies.com

Last edited by faceman; 18-08-2009 at 11:05. Reason: Updated location
14-08-2009, 00:20   #8
Fatboydim

That is of course Templebar Dublin, not Castlebar Mayo. Doh!
16-08-2009, 23:47   #9
MickBeth

I'd be intrested I'd be a good "lazy bloke" I think ........So if you want to get in further contact my e-mail is lordleeson@gmail.com
Advertisement
19-08-2009, 12:22   #10
keyshwa

hello id be interested in the 20 something lazy guy send me a email to keenan@voodoojack.com and ill send u head shot etc
19-08-2009, 16:34   #11
bjtuohy

Cast required for Indie Feature

IN-WORLD WAR is a smart and quirky indie sci-fi feature about a debt-ridden beta tester trapped in a buggy virtual world simulation of the "war on terror". The script has been compared to BRAZIL for its dark satire and to THE MATRIX for its immersive virtual world. You can read more on film's production blog: http://www.inworldwar.com/

The filmmakers behind IN-WORLD WAR previously produced QUALITY OF LIFE (http://www.qualityoflife-themovie.com/), another ultra-low budget indie feature shot in San Francisco that premiered at the Berlin Int'l Film Festival (where it won a jury award) before going on to have a limited theatrical release and then to home video.

IN-WORLD WAR is shooting in Dublin on Monday 28 September, with a possible pick-up day on Tuesday 29 September. This will likely be a one-day shoot only, though the second day is reserved in case additional time is needed.

Some interviews and articles about IN-WORLD WAR:
http://www.sf360.org/features/brant-smiths-real-not-virtual-directorial-debut
http://io9.com/5279583/indie-science-fiction-film-tackles-virtual-reality-and-the-war-on-terror
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/in-world-war-sounds-like-virtually-brilliant-sci-fi.php

Looking for:

- Tank (Female 20's/early 30's)
- Niambh (Secretary, Female 20's/early 30's)
- Mary B (Female 30's/early 40's, professional type)

Mary B has scripted dialogue integral to main scene. Tank and Niambh will have improvised dialogue expanded in rehearsals.

If you are interested in working on an international independent sci-fi feature shooting briefly in Dublin, please contact us. All positions are deferred/credit/copy.

Rehearsals :Sat/Sun 26/27 September
Shooting: Monday 28 September
Pick-ups (if needed): Tuesday 29 September

If you are interested:

- please indicate the role you're interested in
- send your CV
- send headshots/link to showreel if possible.

Send to bjtuohy@gmail.com
Thanks from:
23-08-2009, 16:19   #12
bjtuohy

In-World War Casting

Applications for roles in the Independent Feature In-World War are no longer being accepted.

The director Brant Smith and I would like to thank everyone who has submitted a C.V. for consideration. There was a huge response and the standard was exceptional. Over the coming days I will be contacting the actresses who have been shortlisted for an audition with details of a time and location for same.

Kind Regards,

Brian J. Tuohy
31-08-2009, 17:47   #13
ClassikAttak

Actors wanted

Hi we are looking for fun loving people to thread the boards for the one act festivals in oct/ nov.
Experience a plus but not a must!
Rehearsals Cork city.
Classik Attak Theatre Company
Call Harry 0860357967 or Helen @ 0879859608
01-09-2009, 20:46   #14
DYT

10-09-2009, 11:32   #15
tararob

EXTRAS WANTED for Ulster Bank Dublin Theatre Festival Show

Performers of all sizes & abilities (aged mid-20s upwards) wanted for Theatre Festival Show.
Availability required: 27th Sept - 7th October (evenings only from 2nd - 7th Oct)
For more information please <snip> send a PM.
Please Note: THIS IS UNPAID

Last edited by faceman; 10-09-2009 at 13:21. Reason: Removed personal email address

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion